or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 16

post #226 of 9833

I don't want to interrupt your training but what is the used price for these.I want one.

post #227 of 9833
Quote:
Originally Posted by volume View Post

I don't want to interrupt your training but what is the used price for these.I want one.

 

Currently...the used price = new price as they are in such short supply.
 

post #228 of 9833

Hey Tigz, since when did you become MOT?


Edited by SP Wild - 10/6/10 at 8:14pm
post #229 of 9833

I think I'm gonna start signing my posts.

 

 

The secret handshake.  

post #230 of 9833

I believe since he decided to start his own aftermarket headphone cable business, now provided my patience pays off I will soon have one of his cables.  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post

Hey Tigz, since when did you become MOT?

post #231 of 9833

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisb0b View Post

I believe since he decided to start his own aftermarket headphone cable business, now provided my patience pays off I will soon have one of his cables.  


Here's his website 

post #232 of 9833

So you're in on teh secret as well?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

 


Here's his website 

post #233 of 9833

No secret, just helping to spread the word 


Edited by grokit - 10/7/10 at 12:28am
post #234 of 9833

I was just listening to Slayer - Darkness of Christ from their God hates us all album a short 1.5 minute song and yet it so clearly demonstrated the differences between the LCD-2's and Pro900's. On the Pro900's the song just sounded flat yet on the LCD-2's it had a surprisingly amount of depth as the music is moving forwards to backwards.  

post #235 of 9833

Wow need to listen to that. I get the total opposite just about always smily_headphones1.gif

post #236 of 9833
Thread Starter 

I finally found a nice vintage (very cheap now, not so cheap back then) DAC to connect to my laptop, and I'm enjoying my digital music collection like it's brand new through the LCD-2.

 

It's no surprise that the sound is immensly better through a stand-alone DAC than through the mac book pro line out... but still, what's now appearing is a breathtaking sense of air and decay around notes. Bass is still deep, but also the XCANv3 tube hybrid amp still rolls it off slightly. Through my vintage Rotel power amplifier lower bass slams harder / louder.

 

Still after having it for some months, there is one single thing that strikes me when I put them on, despite subtle variations that can be had by varying amp and source:  The music sounds so natural and enjoyable.

post #237 of 9833

Do tell what DAC you are referring to. I am using something like you describe on one of my rigs, a Bel Canto DAC2 that was purchased for a fraction of it's original price and the sound is stunning.

post #238 of 9833

I could not resist anymore, so i went to a shop and bought an adapter to plug the headphones into my motherboard output.

I won´t post my comments on the headphone, as the quality of the source and amp (actually there is no amp ahah) is really too low. If it was a 100$ soundcard i would have espressed my opinions, but not with an integrated soundcard.

The only thing that i can say, is that my opinion right now is VERY positive (also considering that i can guess somehow how they´ll improve) AND i don´t find them overly dark, even with EQ off.

post #239 of 9833
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent View Post

I finally found a nice vintage (very cheap now, not so cheap back then) DAC to connect to my laptop, and I'm enjoying my digital music collection like it's brand new through the LCD-2.

 

It's no surprise that the sound is immensly better through a stand-alone DAC than through the mac book pro line out... but still, what's now appearing is a breathtaking sense of air and decay around notes. Bass is still deep, but also the XCANv3 tube hybrid amp still rolls it off slightly. Through my vintage Rotel power amplifier lower bass slams harder / louder.

 

Still after having it for some months, there is one single thing that strikes me when I put them on, despite subtle variations that can be had by varying amp and source:  The music sounds so natural and enjoyable.



Is your XcanV3 standard or modded?  I am weighing up between selling my xcan/psu combo...or modifying it with the Pink Floyd kit.  Any help in this regard?

post #240 of 9833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cya|\| View Post

I could not resist anymore, so i went to a shop and bought an adapter to plug the headphones into my motherboard output.

I won´t post my comments on the headphone, as the quality of the source and amp (actually there is no amp ahah) is really too low. If it was a 100$ soundcard i would have espressed my opinions, but not with an integrated soundcard.

The only thing that i can say, is that my opinion right now is VERY positive (also considering that i can guess somehow how they´ll improve) AND i don´t find them overly dark, even with EQ off.



Ops, i posted in the wrong thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread