or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 73

post #1081 of 9692

My LCD-2.1's left channel died, so I called Audeze up and got a RMA. They say I will be getting the newest drivers and rings (Maybe a entirely new pair). Either way I guess I'll get to hear what the difference between the 2.1 and 2.2s are.  By the way, you couldn't ask for more courteous customer service.  Fantastic to deal with.
 


Edited by Balmoral - 4/6/13 at 11:05pm
post #1082 of 9692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmoral View Post

My LCD-2.1's left channel died, so I called Audeze up and got a RMA. They say I will be getting the newest drivers and rings (Maybe a entirely new pair). Either way I guess I'll get to hear what the difference between the 2.1 and 2.2s are.  By the way, you couldn't ask for more courteous customer service.  Fantastic to deal with.
 

Some thinks the 2.2 is better, some, the 2.1

Others don't hear a swat difference.

 

I for one, thinks the 2.2 is better.

post #1083 of 9692

The 2.1 and 2.2 are incredibly different. It's a completely different driver...I've never heard someone say they couldn't hear a difference.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NE1 View Post

Some thinks the 2.2 is better, some, the 2.1

Others don't hear a swat difference.

 

I for one, thinks the 2.2 is better.

post #1084 of 9692

Went from Dr. Dre Beats to ---> Audeze LCD-2.  Amazing!!!

 

-J

post #1085 of 9692
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiiisociety View Post

Went from Dr. Dre Beats to ---> Audeze LCD-2.  Amazing!!!

-J

You don't say....
post #1086 of 9692
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

Very nice review HeadphoneAddict, It's glad to see you prefer the new revision LCD-2 and HE-6 over the others.
Would you say that the LCD-2 is your most forgiving headphones (easy to drive)?

Also i guess it's due to us using different amps, but i feel as if the LCD-2 is actually more forward than the HE-500, HE-500 being more forward than K702.

Tim

That's a fair assessment with the new version being less forward and more forgiving of what amp I use, but previous rev1 sounded a bit dark on most of my amps, and rev2 was not as dark but more forward. I was warned that the new ear pads would improve things further and I'd agree. I find little fault with them now.

I do feel that at times like I'm taking a load off my shoulders when I put on the He-500, which are not as heavy and bulky so I feel like I've moved from a muscle car to a German sports car.
post #1087 of 9692
Haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiiisociety View Post

Went from Dr. Dre Beats to ---> Audeze LCD-2.  Amazing!!!

-J
Hahahahaha! So that's sound quality! Of course from rag to audiophile grade music! Welcome to head-fi!!!
post #1088 of 9692

Has the LCD-2 v3 been confirmed?  Last I heard from Audeze it was only a v2.  Plaese confirm..

post #1089 of 9692
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

Has the LCD-2 v3 been confirmed?  Last I heard from Audeze it was only a v2.  Plaese confirm..

Not too long ago Audeze said it was still the 2.2  not sure if they did any more revisions. They have always maintained its the 2.2 unless Larry got another revision in his that we are not aware of yet. Larry has Audeze said that yours is the LC2.3?

post #1090 of 9692

What's the reason this came up? It's been known there was not V3, thus far. 

post #1091 of 9692
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

What's the reason this came up? It's been known there was not V3, thus far. 

I think the V3 refers to the new adapters where the cables exit the headphones as the older wooden styles could crack over time. The drivers however remain unchanged.

post #1092 of 9692
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

I think the V3 refers to the new adapters where the cables exit the headphones as the older wooden styles could crack over time. The drivers however remain unchanged.

The reason there wasn't a revision with the angled LCDs is because the drivers remained the same. I just thought that was known to everyone.

post #1093 of 9692
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

The reason there wasn't a revision with the angled LCDs is because the drivers remained the same. I just thought that was known to everyone.

I thought so too. I guess the newest ones can be called the LCD-2 R2.5? tongue.gif

post #1094 of 9692
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

I thought so too. I guess the newest ones can be called the LCD-2 R2.5? 

It honestly just makes Audeze's line look more complicated than it is. But I guess people feel the perpetual need to set their LCD's apart.

 

 

Next people will just list their LCD-2's at the specific price they paid. LCD-2 Version: $1145's 


Edited by paradoxper - 4/8/13 at 5:56pm
post #1095 of 9692
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

It honestly just makes Audeze's line look more complicated than it is. But I guess people feel the perpetual need to set their LCD's apart.



Next people will just list their LCD-2's at the specific price they paid. LCD-2 Version: $1145's 

Or so that people can try to trick themselves into believing their LCD2s are better lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread