- 7,163 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Oz
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 157post #2341 of 109631/27/14 at 2:25pmIf you like craptastic and non existant highs and muted treble then yeah why not.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2342 of 109631/27/14 at 2:54pmpost #2343 of 109631/27/14 at 3:21pmQuote:
Does that mean my WA3 would be better than the Vali to drive the LCD-2?post #2344 of 109631/27/14 at 3:47pmpost #2345 of 109631/27/14 at 3:58pmQuote:
Whole lot of differences in sound but not that much if you compare it side by side, there's some schematics floating around that I've seen which I will not link here (if they are still around). From a particular perspective the WA6-SE is not much different to the 336SE and the Chazz 2, slap a choke in and you got yourself something similar to drive low z and high z headphones but that noisy background will still be there, would love to see some measurements on the O-scope for that amp. I haven't seen schematics for the WA5/LE though have heard it and I can tell you it is not worth $3.5k. Build quality is nice though.
Edited by DefQon - 1/27/14 at 3:59pmpost #2346 of 109631/27/14 at 7:23pm
LCD-2 work with tube amps given you use an impedance adapter which is just resistors built into a plug body or you could do in-line ones with a cable.post #2347 of 109631/28/14 at 12:18amQuote:
Having never tried the WA3, I can't really tell you. I wouldn't worry too much about amping until you actually get the LCD-2, try it out with your current equipment first and if you aren't satisfied get something later.post #2348 of 109631/28/14 at 1:28amQuote:
Best advice yet.post #2349 of 109631/28/14 at 6:21am
I am new to angled pads and wanted to know if the LCD-2s were intended to sit on the head at a specific position. The way they look suggests that Audeze wanted to maximize the pressure at the front in order to increase the angle. I normally orient my headphones so that my ears sit in the middle but I'm noticing that I can slide them forwards and backwards quite a bit. If I have the front of my ears touch the front the vocals seem to come from within my head, and if I wear them all the way back I get the opposite effect. I drew a sketch of what I'm trying to say.
The black oval is a head and the brown circles are the LCD-2s . The clusters represent the amount of music located within the spatial region. It's exaggerated a bit to make it easier to visualize. Do speakers project sound that appears to be coming from behind? I feel that having the headphones centered are more comfortable;however, I really like how they sound when i push them forward..post #2350 of 109631/28/14 at 8:08ampost #2351 of 109631/28/14 at 9:14ampost #2352 of 109631/28/14 at 11:32amQuote:
The wa6-se and lcd-2 combo is very good. I would never consider it mutedpost #2353 of 109631/28/14 at 4:12pmQuote:
You're entitled to your opinion and that is fine but there are many sources and reviewer's here that I would trust with there opinion that would disagree to that otherwise.post #2354 of 109631/28/14 at 5:16pm
Just listening to my LCD2s this morning...still as awed today as I was all those years ago, nothing I haven't already said.
But then again I haven't plugged in headphones for several years, so its new toy syndrome all over again!!!post #2355 of 109631/28/14 at 6:16pmQuote:
What happened? Did you go to the speaker-land?
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear