Thanks for the reply. Do I also get a Freq. graph with each pair and does it give the manufacturing date?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 168
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2507 of 48282/17/14 at 7:51pmQuote:
I got the frequency graph one month ago as png file from Audeze, and it has timestamp for the manufacturing (or graph capturing) date.post #2508 of 48282/17/14 at 9:36pmMy LCD 2 graph is similar, but the spike is slightly lower in amplitude and smoothly goes down after 10khz. I've got a JVC DX1000 coming from Japan now to arrive in a day or two as its at Australian customs. Very interested to compare considering both are of the darker and more musical variety. I have a fair few other headphones here as well to compare the JVC to.post #2509 of 48282/17/14 at 10:03pmpost #2510 of 48282/18/14 at 1:14amNice nails.
Anyway, guess who's going home with a grin and some rosewood Lcd-2! The store had two second hand ones and I auditioned them both side by side while plugged into a studio six. It cost me $870 all up. It would cost me more if I bought some online and had to ship them to Indonesia and then worry about taxes. Anyway I got to compare the freq. graphs and I chose the rev 2. The rev2.3 sounded more darker and had more hours on it by the looks of it. No cracks on the wood, especially around the angled connectors. The sound was smooth and sounded better. Will put up the graph pic later. Time to plug it into the v200.
Sound impressions: I am in Lala land right now so I would rather wait till the dust settles down. But if I were to summarise it, it's just a gorgeous sound. Like a classic v12 driving through the woods, with a beautiful rumble and tone. Thanks for all you help guys.
Edited by Contrails - 2/18/14 at 3:37ampost #2511 of 48282/18/14 at 3:16am
you got the one with angled black metal connectors, not wooden?
out of the v200, i suppose you'll use the mdac, my preference was the xlr input 0dB pre-gain, more punch, articulation, separation, overall control... i liked the lcd2 a lot !
what are the first impressions coming from the he-500?
EDIT: but that was with the v800, rca input was ok too, but at +6dB pre-gain
Edited by roskodan - 2/18/14 at 3:22ampost #2512 of 48282/18/14 at 3:18ampost #2513 of 48282/18/14 at 4:23am
lol - they are my GFs nails.
Congrats! Welcome. Great looking set! Nice grain on the wood.post #2514 of 48282/18/14 at 6:30amQuote:what are the first impressions coming from the he-500?
Honestly, I have been listening to the LCD-2 for four hours now. When I heard them on the WA6SE, they were punchy, aggressive and detailed. On the Studio six, they were very natural. When I plugged them into the V200, super smooth, detailed and punchy. The music just flows. Compared to the He-500, more detailed even though I am using stock cable on the LCD-2. I auditioned a custom made cable in the store and I was very skeptical about it before trying but boy was I wrong. Makes an audible difference in clarity.
Anyway, so in regards to the He-500, the He-500 sounds wider but lacks depth. The LCD-2 has the depth but does not have the same width. Imaging is about the same. Although on classical music, the He-500 takes the edge. Everything else, LCD-2. Pianos sound so beautiful. There is this flow and sweetness to them thats just so incredible to hear, maybe it's the first time I am hearing them sound so real. Violins are really good as well but they are also good on the He500, still a little more natural on the LCD-2. Drums, hands down LCD-2. Vocals, LCD-2 as HE-500 IMO only does Female vocals really good whereas LCD-2 both. So far I have only been listening to music with proper instruments on it, I haven't compared electronic music yet. But we all know the Bass on the LCD-2 will just be sublime for chillout tunes. It's pretty good on the He-500 too but not on the same level.
Comfort wise, they are around the same. These are a definite step up from the He-500. I am really glad they worked out. I have put the gain to -12 on the V200. And with the LCD-2, I am actually turning the volume down and the details are still there whereas with He500 I kept turning it up.Quote:White Lotus is a female audiophile. Don't mess with them nails mangQuote:lol - they are my GFs nails
Haha, so you're a lesbian audiophile? Awesome.post #2515 of 48282/18/14 at 11:59am
I've noticed that the LCD-2 really highlights the vocals over everything else. When vocals come on, it's almost impossible to place my attention elsewhere... pretty interesting. Even just snippets of samples -- when I hear the human voice, my attention darts over to it with these cans.post #2516 of 48282/18/14 at 2:32pmpost #2517 of 48282/18/14 at 2:48pmQuote:
Which custom cable did you try? While I too tend to be skeptical about how much difference a cable can make, there seems to be quite a few reports of cable replacement making some audible difference, so I suspect there must be something legitimate to it.post #2518 of 48282/18/14 at 5:23pmQuote:
My toxic silver does wake up the LCD2 a notch...nice !post #2519 of 48282/18/14 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by mogulmaster
I've noticed that the LCD-2 really highlights the vocals over everything else. When vocals come on, it's almost impossible to place my attention elsewhere... pretty interesting. Even just snippets of samples -- when I hear the human voice, my attention darts over to it with these cans.
Depends on the mix. If they were mixed to come out from the instruments, they will come out in these cans. As I said, these cans are a microscope to the recording, whilst maintaining excellent tonal balance. You will find other mixes where this does not happen at all.
If they were mixed to come out from the instrument - they will do that on speakers also...the LCD2s being far more revealing than just about any speaker, might just exaggerate this effect some due to the depth they can create in the mids.
This is something that needs to be addressed by the sound engineers. The fact remains though, it is important to get the tonal balance correct first, because that is how we interpret realism. We then can worry about other issues.
I personally love the realism of how the LCD2s reproduce the human voice - often the human voice takes precedent over the music. The LCD2s portray this as better than anything I've heard, so the intent is not entirely lost. Just watch some of these backup vocalists kissing their mikes...then imagine them kissing your ears via the LCD2s! Freakin awesome man!post #2520 of 48282/18/14 at 7:05pmQuote:assuming you're using the mdac, don't you find the lcd2 more transparent and punchy using xlr interconnections and 0dB pre-gain on the v200?
I haven't tried it yet. But will do one day. But I wouldn't mind getting the wood into a more darker colour. These are gorgeous phones with sort of a vintage/steam punk look to them.Quote:Which custom cable did you try? While I too tend to be skeptical about how much difference a cable can make, there seems to be quite a few reports of cable replacement making some audible difference, so I suspect there must be something legitimate to it.
There is a local manufacturer who makes them. It's a UPOCC 20AWG cable. Pretty thick and he's gonna put coffee brown and black sleeving on it. Sort of like this one in the pic.
The Toxic cables are meant to be really good as well and the Forza audio Noir are really good looking cables.
So anyway, what albums does everyone recommend for acoustic guitar, chillout tunes with piano on it and ones with epic drum solos?
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 26 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 39 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 47 seconds ago
- › Mono Recordings 49 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Balance issue with Fidelio X2 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)