Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 69

post #1021 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

You are driving a bus with a lawnmower motor.

 

This mean "use a better source" CMIIW

post #1022 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post


I can see what you mean but my electronic music just don't sound as good without the bass slam that really has to be there. Will changing the amp or source change the amount of bass.

The Dark Star is more than powerful enough, but your source could be improved by using a decent dac for the conversion. This will give you much better sound quality than using your media player direct to the amp. There are plenty of options out there for great sounding dacs that don't cost the earth. You could look at Odac, Modi, Vdac, Maverick D1 all these will significantly improve the sound and will help with bass etc. You will need to use an iphone/ipod doc to connect to them though.

post #1023 of 4119
Thanks for all the replies! I noe what to do now.

EDIT: Btw, can I use another amp-dac combo like the rsa mustang to be the dac or I need a dedicated dac. I thought the dark star is a amp-dac combo which is sufficient. Guess I'm wrong.
Edited by myap2328 - 3/17/13 at 4:12am
post #1024 of 4119

i thought the LCD-2 had alot of midbass and slam?

post #1025 of 4119
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i thought the LCD-2 had alot of midbass and slam?

Well, it seems it is pretty clear that it was because my source was poor and I mistaken the Darkstar to be a amp/dac but I was wrong so I am going back for the store I aud. the both Audez'es again. Hoping for the best. Btw, anyway came up with ways to make the Audez'es more comfortable. Te comfort is almost a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: I called up my local store and they said they had a NAIM DAC, anyone heard of it?
Edited by myap2328 - 3/17/13 at 5:36am
post #1026 of 4119

Naim makes a bunch of DAC's so you'll have to be more specific. They're fairly well known, but their price/performance is lacking unless you get one of their all in wonder units. They're more of a 2ch company than value focused for headphones. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

A
Well, it seems it is pretty clear that it was because my source was poor and I mistaken the Darkstar to be a amp/dac but I was wrong so I am going back for the store I aud. the both Audez'es again. Hoping for the best. Btw, anyway came up with ways to make the Audez'es more comfortable. Te comfort is almost a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: I called up my local store and they said they had a NAIM DAC, anyone heard of it?
post #1027 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

A
Well, it seems it is pretty clear that it was because my source was poor and I mistaken the Darkstar to be a amp/dac but I was wrong so I am going back for the store I aud. the both Audez'es again. Hoping for the best. Btw, anyway came up with ways to make the Audez'es more comfortable. Te comfort is almost a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: I called up my local store and they said they had a NAIM DAC, anyone heard of it?
The Darkstar is an AMP only. You need to use a source that takes a digital signal (not from an iPhone, unless you have something like a CLAS) from a device such as a cd player or computer and converts it to analog then sends that signal to the Darkstar. You need a stand-alone DAC. Almost anything will be better than iPhone straight to Darkstar.
post #1028 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

The Darkstar is an AMP only. You need to use a source that takes a digital signal (not from an iPhone, unless you have something like a CLAS) from a device such as a cd player or computer and converts it to analog then sends that signal to the Darkstar. You need a stand-alone DAC. Almost anything will be better than iPhone straight to Darkstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Naim makes a bunch of DAC's so you'll have to be more specific. They're fairly well known, but their price/performance is lacking unless you get one of their all in wonder units. They're more of a 2ch company than value focused for headphones. 

Thanks! Will do.
post #1029 of 4119
I just took ownership of my new LCD-2's,unfortunately I have sold my old amp and in the process of waiting for my V200 to arrive.Right now I have it burning with my 80's NAD receiver's headphone jack.Needless to say it doesn't sound great with the receiver,my question......will it be a bad idea to burn in the headphones with such a crappy amp?What I can say is the phones do sound better with the 4 hours of burn in time already.
post #1030 of 4119
I shudder to think!! Arguably, we all have crappy amps in someone's estimation. This would imply we all have badly burned-in LCDs - eek!

Yours sound better already? Your nad is doing its job then. Don't worry about it.

Congrats on your new cans.
post #1031 of 4119
Very good,I will just let the LCD's play random songs for about 100 hours and hpefully the V200 arrives soon.
post #1032 of 4119

I had audition LCD2 once using WA6 with sophia princess & Burson conductor. Both of which sound great. But the WA6 put them into other perspective. it has a wider soundstage with well focused tonality.

post #1033 of 4119

joined the lcd-2 club today ^_^

huge difference in sound compared to my hd800

 


Edited by LifeAspect - 4/4/13 at 9:59am
post #1034 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAspect View Post

joined the lcd-2 club today ^_^
huge difference in sound compared to my hd800


Post a comparison? I'm thinking that the two would complement each other quite well
post #1035 of 4119

not that good in making a comparison. I just notice the HD800 excels more in soundstage (waay wider) while the LCD-2 has more bass kick for rock music and electronic music. I do like the overall comfort of the HD800 more though. LCD-2s do clamp my ears quite a bit :D. Sound wise, I guess I'll prefer these for electronic music while the HD800 will stay my fav headphone for classical and jazz.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread