- 734 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 1/11/12 at 4:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 113
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1682 of 35109/3/13 at 5:45am
I'm still interested in the LCD2 headphones, but I have read on the blogs that there are two new Audeze models about to be released. One will be a closed back headphone, a demo of which was presented at a recent show, and another model which will be priced between the LCD2 and 3 headphones. Does anyone have any more info about these models, particularly the closed back one (that design would be particularly helpful for my living situation)? Maybe someone has listened to the closed back model at a recent show?
Thanks!post #1683 of 35109/3/13 at 10:31ampost #1684 of 35109/3/13 at 11:01am
I've seen some info about the closed back prototype on a number of websites, people checking them out at recent shows. Only this one blog mentioned those and a headphone that would cost between the LCD2 and the LCD3s. Hadn't seen anything about that anywhere else. I've been trying to find it again, but no luck. I'll post a link if I find it, if for no other reason then to prove I was not hallucinating. I'm pretty sure in that same blog it mentioned release dates of October and November for the two phones.post #1685 of 35109/3/13 at 11:34am
I'd heard about the closed back version, but not anything else. I think a headphone from Audeze in the $500-$600 range would be a great move. As an LCD2 owner, I feel like the difference between the LCD2 and LCD3 isn't big enough to squeeze another model between them, but what do I know? Another interesting move would be the introduction of an LCD4 at the current LCD3 price point and dropping the cost of the LCD3 to $1500-$1600. I might be tempted to move up to an LCD4 with a bigger improvement over the LCD2.post #1686 of 35109/3/13 at 2:58pmpost #1687 of 35109/3/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
I guess they are waiting the right moment to make it officialpost #1688 of 35109/3/13 at 3:11pm
they're holding back till they hear the alpha dogs, they wanna make sure they completely destroy it
also maybe they will release it along with the LSD-4post #1689 of 35109/3/13 at 3:12pmpost #1690 of 35109/3/13 at 3:15pmpost #1691 of 35109/3/13 at 3:17pmpost #1692 of 35109/3/13 at 3:33pmpost #1693 of 35109/3/13 at 3:38pm
The only reason I sold my lcd2 was weight.
I have a bad neck and was getting significant pain and headaches from them.
I regret selling them based on sound but it is good to not have to hide in a dark room with pain killers every time I can't help myselfpost #1694 of 35109/3/13 at 3:42pmI'm lucky because I can wear them for hours on end without any pain or discomfort.
I get earache sometimes because I listen to them too loud. Of all the headphones I've owned, nothing demands volume like LCD-2.post #1695 of 35109/3/13 at 3:44pmQuote:
Though people nearby do not haha
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 1 second ago
- › HD800 being "picky" with amps myth 8 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 45 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › PM-1 vs HE-6 ..... 3 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)