or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 76

post #1126 of 9798

Finally I own a pair of these! Mine are first gen rev 2s with LCD-3 pads, burned in for over 1000h. The sound is fantastic, the comfort is great   and for the fourth time they managed to surprise me with their goliath size...

post #1127 of 9798
Wow-congrats on the new pair! Left channel died on me today, but I'm sure it's nothing Aude'ze's top notch customer service can't figure out.
post #1128 of 9798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

Wow-congrats on the new pair! Left channel died on me today, but I'm sure it's nothing Aude'ze's top notch customer service can't figure out.

Thanks!

Bummer, man. Hope it doesn't take them too long, I wouldn't want to be separated from this addictive sound for very long wink.gif
post #1129 of 9798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

Wow-congrats on the new pair! Left channel died on me today, but I'm sure it's nothing Aude'ze's top notch customer service can't figure out.

Still a bit alarming that LCD2s still have driver failures nowadays. How old is your pair, what rev?

post #1130 of 9798
After my first pair of rev 2s (January) cracked for no apparent reason, I was sent a replacement. The replacement came in February and has been working fine up until now. I guess I will just be stuck using Amperiors and my speakers for now...thankfully this shouldn't take long.
post #1131 of 9798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

After my first pair of rev 2s (January) cracked for no apparent reason, I was sent a replacement. The replacement came in February and has been working fine up until now. I guess I will just be stuck using Amperiors and my speakers for now...thankfully this shouldn't take long.

Eek yeah, I was hoping your pair was like 2 years old or something, but it being so new means very different things. Did you confirm the new pair's driver failure is 100% a driver failure, and not something wrong with the cable/upstream setup?

post #1132 of 9798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Eek yeah, I was hoping your pair was like 2 years old or something, but it being so new means very different things. Did you confirm the new pair's driver failure is 100% a driver failure, and not something wrong with the cable/upstream setup?

 

Relax man. You are backed by a 3 year International warranty. And by then, your lcd-2 would be either long gone or stashed in the corner long forgotten or replaced by the lcd-3/4/5 or a headphone of another brand! gs1000.gif

post #1133 of 9798
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

 

Relax man. You are backed by a 3 year International warranty. And by then, your lcd-2 would be either long gone or stashed in the corner long forgotten or replaced by the lcd-3/4/5 or a headphone of another brand! gs1000.gif

Personally I don't dig the "high turnover" consumerism attitude with anything that costs this much. If I spend $1k, the headphone better last a decade or more if I take good care of it.

post #1134 of 9798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Personally I don't dig the "high turnover" consumerism attitude with anything that costs this much. If I spend $1k, the headphone better last a decade or more if I take good care of it.

Well. I don't own them yet. (Still in a dilemma over a few headphones including the lcds) but it seems the audezes to have a problem or two, if you are really worried. It seems that the metal part that attaches to the wooden cup sometimes dislodged from the hole but it can be put in back. I'm not sure about the driver problem. But there is another wood cracking problem for those without the angled connectors. But that is a problem that Audez'e have already solved by introducing the angeled connectors version.
post #1135 of 9798
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post

LCD-2 UPDATE (if anyone still cares about my impressions):

Just read this and I agree whole heartily.

 

I had my very first LCD-2 R2 back in 2011 October (Right before the LCD-3 was announced)

I had my 2nd LCD-R2 in 2012 Summer (July?) and it sounded significantly improved over the first one I had. The material covering the diaphram had changed from a black velvet material to greyish foam. I thought they had put in LCD-3 drivers into a LCD-2 housing on accident too. LOL. But I counted the bar magnets and there was only six and not eight, so it was just an an  improvement a big one. I initially preferred the HE-500 by a strong margin but the newer R2 left them on very equal footing for me as well.

 

I think Audez'e made some changes without telling the public. On a related note I have a HE-500 that was purchased just a month ago with drivers fabricated in March of 2013 and it's the best sounding HE-500 I've had (4th now). I guess Fang wasn't sitting on his hands either. They keep improving their products or perhaps manufacturing is becoming more consistent? Not sure what it is but the newest versions keep sounding a little better (to me of course). Now I'm thinking about getting my hands on a 2013 LCD-2 to see how it performs against the HE-500. biggrin.gif

post #1136 of 9798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Eek yeah, I was hoping your pair was like 2 years old or something, but it being so new means very different things. Did you confirm the new pair's driver failure is 100% a driver failure, and not something wrong with the cable/upstream setup?
My DAC and amp are fine, as I tried them with a different set of headphones. I flipped the channels (L/R) and the cable seems to be working too. Only thing left is the headphone itself.
post #1137 of 9798

Just a shout out for excellent customer service by Audeze! I had a little problem with my LCD-2 that are about 6 weeks old. They were super responsive and took care of the issue right away. Cheers!

 

On another note, I've got a Audio-GD SA 31 en route to pair with DACmini/LCD-2. I'm hoping it's a good match. 

post #1138 of 9798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

My DAC and amp are fine, as I tried them with a different set of headphones. I flipped the channels (L/R) and the cable seems to be working too. Only thing left is the headphone itself.
Is it common for the drivers to fail on the LCD 2? And are there any known reliability issues? I'm considering getting one soon, and this might just prove to be a deal breaker.
post #1139 of 9798
What wen
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post

Just a shout out for excellent customer service by Audeze! I had a little problem with my LCD-2 that are about 6 weeks old. They were super responsive and took care of the issue right away. Cheers!

On another note, I've got a Audio-GD SA 31 en route to pair with DACmini/LCD-2. I'm hoping it's a good match. 

What went wrong with your pair?
post #1140 of 9798

Anyone here with LCD2 in the Brussels, Flanders area? Would be interested in a mini meet. The LCD works so well with my glacier amp. 

Would be fun to check it out again. I have er4s for your interest. dan 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread