Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 119post #1771 of 42359/17/13 at 4:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1772 of 42359/17/13 at 10:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
The HD800 out of the WA7 is really nice. Not an end game but I really like it. Great bass and treble extension with no real peaks. Would like some more midrange lushness. Would love to hear the WA-2 some day. Looking at getting the LCD-2 myself to compliment the WA7/HD800 setup.
I gather that you're pretty happy with your LCD-2 and the WA7.
I'm very happy with the pairing of WA7 and LCD2. Organic, warm and inviting, very much like that pairing for Jazz and Blues. Smooth, relaxing and not fatiguing sound. Definitely not overly lush or smeared, its very clear and nicely detailed. Nice bass, but I feel the Soloist extends a bit further down and in the treble.
I currently run the Soloist with the LCD2 though, WA7 sits in my bedside rig with the Fostex TH600.post #1773 of 42359/19/13 at 6:45pmpost #1774 of 42359/19/13 at 10:59pmQuote:
You mean the sound of them gave you the headaches or the comfort/weight of the headphones?post #1775 of 42359/20/13 at 12:08amQuote:
A Senn HD650 with like a slightly brighter dac/amp should balance it out towards sounding closer to an LCD-2post #1776 of 42359/21/13 at 1:28amQuote:
The weight of the headphones. I just found them way too uncomfortable.post #1777 of 42359/21/13 at 3:53ampost #1778 of 42359/21/13 at 5:07amQuote:
Turn the volume up :-)post #1779 of 42359/21/13 at 5:13ampost #1780 of 42359/21/13 at 5:34ampost #1781 of 42359/21/13 at 5:44amI remember some guy here listening to he500 on x20 gain and claiming that it's not loud enough. Other time some guy said he sold his hd800 because they were open and he was waking up people next room even when doors were closed.
My setup is hd600 (300ohm headphones), odac (set to 50% volume) and o2 amp with gain x1 and I can't listen to it above 1pm where as I usually listen at 9-10am.
I really don't understand how people can listen to music at such extreme volume.post #1782 of 42359/21/13 at 6:12am
I was using medium gain and rarely going above 12 o'clock. I couldn't stand the volume you listen at :-)
You could try a SPDIF converter or buy a new amp or buy some new headphones. Personally, I found the Conductor to more than deliver in the areas you think it lacks. I don't listen to much EDM though.post #1783 of 42359/21/13 at 6:29amQuote:
Those people must be partly deaf already.post #1784 of 42359/21/13 at 6:33am
Yeah maybe I was exaggerating a little haha.
The LCD-2s are really easy to listen really loud with. Its no insane punch that give you headache or vibrating.
I mostly listen at 12 o'clock, then around 2 o'clock when I feel like getting a in a more energetic mood.
I dont know... Ive been to many concerts thats lasted 2-3 hours with so high volume that I had ringing in the ears for many hours after.
But I still got good score in hearing tests! :D
Yup, ive put my conductor for sale and trying to get a Schiit Mjolnir which was what I routed for at first.
Edited by FredrikT92 - 9/21/13 at 6:38ampost #1785 of 42359/24/13 at 1:29pm
I've found that EQing the mids down a little bit (just 1 or 2 db) really brings the bass out at lower volumes. I moved to LCD-2 from Denons though, so I am used to a U shaped sound sig.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FS: FitEar TG!334 in excellent condition - BEST PRICE! 11 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › New Headphones for ~500 30 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 1 minute ago
- › DSP tube amplifier? 1 minute ago
- › Ipod Classic 160GB 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)