Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 119post #1771 of 47789/17/13 at 4:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1772 of 47789/17/13 at 10:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
The HD800 out of the WA7 is really nice. Not an end game but I really like it. Great bass and treble extension with no real peaks. Would like some more midrange lushness. Would love to hear the WA-2 some day. Looking at getting the LCD-2 myself to compliment the WA7/HD800 setup.
I gather that you're pretty happy with your LCD-2 and the WA7.
I'm very happy with the pairing of WA7 and LCD2. Organic, warm and inviting, very much like that pairing for Jazz and Blues. Smooth, relaxing and not fatiguing sound. Definitely not overly lush or smeared, its very clear and nicely detailed. Nice bass, but I feel the Soloist extends a bit further down and in the treble.
I currently run the Soloist with the LCD2 though, WA7 sits in my bedside rig with the Fostex TH600.post #1773 of 47789/19/13 at 6:45pmpost #1774 of 47789/19/13 at 10:59pmQuote:
You mean the sound of them gave you the headaches or the comfort/weight of the headphones?post #1775 of 47789/20/13 at 12:08amQuote:
A Senn HD650 with like a slightly brighter dac/amp should balance it out towards sounding closer to an LCD-2post #1776 of 47789/21/13 at 1:28amQuote:
The weight of the headphones. I just found them way too uncomfortable.post #1777 of 47789/21/13 at 3:53ampost #1778 of 47789/21/13 at 5:07amQuote:
Turn the volume up :-)post #1779 of 47789/21/13 at 5:13ampost #1780 of 47789/21/13 at 5:34ampost #1781 of 47789/21/13 at 5:44amI remember some guy here listening to he500 on x20 gain and claiming that it's not loud enough. Other time some guy said he sold his hd800 because they were open and he was waking up people next room even when doors were closed.
My setup is hd600 (300ohm headphones), odac (set to 50% volume) and o2 amp with gain x1 and I can't listen to it above 1pm where as I usually listen at 9-10am.
I really don't understand how people can listen to music at such extreme volume.post #1782 of 47789/21/13 at 6:12am
I was using medium gain and rarely going above 12 o'clock. I couldn't stand the volume you listen at :-)
You could try a SPDIF converter or buy a new amp or buy some new headphones. Personally, I found the Conductor to more than deliver in the areas you think it lacks. I don't listen to much EDM though.post #1783 of 47789/21/13 at 6:29amQuote:
Those people must be partly deaf already.post #1784 of 47789/21/13 at 6:33am
Yeah maybe I was exaggerating a little haha.
The LCD-2s are really easy to listen really loud with. Its no insane punch that give you headache or vibrating.
I mostly listen at 12 o'clock, then around 2 o'clock when I feel like getting a in a more energetic mood.
I dont know... Ive been to many concerts thats lasted 2-3 hours with so high volume that I had ringing in the ears for many hours after.
But I still got good score in hearing tests! :D
Yup, ive put my conductor for sale and trying to get a Schiit Mjolnir which was what I routed for at first.
Edited by FredrikT92 - 9/21/13 at 6:38ampost #1785 of 47789/24/13 at 1:29pm
I've found that EQing the mids down a little bit (just 1 or 2 db) really brings the bass out at lower volumes. I moved to LCD-2 from Denons though, so I am used to a U shaped sound sig.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II just now
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 56 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 5 minutes ago
- › Blackberry Z10 + Neutron Music Player = excellent Sound Quality... 6 minutes ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › New Philips Fidelio Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › [Not-So-Poor Man Reviews] Final Audio Design's Lab I (1500 Dollar... 9 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)