Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 165

post #2461 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post


I already own the RS1i and the MAD.....killer combo to say the least.....was looking for something on the other end of the spectrum....dark...but detailed.

I would not say relaxing is what I want.....I may look else where.

HD600's/650's or the Mad Dogs are your other choices with a more neutral darker sig but retaining detail retrieval, otherwise there is no other dark/detailed sounding headphone that isn't relaxing and laid back at the sametime unless you focus on making the sound dark through tube amplification on purpose.
post #2462 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

I hear it too, mate. It's all subjective though, I guess.

 

It's all good mate.  Everyone is valid to an opinion and everyone hears differently.  :smile:

post #2463 of 5117

I could save a lot of money grabbing some Senn HD650.......or just snag a PS500, already have a MAD Ear for those......decisions, decisions.

 

I was really hoping I might enjoy the LCD....but not so sure now.

 

Thanks for your help.

post #2464 of 5117

guys I am new here, and I was at a store listening to Sennheiser Hd 800,700,650,600

 

it was powered by a headphone amp.

 

Before I put them on I thought now I will hear a new revelation in sound, and I was so disappointed as I felt when listening to a song by depeche mode black celebration I heard no bass, and I felt my cheaper audio technica m50 gave me a much better sound than all those HDs, I found lack of bass, and irritating highs and treble as if it was hurting my ears. So no thanks I will not pay over 1000 USD for such headphones, 

 

Now I am asking here what will I experience with the LCD2, unfortunately there are no stores to audition the lcd so I have to keep asking people who own them.

 

The reason I chose that song by depeche mode, is because its the type of music i listen to, and its ripped in wav file so no compression at all. Now I will not take a brilliantly recorded song to try the lcd2 as I want to see how it can handle this song specifically as I want to experience this song in its best way. Can someone here listen to that song specifically and tell me their experience, is it an awesome one or not.

 

So please don't critique me for being new here and asking such a question.

 

Do you think I will benefit from the audeze lcd2 or shall I stay in the cheaper headphone territory because the lcd2 will not make wonders for me that I look for.

 

Also if buying the lcd2 which portable amp can drive it, i hope it will be a cheap one as I play my songs using the fiio x3 so I know i need an amp for the lcd2 if I buy it but it has to be portable


Edited by hykhleif - 2/10/14 at 11:14am
post #2465 of 5117
Get some hifiman he 400's (400i when released) or mad dogs and you'll save some money !
If you want to improve a little more the sound in details retrieval and instruments separation then lcd2's but it gets way more expensive

For Depeche mode I would give the mad dogs a try
post #2466 of 5117

I would definitely only get the LCDs if you can test them beforehand. 

 

Actually brings up an interesting point: Did anyone here buy them without listening first?

 

If so, did you find the general consensus opinions to be correct?

post #2467 of 5117
I did,
it's hard around here to find a shop selling the audeze

I choose the lcd2's after reading headfi's members opinions and tests on how lcd2's sound and the general consensus was indeed on average correct
The only thing I've noticed is the fact that you have to accept paying 300 % more for 30 % improvement (at least with over 400 $ cans)

I really enjoy listening to my lcd2's
Edited by TontonJoK - 2/10/14 at 1:03pm
post #2468 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TontonJoK View Post
it's hard around here to find a shop selling the audeze

It's hard to find anywhere in the world a shop selling audezes... meme a Paris c'est difficile mon frere...


Edited by squallkiercosa - 2/10/14 at 1:21pm
post #2469 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TontonJoK View Post

Get some hifiman he 400's (400i when released) or mad dogs and you'll save some money !
If you want to improve a little more the sound in details retrieval and instruments separation then lcd2's but it gets way more expensive

For Depeche mode I would give the mad dogs a try

when is he400i going to be released, and so you think He400 will be a good choice, does it have deep bass and portable amp can I use, I bought the ifi ican nano will it be enough for the HE400

 

as for mad dogs does have a more bass sound than alpha dogs 

post #2470 of 5117

Sorry but i really don't think the he 400's sound signature is any where closer to the lcds

maybe the 400i will change things but lcd does sound 30-40% better to me than he 400, he 500 would be a lot closer

post #2471 of 5117

i heard the LCD2 in a "showroom" and didnt like it for more than a year from that impression...

after reading all these postings, i decided to take a risk n bought one from the resale mkt,

the LCD2 is now one of my top favorites, everytime i put it on i am all smiles.

Maybe my home setup just complimented this can in a certain way.

 

Often times we comment about cans as if it is the only component in the soundchain,

and tried to pit one can against another, i just treat such postings as perculiar to that listener..

hd800 has been tossed betw both like/dislike ends for a long time, i owned it twice,

might snag it again..lolz.

post #2472 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

I could save a lot of money grabbing some Senn HD650.......or just snag a PS500, already have a MAD Ear for those......decisions, decisions.

 

I was really hoping I might enjoy the LCD....but not so sure now.

 

Thanks for your help.


Given the headphones you already have I'd sure give a PS500 a listen if I were you. Similar (a bit) to a HD650 but still with a bit of that Grado magic.

post #2473 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 


Given the headphones you already have I'd sure give a PS500 a listen if I were you. Similar (a bit) to a HD650 but still with a bit of that Grado magic.


agree

post #2474 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

I would definitely only get the LCDs if you can test them beforehand. 

 

Actually brings up an interesting point: Did anyone here buy them without listening first?

 

If so, did you find the general consensus opinions to be correct?


I just (this week) found a local store that has some available for audition. I need to make it down there soon for a good listen. I heard some before but it was at a meet on somebody else' s equipment and their music. I'd like to listen to my own music in a quiet evironment where I can really hear them.

post #2475 of 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post

when is he400i going to be released, and so you think He400 will be a good choice, does it have deep bass and portable amp can I use, I bought the ifi ican nano will it be enough for the HE400

as for mad dogs does have a more bass sound than alpha dogs 

Yes He 400's have deep bass for opened cans, less than ultrasone pro 900's or m50's, but orthodynamic bass biggrin.gif
People on head fi are satisfied on matching with portable amp like fiio's E17 or O2 jds lab.
Mad dogs 3.2 have deep bass, never heard alpha dogs

Sorry I don't know how ican nano handles the hifiman either
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread