LCD-2 can take 15W... just saying the chances of getting a "blown" one are zero unless someone tapped them into their 1KW mono blocks ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 1/11/12 at 4:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread - Page 41post #601 of 26694/24/12 at 6:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #602 of 26694/24/12 at 8:41pmpost #603 of 26694/25/12 at 9:22amQuote:
Congrats! It is a small club..but as for me I need no other phones! I consider them HP Nirvana!post #604 of 26694/25/12 at 12:07pmpost #605 of 26694/25/12 at 12:41pm
Just got my new Bamboo LCD-2s in about 1.5 hours ago and I've been listening nonstop since then. I think they'll take a bit of adjusting to get used to. I'm going to withhold judgement on them for awhile because my extremely early impressions weren't great but I'm slowly warming up to them.post #606 of 26694/26/12 at 7:02ampost #607 of 26694/26/12 at 8:07am
LCD-2 Rev2 are great but greatness comes at a price. I found the Rev1/Burson match great, on the Rev2 though the Burson grain and dirty character really came through. On the GS-1 they are transparent and grain free though I do miss the stronger bottom of the Burson. The Burson DAC though was fantastic so I think its the final stage that adds the grain.post #608 of 26694/27/12 at 10:37pmpost #609 of 26694/28/12 at 4:06ampost #610 of 26694/28/12 at 12:59pmpost #611 of 26694/28/12 at 2:13pmpost #612 of 26694/29/12 at 8:52pm
I'm new to the thread. What does the photo help prove or disprove? I know about the rosewood vrs bamboo chat, and finally decided i couldn't see the difference when i was listening. What do I read to catch up?
post #613 of 26694/30/12 at 12:14amQuote:
it looks like the bamboo is more solid in build quality and lighter 20-30 grams, and have more treble than the old rosewood, i don't know about the new one.
just wanted to ask you how do they sound ?! i'm still waiting for mine to arrivepost #614 of 26695/2/12 at 4:52ampost #615 of 26695/2/12 at 8:21amQuote:
Nope that'd be the HE500's; LCD's are at the darker end of the spectrum while the HE800s the brighter end.
- Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 5 seconds ago
- › New DAP for natural sound. 22 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? 4 minutes ago
- › Where do I buy the "REAL" Altoids amp? 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude