Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 119post #1771 of 39399/17/13 at 4:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1772 of 39399/17/13 at 10:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
The HD800 out of the WA7 is really nice. Not an end game but I really like it. Great bass and treble extension with no real peaks. Would like some more midrange lushness. Would love to hear the WA-2 some day. Looking at getting the LCD-2 myself to compliment the WA7/HD800 setup.
I gather that you're pretty happy with your LCD-2 and the WA7.
I'm very happy with the pairing of WA7 and LCD2. Organic, warm and inviting, very much like that pairing for Jazz and Blues. Smooth, relaxing and not fatiguing sound. Definitely not overly lush or smeared, its very clear and nicely detailed. Nice bass, but I feel the Soloist extends a bit further down and in the treble.
I currently run the Soloist with the LCD2 though, WA7 sits in my bedside rig with the Fostex TH600.post #1773 of 39399/19/13 at 6:45pmpost #1774 of 39399/19/13 at 10:59pmQuote:
You mean the sound of them gave you the headaches or the comfort/weight of the headphones?post #1775 of 39399/20/13 at 12:08amQuote:
A Senn HD650 with like a slightly brighter dac/amp should balance it out towards sounding closer to an LCD-2post #1776 of 39399/21/13 at 1:28amQuote:
The weight of the headphones. I just found them way too uncomfortable.post #1777 of 39399/21/13 at 3:53ampost #1778 of 39399/21/13 at 5:07amQuote:
Turn the volume up :-)post #1779 of 39399/21/13 at 5:13ampost #1780 of 39399/21/13 at 5:34ampost #1781 of 39399/21/13 at 5:44amI remember some guy here listening to he500 on x20 gain and claiming that it's not loud enough. Other time some guy said he sold his hd800 because they were open and he was waking up people next room even when doors were closed.
My setup is hd600 (300ohm headphones), odac (set to 50% volume) and o2 amp with gain x1 and I can't listen to it above 1pm where as I usually listen at 9-10am.
I really don't understand how people can listen to music at such extreme volume.post #1782 of 39399/21/13 at 6:12am
I was using medium gain and rarely going above 12 o'clock. I couldn't stand the volume you listen at :-)
You could try a SPDIF converter or buy a new amp or buy some new headphones. Personally, I found the Conductor to more than deliver in the areas you think it lacks. I don't listen to much EDM though.post #1783 of 39399/21/13 at 6:29amQuote:
Those people must be partly deaf already.post #1784 of 39399/21/13 at 6:33am
Yeah maybe I was exaggerating a little haha.
The LCD-2s are really easy to listen really loud with. Its no insane punch that give you headache or vibrating.
I mostly listen at 12 o'clock, then around 2 o'clock when I feel like getting a in a more energetic mood.
I dont know... Ive been to many concerts thats lasted 2-3 hours with so high volume that I had ringing in the ears for many hours after.
But I still got good score in hearing tests! :D
Yup, ive put my conductor for sale and trying to get a Schiit Mjolnir which was what I routed for at first.
Edited by FredrikT92 - 9/21/13 at 6:38ampost #1785 of 39399/24/13 at 1:29pm
I've found that EQing the mids down a little bit (just 1 or 2 db) really brings the bass out at lower volumes. I moved to LCD-2 from Denons though, so I am used to a U shaped sound sig.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney Fi-Fest! 56 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 56 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Selling wa2 tube amp black. 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › The Free Music Thread! (100% legal downloads of all formats.) 6 minutes ago
- › Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression... 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)