Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 119post #1771 of 63889/17/13 at 4:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1772 of 63889/17/13 at 10:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
The HD800 out of the WA7 is really nice. Not an end game but I really like it. Great bass and treble extension with no real peaks. Would like some more midrange lushness. Would love to hear the WA-2 some day. Looking at getting the LCD-2 myself to compliment the WA7/HD800 setup.
I gather that you're pretty happy with your LCD-2 and the WA7.
I'm very happy with the pairing of WA7 and LCD2. Organic, warm and inviting, very much like that pairing for Jazz and Blues. Smooth, relaxing and not fatiguing sound. Definitely not overly lush or smeared, its very clear and nicely detailed. Nice bass, but I feel the Soloist extends a bit further down and in the treble.
I currently run the Soloist with the LCD2 though, WA7 sits in my bedside rig with the Fostex TH600.post #1773 of 63889/19/13 at 6:45pmpost #1774 of 63889/19/13 at 10:59pmQuote:
You mean the sound of them gave you the headaches or the comfort/weight of the headphones?post #1775 of 63889/20/13 at 12:08amQuote:
A Senn HD650 with like a slightly brighter dac/amp should balance it out towards sounding closer to an LCD-2post #1776 of 63889/21/13 at 1:28amQuote:
The weight of the headphones. I just found them way too uncomfortable.post #1777 of 63889/21/13 at 3:53ampost #1778 of 63889/21/13 at 5:07amQuote:
Turn the volume up :-)post #1779 of 63889/21/13 at 5:13ampost #1780 of 63889/21/13 at 5:34ampost #1781 of 63889/21/13 at 5:44amI remember some guy here listening to he500 on x20 gain and claiming that it's not loud enough. Other time some guy said he sold his hd800 because they were open and he was waking up people next room even when doors were closed.
My setup is hd600 (300ohm headphones), odac (set to 50% volume) and o2 amp with gain x1 and I can't listen to it above 1pm where as I usually listen at 9-10am.
I really don't understand how people can listen to music at such extreme volume.post #1782 of 63889/21/13 at 6:12am
I was using medium gain and rarely going above 12 o'clock. I couldn't stand the volume you listen at :-)
You could try a SPDIF converter or buy a new amp or buy some new headphones. Personally, I found the Conductor to more than deliver in the areas you think it lacks. I don't listen to much EDM though.post #1783 of 63889/21/13 at 6:29ampost #1784 of 63889/21/13 at 6:33am
Yeah maybe I was exaggerating a little haha.
The LCD-2s are really easy to listen really loud with. Its no insane punch that give you headache or vibrating.
I mostly listen at 12 o'clock, then around 2 o'clock when I feel like getting a in a more energetic mood.
I dont know... Ive been to many concerts thats lasted 2-3 hours with so high volume that I had ringing in the ears for many hours after.
But I still got good score in hearing tests! :D
Yup, ive put my conductor for sale and trying to get a Schiit Mjolnir which was what I routed for at first.
Edited by FredrikT92 - 9/21/13 at 6:38ampost #1785 of 63889/24/13 at 1:29pm
I've found that EQing the mids down a little bit (just 1 or 2 db) really brings the bass out at lower volumes. I moved to LCD-2 from Denons though, so I am used to a U shaped sound sig.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Microphone or Headset? Need help! 17 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 33 seconds ago
- › Can't seem to wrap my head around impedance - Is 40 ohm good if I'm... 35 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › How to make a comprehensive head-fi review? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C10 new device - unboxing now 4 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3