Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread

post #1 of 3571
Thread Starter 

With some people actually getting their hands on the Audeze LCD-2 planar magnetic headphone, I thought it's time for a thread of positive impressions only. No objectivity needed in here.

 

To my ears, it has an extremely natural and life-like presentation. It has a rather unique sound signature, with deep low bass that's presented in detail, without any trace of bloat or boom. At the same time, it has sparkly detailed highs that are just there without being too loud. All of it is presented in a well-defined 3D headstage. An amazing musical experience, that can also be fully enjoyed at low volumes.

 

Other LCD-2 threads:

Amplification for the LCD-2

General discussion of the LCD-2

Cables for the LCD-2

 

First version

 

lcd2studio1.jpg

 

Typical frequency response chart

 

lcd2fr.jpg

 

The most recent look, with some cosmetic changes

 

audezelcd2.jpg

post #2 of 3571

I <3 my LCD-2's....  Because of everything you described above.  I finally get to have my music with a beautiful and non-fatiguing realism.  

 

pic of mine

pic of my chart


Edited by TigzStudio - 8/29/10 at 6:16am
post #3 of 3571

I'm glad to finally own dynamic headphones that give me the kind of enjoyment Stax have, without the compromises.  My HD-800s are up for sale.  I think that is all I need to say.

post #4 of 3571

All my headphones except the ED 8 is for sale so yes I love them too. True fanboy material!

post #5 of 3571

I put my name on the waiting list on June 28th. I can't wait to hear mine.

 

Like I said in the other Audeze thread, I'm not necessarily looking for "the one" in terms of sound quality. I plan on keeping my other headphones, as I'm not so much an audiophile as I'm a girl with a headphone fetish.

post #6 of 3571
My love affair with the LCD-2 is still as active as it was from the beginning. The LCD-2 astonished me, and continue to do so many months later. I've stayed hooked. I actually carry they around from room to room, and when the backlog finally clears, I am buying a second pair.
Edited by Skylab - 8/29/10 at 9:13am
post #7 of 3571

You enjoy torturing those that are playing the waiting game aren't you? ;D
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

My love affair with the LCD-2 is still as active as it was from the beginning. The LCD-2 astonished me, and continue to do so many months later. I've stayed hooked. I actually carry they around from room to room, and when the backlog finally clears, I am buying a second pair.
post #8 of 3571

The joys of the waiting game. Talk to some former Xin and Singlepower customers about waits.

 

There are some big players in the audio game that have determined dynamics to be second best to the performance these planars can do. Combining impactful and articulate bass with stat like highs has my fever raising. So much to read on, so little money.


Edited by Happy Camper - 8/30/10 at 8:51am
post #9 of 3571
Thats why I'm waiting to order my second pair until after the backorder clears :)
post #10 of 3571

subscribe

post #11 of 3571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

Thats why I'm waiting to order my second pair until after the backorder clears :)


You mean like a back up pair?  OMG, I didn't even think about the disastrous consequences of what it would be like should, for whatever reason, I do not have access to a pair of LCD2s - I'd better do the same thing.

post #12 of 3571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigzStudio View Post

I <3 my LCD-2's....  Because of everything you described above.  I finally get to have my music with a beautiful and non-fatiguing realism.  

 

pic of mine

pic of my chart


meh, since when was live acoustic music ever fatiguing - just beautiful realism, no more no less. 

 

P.S. Hey how was that Norah Jones concert anyway?  I wish she'd visit Australia someday.

post #13 of 3571

TigzStudio, what cable is that on your LCD-2?

post #14 of 3571
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post




meh, since when was live acoustic music ever fatiguing - just beautiful realism, no more no less. 

 

P.S. Hey how was that Norah Jones concert anyway?  I wish she'd visit Australia someday.


It was a concert I will never forget, she did some special songs and an awesome encore....I had really close seats as well.  The only bummer was it was a bit windy and freezing cold!  They were drinking a little whiskey on stage to keep warm :)

 

 

Grokit, the cable is one I made based on Mogami studio cabling.  It is an improvement over the stock cable to my ears, and it is for sale for $50.00 shipped fyi :)  

 

I am now using a couple up-occ cables I made, and am ordering more bulk cable to do blind tests with as well.  

post #15 of 3571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigzStudio View Post




It was a concert I will never forget, she did some special songs and an awesome encore....I had really close seats as well.  The only bummer was it was a bit windy and freezing cold!  They were drinking a little whiskey on stage to keep warm :)

 

 

Grokit, the cable is one I made based on Mogami studio cabling.  It is an improvement over the stock cable to my ears, and it is for sale for $50.00 shipped fyi :)  

 

I am now using a couple up-occ cables I made, and am ordering more bulk cable to do blind tests with as well.  


Damn.  So jealous... Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make do with Norah through the LCD2s...I wonder how much I'm missing?

 

Hey, keep us posted on your results with the cables man.  BTW I can't believe you made those cables yourself...they look awesome man!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread