- 1,017 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Los Angeles/London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 70post #1036 of 99264/4/13 at 11:19amDon't worry-you did great. Which do you like better for smaller ensembles (e.g. chamber music)?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 99264/4/13 at 11:20ampost #1038 of 99264/4/13 at 11:20ampost #1039 of 99264/4/13 at 11:23am
Don't really listen to chamber music, vocal music still excels on the HD800 although the lcd-2 can be rather fun to listen to if you don't always want the over analytic sound of it.post #1040 of 99264/4/13 at 1:40pmJust ordered my Lcd2! I'm coming from a pair of Westone um3x in ear and have never experienced any over ear headphones! I had Schiit lyr come in today to pair with the bifrost. I plan on picking up a headphone stand soon, any recommendations? The lcd2s won't get torn up without one will they? Overwhelmed and very excited!!post #1041 of 99264/4/13 at 1:43pmpost #1042 of 99264/4/13 at 1:59pmQuote:
I bought the Sieveking Omega stand in Zebrano.
I think that it looks great with the LCD-2.
Edited by CrazyRay - 4/4/13 at 2:01pmpost #1043 of 99264/4/13 at 2:08pmThat stand does look great with the Lcd2. I have been lurking around while I was saving up and of course when I'm ready to purchase the price on audeze.com went up about a hundred bucks. Any clue why?post #1044 of 99264/4/13 at 2:13pmpost #1045 of 99264/4/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
It's true, my country's distributor have been informed already.post #1046 of 99264/4/13 at 4:12pmHello Spencer,Unfortunately, due to both the availability of rosewood and the increased production cost of the wood itself, we are forced to raise the amount of the LCD2 Rosewood to a new retail price of $1,145. While this increase has been a difficult decision for Audeze, it has allowed us to further re-evaluate our manufacturing ideals. As such, we will donate a portion of all future sales of the LCD2 Rosewood to Eden Projects in order to help preserve our precious resources.Thank you very much,Audez'e Supportpost #1047 of 99264/4/13 at 4:38pmpost #1048 of 99264/4/13 at 4:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Junior mints
Just ordered my Lcd2! I'm coming from a pair of Westone um3x in ear and have never experienced any over ear headphones! I had Schiit lyr come in today to pair with the bifrost. I plan on picking up a headphone stand soon, any recommendations? The lcd2s won't get torn up without one will they? Overwhelmed and very excited!!
Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 10:48pmpost #1049 of 99264/4/13 at 4:46pm
I think I'd pick the LCD 2 over the HD800 for small ensemble stuff, specifically chamber music or small scale choral work.
I love the intimate presentation.post #1050 of 99264/4/13 at 5:07pm
- Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Beyerdynamic Xelento! 34 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄ ★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › Good tool to measure your headphone db? 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for metal and rock music at ~1000USD 3 minutes ago
- › Where do I go from here? Schiit Modi 2u>Ragnarok>HE-400i 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 7 minutes ago
- › Joseph Grado HP1000 hp2 (mint) 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear