I actually prefer the LCD-2/HE-500 from solid state because they're already lush to begin with.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 1/11/12 at 4:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
To be able to value my review I think it is important to mention some things about my preferences and experience with audio equipment and writing reviews. This is my first review for audio gear and...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 112post #1666 of 35018/29/13 at 1:04am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1667 of 35018/29/13 at 3:42pmpost #1668 of 35018/29/13 at 4:24pmQuote:
I feel your pain.
Actually, I really do. I demoed a pair last week and fell in love with the sound, but the clamping force made me hesitant to make the leap to purchase a pair, although I'm still veering in that direction. You likely already know about attempting to gently stretch out that headband by setting the headphones over a thick stack of books overnight. Audeze recommended I do that, and it helped somewhat, but since they were a borrowed pair, I didn't push it. You can, though.....and may want to try that for several nights. I am also thinking of ordering a pair with the velour pads as the leather ear pads on the cans I had were VERY hard. Supposedly the velour are softer. And if that doesn't work, the ear pads for the LCD3 are supposed to be pretty soft, and Audeze will sell a pair of those to the owner of either headphone. I loved their sound signature well enough that I may just give these ideas a try, but I'd be interested to hear how it goes for you.post #1669 of 35018/29/13 at 4:31pmpost #1670 of 35018/29/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
It doesn't look quite that good in real life :)
Used a Nikon D5200, 35mm 1.8, and vivid color settings (really makes things like headphones pop).post #1671 of 35018/29/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
The bamboo looks surprisingly nice in person. I really like the way mine looks. I have to snap some pictures using my DSLR and upload them so people can see.post #1672 of 35018/29/13 at 5:28pmQuote:
You have the perfect budge DSLR and Lens. Nothig more you need. The vivid option indeed makes everything pop.post #1673 of 35019/2/13 at 9:51pm
Hi, new to the forum and pretty much new to spending too much $$$ on headphone gear! I just got a pair of LCD-2 in and they are really nice sounding. I tried several Sennheisers, but loved they way the LCD-2 sounded with my music. I was using a portable amp/dac, but have ordered a Burson Conductor amp/dac/pre combo and this should make it even more interesting. Richardpost #1674 of 35019/2/13 at 10:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by arkarkme
Hi, new to the forum and pretty much new to spending too much $$$ on headphone gear! I just got a pair of LCD-2 in and they are really nice sounding. I tried several Sennheisers, but loved they way the LCD-2 sounded with my music. I was using a portable amp/dac, but have ordered a Burson Conductor amp/dac/pre combo and this should make it even more interesting. Richard
Nice one Richard. I have the exact same setup, and love it immensely. I don't have much experience with high end audiophile gear, so to my ears, the Burson/ LCD-2 combo is the absolute best system I've ever heard, and it just keeps growing on me. At first, I was impressed, and kept selecting tracks that I thought would rock (and they did), but it truly started blowing my mind when I just put on an album and relaxed. Listening to the music, rather than the gear.
The way that it presents music is just amazing. It has really enabled me to appreciate and enjoy a wider variety of musical genres, as everything sounds open and warm, yet detailed and powerfully dynamic.
Oh, and that bass. I thought the Denon 2K bass was good, the LCD-2 is just so deep and precise, and full of texture.
I hope you like the combo as much as I do.post #1675 of 35019/3/13 at 12:04ampost #1676 of 35019/3/13 at 12:04ampost #1677 of 35019/3/13 at 3:53amQuote:LCD said they will not sell a pair of LCD3 pads to a LCD2 owner which I am.Originally Posted by SMG52
I shave my head, so couldn't have less hair than me.
But that being said, the headband was not such an issue. Just that clamping force around the side of the head, jaw, etc. Maybe I will try to connect with Audeze and see what kind of feedback they have gotten as to the suede vs. leather earpads with regard to comfort. And also if people have had a good experience with the LCD3 earpads. Maybe I could special order a pair of LCD2s with the 3s earpads......post #1678 of 35019/3/13 at 3:56amQuote:
You can actually buy the LCD3 pads off the Audeze website with no problems.post #1679 of 35019/3/13 at 3:59ampost #1680 of 35019/3/13 at 4:02amQuote:
That sucks, if you're buying through the Singapore authorized distributor for Audeze products they should allow LCD2 owners to buy LCD3 pads as that purchase policy was something of the past when the LCD3's first came out. You should maybe point them in the right direction and ask them what the heck?
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › DAC/Amp for Hifiman HE-400? - E17/E09k, HUD-MX1, Modi/Magni 4 seconds ago
- › Design a custom IEM faceplate for the Head-Fi community 31 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Sell me you IEM for $250! 7 minutes ago
- › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey... 8 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 8 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by gopats1479
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)