I bought these this week. They are excellent imho! The comfort is among the best I have ever tried. They also sound very good. Highly recommended!
Related Forum Threads
- Bose headphones? Last post on 6/5/11 at 4:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Headphone Help (coming from Bose in ear headphones) Last post on 12/4/10 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S2 or Bose In Ear? Last post on 1/4/12 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good budget In-Ear Monitors? Last post on 10/3/12 at 12:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought these headphones love / hate with the taste of the challenge. I learned that in Germany have discovered a reversible change to free the low and I started the monkey. I got them used to not...
sorry my English is Google translate The sound of these hifiman immediately like it or hate it. They have a strong character, perfect bass, brilliant highs, medium tone mind incorrect. A few years...
sorry my English is Google translate I bought this machine to see if such facilities exist hifi quality level beyond which the feeling of fidelity sound becomes real. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I...
Thanks to FiiO for the loaner unit. If there is a brand other than Apple that is more well-known at Head-Fi than FiiO I’d be very surprised. A number of their products have become pretty...
T-Peos were kind enough to organize a T-Peos Altone 350 (I'll refer to it as A350) unit for a private head-fi Australian review tour . Previously, we arranged tour units via T-Peos (e.g. with...
BOSE IE2 In Ear Headphones - Page 4post #46 of 507/28/14 at 4:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 509/5/14 at 6:37pmI tried them out for about a week but returned them due to audio quality. I like that they are open and stay in ur ears even when running. It sounds distant and clouded. The sound detail is equal to earphones less than half the price. If they cost 50 bucks I might pick some up just to run with but not for $100. They are nice just way overpriced imopost #48 of 509/7/14 at 9:36am
I have had these for around three years now. They are definitely comfortable and stay in your ear nicely. It took a little while to get used to the silicone tips that they use, but they work well.
I'm not a huge audiophile nor do I have a lot of experience in headphones, so I can't really describe them to the level of detail that you guys use :P
The sound is well balanced, and is good to use casually or while running. They don't isolate noise a whole lot, but I wouldn't really expect that from these.
The durability leaves a bit to be desired, though. The rubber sheath that covers the wires is starting to fray where it goes into the left earbud and where the two wires join into a single wire. Also, the spring in the clip that holds the headphones to your shirt, etc broke so it's essentially useless now. I think I had these replaced under warranty once for the outer sheath already.
Edited by dfrez - 9/7/14 at 9:37ampost #49 of 509/7/14 at 1:01pm
I had the same thing happen with my current pair. Bose offered me a new set at half price, but instead I used Sugru and made my own repair before the fraying affected sound quality. Then again, I use them everyday.post #50 of 509/8/14 at 9:42pm
I have the sport ones, and I've been told they're a bit more durable. I have had a bunch of Sonys (up to my MDR-EX600), Etys, Shure E2c, UE TripleFi 10, and quite a lot of others. The Bose have been great, as I use them while cycling, and they have a very nice little trick they pull: you can hear what's going on behind you. Their ports redirect everything from behind you into your ear canals, and if you aren't blasting them you can get a really nice, directional reference to what's going on. I've used them with my Galaxy Note 2, and now my Note 3. I switched back to cabled units as all my Bluetooth setups (including two Sonys) get jammed with ridiculous RFI problems when going through some neighborhoods. I keep them in a small can in my "murse," and at work I tend to use Bose QC15, Sony MDR-V6, or my Pioneer HDJ-2000s with my FiiO E18 Kunlun DAC/Amp. I use the amp with my work PC since the stock audio chipset failed, and it lets me go over Soundcloud material. I use the various headphones when working so I can check out different stuff I've made, or that of others, to get a feel for their sound. But the Bose stuff sounds fine, and is really light. Granted, my original TriPorts fell apart from heavy use and storage in my backpack going back and forth to work, but I never actually contacted them to get them replaced (didn't think of it).
I will say I don't use them for critical listening, because they are definitely "seasoned" or "colored," if you will. I prefer very clear headphones when I make music, which is why I just picked up my AKG Q701 for reverb and mixing work, but I still use my monitors and MDR-V6s (that are WELL broken-in) to work with the bass of each track. After that, a lot of Bose usage for field listening. :-)
- BOSE IE2 In Ear Headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Need recommendations for Over The Ear Headphones + Amp/DAC 10 seconds ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 26 seconds ago
- › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet 5.2.15 Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor Virtuoso Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Sony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones by sbcontt
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2