I bought these this week. They are excellent imho! The comfort is among the best I have ever tried. They also sound very good. Highly recommended!
Related Forum Threads
- Bose headphones? Last post on 6/5/11 at 4:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Headphone Help (coming from Bose in ear headphones) Last post on 12/4/10 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S2 or Bose In Ear? Last post on 1/4/12 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good budget In-Ear Monitors? Last post on 10/3/12 at 12:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
BOSE IE2 In Ear Headphones - Page 4post #46 of 507/28/14 at 4:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 509/5/14 at 6:37pmI tried them out for about a week but returned them due to audio quality. I like that they are open and stay in ur ears even when running. It sounds distant and clouded. The sound detail is equal to earphones less than half the price. If they cost 50 bucks I might pick some up just to run with but not for $100. They are nice just way overpriced imopost #48 of 509/7/14 at 9:36am
I have had these for around three years now. They are definitely comfortable and stay in your ear nicely. It took a little while to get used to the silicone tips that they use, but they work well.
I'm not a huge audiophile nor do I have a lot of experience in headphones, so I can't really describe them to the level of detail that you guys use :P
The sound is well balanced, and is good to use casually or while running. They don't isolate noise a whole lot, but I wouldn't really expect that from these.
The durability leaves a bit to be desired, though. The rubber sheath that covers the wires is starting to fray where it goes into the left earbud and where the two wires join into a single wire. Also, the spring in the clip that holds the headphones to your shirt, etc broke so it's essentially useless now. I think I had these replaced under warranty once for the outer sheath already.
Edited by dfrez - 9/7/14 at 9:37ampost #49 of 509/7/14 at 1:01pm
I had the same thing happen with my current pair. Bose offered me a new set at half price, but instead I used Sugru and made my own repair before the fraying affected sound quality. Then again, I use them everyday.post #50 of 509/8/14 at 9:42pm
I have the sport ones, and I've been told they're a bit more durable. I have had a bunch of Sonys (up to my MDR-EX600), Etys, Shure E2c, UE TripleFi 10, and quite a lot of others. The Bose have been great, as I use them while cycling, and they have a very nice little trick they pull: you can hear what's going on behind you. Their ports redirect everything from behind you into your ear canals, and if you aren't blasting them you can get a really nice, directional reference to what's going on. I've used them with my Galaxy Note 2, and now my Note 3. I switched back to cabled units as all my Bluetooth setups (including two Sonys) get jammed with ridiculous RFI problems when going through some neighborhoods. I keep them in a small can in my "murse," and at work I tend to use Bose QC15, Sony MDR-V6, or my Pioneer HDJ-2000s with my FiiO E18 Kunlun DAC/Amp. I use the amp with my work PC since the stock audio chipset failed, and it lets me go over Soundcloud material. I use the various headphones when working so I can check out different stuff I've made, or that of others, to get a feel for their sound. But the Bose stuff sounds fine, and is really light. Granted, my original TriPorts fell apart from heavy use and storage in my backpack going back and forth to work, but I never actually contacted them to get them replaced (didn't think of it).
I will say I don't use them for critical listening, because they are definitely "seasoned" or "colored," if you will. I prefer very clear headphones when I make music, which is why I just picked up my AKG Q701 for reverb and mixing work, but I still use my monitors and MDR-V6s (that are WELL broken-in) to work with the bass of each track. After that, a lot of Bose usage for field listening. :-)
- BOSE IE2 In Ear Headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 18 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: LCD-2 w/Fazor 3 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)