I actually prefer the LCD-2/HE-500 from solid state because they're already lush to begin with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 112post #1666 of 107638/29/13 at 1:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1667 of 107638/29/13 at 3:42pmpost #1668 of 107638/29/13 at 4:24pmQuote:
I feel your pain.
Actually, I really do. I demoed a pair last week and fell in love with the sound, but the clamping force made me hesitant to make the leap to purchase a pair, although I'm still veering in that direction. You likely already know about attempting to gently stretch out that headband by setting the headphones over a thick stack of books overnight. Audeze recommended I do that, and it helped somewhat, but since they were a borrowed pair, I didn't push it. You can, though.....and may want to try that for several nights. I am also thinking of ordering a pair with the velour pads as the leather ear pads on the cans I had were VERY hard. Supposedly the velour are softer. And if that doesn't work, the ear pads for the LCD3 are supposed to be pretty soft, and Audeze will sell a pair of those to the owner of either headphone. I loved their sound signature well enough that I may just give these ideas a try, but I'd be interested to hear how it goes for you.post #1669 of 107638/29/13 at 4:31pmpost #1670 of 107638/29/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
It doesn't look quite that good in real life :)
Used a Nikon D5200, 35mm 1.8, and vivid color settings (really makes things like headphones pop).post #1671 of 107638/29/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
The bamboo looks surprisingly nice in person. I really like the way mine looks. I have to snap some pictures using my DSLR and upload them so people can see.post #1672 of 107638/29/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
You have the perfect budge DSLR and Lens. Nothig more you need. The vivid option indeed makes everything pop.post #1673 of 107639/2/13 at 9:51pm
Hi, new to the forum and pretty much new to spending too much $$$ on headphone gear! I just got a pair of LCD-2 in and they are really nice sounding. I tried several Sennheisers, but loved they way the LCD-2 sounded with my music. I was using a portable amp/dac, but have ordered a Burson Conductor amp/dac/pre combo and this should make it even more interesting. Richardpost #1674 of 107639/2/13 at 10:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by arkarkme
Hi, new to the forum and pretty much new to spending too much $$$ on headphone gear! I just got a pair of LCD-2 in and they are really nice sounding. I tried several Sennheisers, but loved they way the LCD-2 sounded with my music. I was using a portable amp/dac, but have ordered a Burson Conductor amp/dac/pre combo and this should make it even more interesting. Richard
Nice one Richard. I have the exact same setup, and love it immensely. I don't have much experience with high end audiophile gear, so to my ears, the Burson/ LCD-2 combo is the absolute best system I've ever heard, and it just keeps growing on me. At first, I was impressed, and kept selecting tracks that I thought would rock (and they did), but it truly started blowing my mind when I just put on an album and relaxed. Listening to the music, rather than the gear.
The way that it presents music is just amazing. It has really enabled me to appreciate and enjoy a wider variety of musical genres, as everything sounds open and warm, yet detailed and powerfully dynamic.
Oh, and that bass. I thought the Denon 2K bass was good, the LCD-2 is just so deep and precise, and full of texture.
I hope you like the combo as much as I do.post #1675 of 107639/3/13 at 12:04ampost #1676 of 107639/3/13 at 12:04ampost #1677 of 107639/3/13 at 3:53amQuote:LCD said they will not sell a pair of LCD3 pads to a LCD2 owner which I am.Originally Posted by SMG52
I shave my head, so couldn't have less hair than me.
But that being said, the headband was not such an issue. Just that clamping force around the side of the head, jaw, etc. Maybe I will try to connect with Audeze and see what kind of feedback they have gotten as to the suede vs. leather earpads with regard to comfort. And also if people have had a good experience with the LCD3 earpads. Maybe I could special order a pair of LCD2s with the 3s earpads......post #1678 of 107639/3/13 at 3:56amQuote:
You can actually buy the LCD3 pads off the Audeze website with no problems.post #1679 of 107639/3/13 at 3:59ampost #1680 of 107639/3/13 at 4:02amQuote:
That sucks, if you're buying through the Singapore authorized distributor for Audeze products they should allow LCD2 owners to buy LCD3 pads as that purchase policy was something of the past when the LCD3's first came out. You should maybe point them in the right direction and ask them what the heck?
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Bicycle-Fi! 32 seconds ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 43 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3ii 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear