Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 119post #1771 of 63889/17/13 at 4:46pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1772 of 63889/17/13 at 10:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
The HD800 out of the WA7 is really nice. Not an end game but I really like it. Great bass and treble extension with no real peaks. Would like some more midrange lushness. Would love to hear the WA-2 some day. Looking at getting the LCD-2 myself to compliment the WA7/HD800 setup.
I gather that you're pretty happy with your LCD-2 and the WA7.
I'm very happy with the pairing of WA7 and LCD2. Organic, warm and inviting, very much like that pairing for Jazz and Blues. Smooth, relaxing and not fatiguing sound. Definitely not overly lush or smeared, its very clear and nicely detailed. Nice bass, but I feel the Soloist extends a bit further down and in the treble.
I currently run the Soloist with the LCD2 though, WA7 sits in my bedside rig with the Fostex TH600.post #1773 of 63889/19/13 at 6:45pmpost #1774 of 63889/19/13 at 10:59pmQuote:
You mean the sound of them gave you the headaches or the comfort/weight of the headphones?post #1775 of 63889/20/13 at 12:08amQuote:
A Senn HD650 with like a slightly brighter dac/amp should balance it out towards sounding closer to an LCD-2post #1776 of 63889/21/13 at 1:28amQuote:
The weight of the headphones. I just found them way too uncomfortable.post #1777 of 63889/21/13 at 3:53ampost #1778 of 63889/21/13 at 5:07amQuote:
Turn the volume up :-)post #1779 of 63889/21/13 at 5:13ampost #1780 of 63889/21/13 at 5:34ampost #1781 of 63889/21/13 at 5:44amI remember some guy here listening to he500 on x20 gain and claiming that it's not loud enough. Other time some guy said he sold his hd800 because they were open and he was waking up people next room even when doors were closed.
My setup is hd600 (300ohm headphones), odac (set to 50% volume) and o2 amp with gain x1 and I can't listen to it above 1pm where as I usually listen at 9-10am.
I really don't understand how people can listen to music at such extreme volume.post #1782 of 63889/21/13 at 6:12am
I was using medium gain and rarely going above 12 o'clock. I couldn't stand the volume you listen at :-)
You could try a SPDIF converter or buy a new amp or buy some new headphones. Personally, I found the Conductor to more than deliver in the areas you think it lacks. I don't listen to much EDM though.post #1783 of 63889/21/13 at 6:29ampost #1784 of 63889/21/13 at 6:33am
Yeah maybe I was exaggerating a little haha.
The LCD-2s are really easy to listen really loud with. Its no insane punch that give you headache or vibrating.
I mostly listen at 12 o'clock, then around 2 o'clock when I feel like getting a in a more energetic mood.
I dont know... Ive been to many concerts thats lasted 2-3 hours with so high volume that I had ringing in the ears for many hours after.
But I still got good score in hearing tests! :D
Yup, ive put my conductor for sale and trying to get a Schiit Mjolnir which was what I routed for at first.
Edited by FredrikT92 - 9/21/13 at 6:38ampost #1785 of 63889/24/13 at 1:29pm
I've found that EQing the mids down a little bit (just 1 or 2 db) really brings the bass out at lower volumes. I moved to LCD-2 from Denons though, so I am used to a U shaped sound sig.
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 31 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Looking for new earbuds! $80 - $125 1 minute ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 3 minutes ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 6 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3