I bought these this week. They are excellent imho! The comfort is among the best I have ever tried. They also sound very good. Highly recommended!
Related Forum Threads
- Bose headphones? Last post on 6/5/11 at 4:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Headphone Help (coming from Bose in ear headphones) Last post on 12/4/10 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S2 or Bose In Ear? Last post on 1/4/12 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good budget In-Ear Monitors? Last post on 10/3/12 at 12:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
BOSE IE2 In Ear Headphones - Page 4post #46 of 507/28/14 at 4:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 509/5/14 at 6:37pmI tried them out for about a week but returned them due to audio quality. I like that they are open and stay in ur ears even when running. It sounds distant and clouded. The sound detail is equal to earphones less than half the price. If they cost 50 bucks I might pick some up just to run with but not for $100. They are nice just way overpriced imopost #48 of 509/7/14 at 9:36am
I have had these for around three years now. They are definitely comfortable and stay in your ear nicely. It took a little while to get used to the silicone tips that they use, but they work well.
I'm not a huge audiophile nor do I have a lot of experience in headphones, so I can't really describe them to the level of detail that you guys use :P
The sound is well balanced, and is good to use casually or while running. They don't isolate noise a whole lot, but I wouldn't really expect that from these.
The durability leaves a bit to be desired, though. The rubber sheath that covers the wires is starting to fray where it goes into the left earbud and where the two wires join into a single wire. Also, the spring in the clip that holds the headphones to your shirt, etc broke so it's essentially useless now. I think I had these replaced under warranty once for the outer sheath already.
Edited by dfrez - 9/7/14 at 9:37ampost #49 of 509/7/14 at 1:01pm
I had the same thing happen with my current pair. Bose offered me a new set at half price, but instead I used Sugru and made my own repair before the fraying affected sound quality. Then again, I use them everyday.post #50 of 509/8/14 at 9:42pm
I have the sport ones, and I've been told they're a bit more durable. I have had a bunch of Sonys (up to my MDR-EX600), Etys, Shure E2c, UE TripleFi 10, and quite a lot of others. The Bose have been great, as I use them while cycling, and they have a very nice little trick they pull: you can hear what's going on behind you. Their ports redirect everything from behind you into your ear canals, and if you aren't blasting them you can get a really nice, directional reference to what's going on. I've used them with my Galaxy Note 2, and now my Note 3. I switched back to cabled units as all my Bluetooth setups (including two Sonys) get jammed with ridiculous RFI problems when going through some neighborhoods. I keep them in a small can in my "murse," and at work I tend to use Bose QC15, Sony MDR-V6, or my Pioneer HDJ-2000s with my FiiO E18 Kunlun DAC/Amp. I use the amp with my work PC since the stock audio chipset failed, and it lets me go over Soundcloud material. I use the various headphones when working so I can check out different stuff I've made, or that of others, to get a feel for their sound. But the Bose stuff sounds fine, and is really light. Granted, my original TriPorts fell apart from heavy use and storage in my backpack going back and forth to work, but I never actually contacted them to get them replaced (didn't think of it).
I will say I don't use them for critical listening, because they are definitely "seasoned" or "colored," if you will. I prefer very clear headphones when I make music, which is why I just picked up my AKG Q701 for reverb and mixing work, but I still use my monitors and MDR-V6s (that are WELL broken-in) to work with the bass of each track. After that, a lot of Bose usage for field listening. :-)
- BOSE IE2 In Ear Headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2