- 7,163 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Oz
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 157post #2341 of 105711/27/14 at 2:25pmIf you like craptastic and non existant highs and muted treble then yeah why not.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2342 of 105711/27/14 at 2:54pmpost #2343 of 105711/27/14 at 3:21pmQuote:
Does that mean my WA3 would be better than the Vali to drive the LCD-2?post #2344 of 105711/27/14 at 3:47pmpost #2345 of 105711/27/14 at 3:58pmQuote:
Whole lot of differences in sound but not that much if you compare it side by side, there's some schematics floating around that I've seen which I will not link here (if they are still around). From a particular perspective the WA6-SE is not much different to the 336SE and the Chazz 2, slap a choke in and you got yourself something similar to drive low z and high z headphones but that noisy background will still be there, would love to see some measurements on the O-scope for that amp. I haven't seen schematics for the WA5/LE though have heard it and I can tell you it is not worth $3.5k. Build quality is nice though.
Edited by DefQon - 1/27/14 at 3:59pmpost #2346 of 105711/27/14 at 7:23pm
LCD-2 work with tube amps given you use an impedance adapter which is just resistors built into a plug body or you could do in-line ones with a cable.post #2347 of 105711/28/14 at 12:18amQuote:
Having never tried the WA3, I can't really tell you. I wouldn't worry too much about amping until you actually get the LCD-2, try it out with your current equipment first and if you aren't satisfied get something later.post #2348 of 105711/28/14 at 1:28amQuote:
Best advice yet.post #2349 of 105711/28/14 at 6:21am
I am new to angled pads and wanted to know if the LCD-2s were intended to sit on the head at a specific position. The way they look suggests that Audeze wanted to maximize the pressure at the front in order to increase the angle. I normally orient my headphones so that my ears sit in the middle but I'm noticing that I can slide them forwards and backwards quite a bit. If I have the front of my ears touch the front the vocals seem to come from within my head, and if I wear them all the way back I get the opposite effect. I drew a sketch of what I'm trying to say.
The black oval is a head and the brown circles are the LCD-2s . The clusters represent the amount of music located within the spatial region. It's exaggerated a bit to make it easier to visualize. Do speakers project sound that appears to be coming from behind? I feel that having the headphones centered are more comfortable;however, I really like how they sound when i push them forward..post #2350 of 105711/28/14 at 8:08ampost #2351 of 105711/28/14 at 9:14ampost #2352 of 105711/28/14 at 11:32amQuote:
The wa6-se and lcd-2 combo is very good. I would never consider it mutedpost #2353 of 105711/28/14 at 4:12pmQuote:
You're entitled to your opinion and that is fine but there are many sources and reviewer's here that I would trust with there opinion that would disagree to that otherwise.post #2354 of 105711/28/14 at 5:16pm
Just listening to my LCD2s this morning...still as awed today as I was all those years ago, nothing I haven't already said.
But then again I haven't plugged in headphones for several years, so its new toy syndrome all over again!!!post #2355 of 105711/28/14 at 6:16pmQuote:
What happened? Did you go to the speaker-land?
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 1 minute ago
- › Auralic Taurus Balanced Amp 4 pins xlr 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear