- 7,163 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Oz
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 157post #2341 of 96771/27/14 at 2:25pmIf you like craptastic and non existant highs and muted treble then yeah why not.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2342 of 96771/27/14 at 2:54pmpost #2343 of 96771/27/14 at 3:21pmQuote:
Does that mean my WA3 would be better than the Vali to drive the LCD-2?post #2344 of 96771/27/14 at 3:47pmpost #2345 of 96771/27/14 at 3:58pmQuote:
Whole lot of differences in sound but not that much if you compare it side by side, there's some schematics floating around that I've seen which I will not link here (if they are still around). From a particular perspective the WA6-SE is not much different to the 336SE and the Chazz 2, slap a choke in and you got yourself something similar to drive low z and high z headphones but that noisy background will still be there, would love to see some measurements on the O-scope for that amp. I haven't seen schematics for the WA5/LE though have heard it and I can tell you it is not worth $3.5k. Build quality is nice though.
Edited by DefQon - 1/27/14 at 3:59pmpost #2346 of 96771/27/14 at 7:23pm
LCD-2 work with tube amps given you use an impedance adapter which is just resistors built into a plug body or you could do in-line ones with a cable.post #2347 of 96771/28/14 at 12:18amQuote:
Having never tried the WA3, I can't really tell you. I wouldn't worry too much about amping until you actually get the LCD-2, try it out with your current equipment first and if you aren't satisfied get something later.post #2348 of 96771/28/14 at 1:28amQuote:
Best advice yet.post #2349 of 96771/28/14 at 6:21am
I am new to angled pads and wanted to know if the LCD-2s were intended to sit on the head at a specific position. The way they look suggests that Audeze wanted to maximize the pressure at the front in order to increase the angle. I normally orient my headphones so that my ears sit in the middle but I'm noticing that I can slide them forwards and backwards quite a bit. If I have the front of my ears touch the front the vocals seem to come from within my head, and if I wear them all the way back I get the opposite effect. I drew a sketch of what I'm trying to say.
The black oval is a head and the brown circles are the LCD-2s . The clusters represent the amount of music located within the spatial region. It's exaggerated a bit to make it easier to visualize. Do speakers project sound that appears to be coming from behind? I feel that having the headphones centered are more comfortable;however, I really like how they sound when i push them forward..post #2350 of 96771/28/14 at 8:08ampost #2351 of 96771/28/14 at 9:14ampost #2352 of 96771/28/14 at 11:32amQuote:
The wa6-se and lcd-2 combo is very good. I would never consider it mutedpost #2353 of 96771/28/14 at 4:12pmQuote:
You're entitled to your opinion and that is fine but there are many sources and reviewer's here that I would trust with there opinion that would disagree to that otherwise.post #2354 of 96771/28/14 at 5:16pm
Just listening to my LCD2s this morning...still as awed today as I was all those years ago, nothing I haven't already said.
But then again I haven't plugged in headphones for several years, so its new toy syndrome all over again!!!post #2355 of 96771/28/14 at 6:16pmQuote:
What happened? Did you go to the speaker-land?
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 48 seconds ago
- › CanJam London 2017 (July 15-16, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Etymotic ER4-XR & ER4-SR Head-Fi Reviewers Wanted. 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear