Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread - Page 68

post #1006 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoaphexox View Post

Just got my LCD-2 yesterday. Running them off a Schiit Bifrost (USB) + Lyr (JJ E88CC) and it's not bad at all.

 

Frankly, I don't know if it's $700 better than the AKG-K701's I had been using - maybe I just need time to adjust...

 

I also have two other pairs of tubes for the Lyr I bought at the same time from Schiit but haven't used yet. That could also change things.

 

WTH? Stock JJ's are the worst possible tubes you could run. Replace those asap.

post #1007 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by olor1n View Post

WTH? Stock JJ's are the worst possible tubes you could run. Replace those asap.


+1
post #1008 of 4095
I put the GE tubes in yesterday and I noticed a nice improvement. I'll try the Russian ones next.
Edited by xoaphexox - 3/9/13 at 5:43am
post #1009 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoaphexox View Post

I put the GE tubes in yesterday and I noticed a nice improvement. I'll try the Russian ones next.

 

 

Be sure to give each set of tubes you try a chance to burn in.

 

Purists will say you need 100 hours, I'm thinking 50 should be sufficient.  But you can probably tell which way a set of tubes is going after 25...

post #1010 of 4095

has anyone directly compared the LCD-2 leather pads and vegan pads ?

 

if so, how do they differ in tonality and comfort ?

post #1011 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac336 View Post

has anyone directly compared the LCD-2 leather pads and vegan pads ?

 

if so, how do they differ in tonality and comfort ?

If you check out the other LCD2 (new) thread theres been quite a lot of talk and comparisons there in the last few pages :)

post #1012 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by olor1n View Post

WTH? Stock JJ's are the worst possible tubes you could run. Replace those asap.

I'm with this guy, grab some 3$ sylvanias from eBay or the GEs from schiit and you will hear a massive improvement
post #1013 of 4095
I tried the LCD-2 using a RSA-Dark Star on high gain with my iPhone 4S as a source connected to the amp using a 7N LOD.

I find the LCD-2 I have marvelous clarity but I find it lacking in the midbass region. Is this solvable or should I turn around and find another Hp? Thanks for any replies in advance
post #1014 of 4095
Might try a better source, so basically anything but an iPhone.
post #1015 of 4095

What did I just read.

post #1016 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

I tried the LCD-2 using a RSA-Dark Star on high gain with my iPhone 4S as a source connected to the amp using a 7N LOD.

I find the LCD-2 I have marvelous clarity but I find it lacking in the midbass region. Is this solvable or should I turn around and find another Hp? Thanks for any replies in advance

LCD2's don't really "slam" with midbass, as the bass is balanced from sub level to the mids. If you are used to bass heavy dynamic hp's that have more of a midbass hump, then this can take a little adjusting time to appreciate.

post #1017 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

LCD2's don't really "slam" with midbass, as the bass is balanced from sub level to the mids. If you are used to bass heavy dynamic hp's that have more of a midbass hump, then this can take a little adjusting time to appreciate.

I can see what you mean but my electronic music just don't sound as good without the bass slam that really has to be there. Will changing the amp or source change the amount of bass.
post #1018 of 4095
You are driving a bus with a lawnmower motor.
post #1019 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

You are driving a bus with a lawnmower motor.

hahaa.

 

Moped engine.

post #1020 of 4095
So you mean the Darkstar is not powerful enough?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread