I bought these this week. They are excellent imho! The comfort is among the best I have ever tried. They also sound very good. Highly recommended!
Related Forum Threads
- Bose headphones? Last post on 6/5/11 at 4:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Headphone Help (coming from Bose in ear headphones) Last post on 12/4/10 at 4:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S2 or Bose In Ear? Last post on 1/4/12 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good budget In-Ear Monitors? Last post on 10/3/12 at 12:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM <$250 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
BOSE IE2 In Ear Headphones - Page 4post #46 of 547/28/14 at 4:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 549/5/14 at 6:37pmI tried them out for about a week but returned them due to audio quality. I like that they are open and stay in ur ears even when running. It sounds distant and clouded. The sound detail is equal to earphones less than half the price. If they cost 50 bucks I might pick some up just to run with but not for $100. They are nice just way overpriced imopost #48 of 549/7/14 at 9:36am
I have had these for around three years now. They are definitely comfortable and stay in your ear nicely. It took a little while to get used to the silicone tips that they use, but they work well.
I'm not a huge audiophile nor do I have a lot of experience in headphones, so I can't really describe them to the level of detail that you guys use :P
The sound is well balanced, and is good to use casually or while running. They don't isolate noise a whole lot, but I wouldn't really expect that from these.
The durability leaves a bit to be desired, though. The rubber sheath that covers the wires is starting to fray where it goes into the left earbud and where the two wires join into a single wire. Also, the spring in the clip that holds the headphones to your shirt, etc broke so it's essentially useless now. I think I had these replaced under warranty once for the outer sheath already.
Edited by dfrez - 9/7/14 at 9:37ampost #49 of 549/7/14 at 1:01pm
I had the same thing happen with my current pair. Bose offered me a new set at half price, but instead I used Sugru and made my own repair before the fraying affected sound quality. Then again, I use them everyday.post #50 of 549/8/14 at 9:42pm
I have the sport ones, and I've been told they're a bit more durable. I have had a bunch of Sonys (up to my MDR-EX600), Etys, Shure E2c, UE TripleFi 10, and quite a lot of others. The Bose have been great, as I use them while cycling, and they have a very nice little trick they pull: you can hear what's going on behind you. Their ports redirect everything from behind you into your ear canals, and if you aren't blasting them you can get a really nice, directional reference to what's going on. I've used them with my Galaxy Note 2, and now my Note 3. I switched back to cabled units as all my Bluetooth setups (including two Sonys) get jammed with ridiculous RFI problems when going through some neighborhoods. I keep them in a small can in my "murse," and at work I tend to use Bose QC15, Sony MDR-V6, or my Pioneer HDJ-2000s with my FiiO E18 Kunlun DAC/Amp. I use the amp with my work PC since the stock audio chipset failed, and it lets me go over Soundcloud material. I use the various headphones when working so I can check out different stuff I've made, or that of others, to get a feel for their sound. But the Bose stuff sounds fine, and is really light. Granted, my original TriPorts fell apart from heavy use and storage in my backpack going back and forth to work, but I never actually contacted them to get them replaced (didn't think of it).
I will say I don't use them for critical listening, because they are definitely "seasoned" or "colored," if you will. I prefer very clear headphones when I make music, which is why I just picked up my AKG Q701 for reverb and mixing work, but I still use my monitors and MDR-V6s (that are WELL broken-in) to work with the bass of each track. After that, a lot of Bose usage for field listening. :-)post #51 of 542/1/16 at 10:33am
I'm really not sure if the sport ones are that much better. I was thinking of buying a pair to replace my Bose IE2s but from the reviews I read on Amazon, the quality isn't any better. It's a shame really because they truly are very comfortable and have decent sound.post #52 of 542/1/16 at 7:26pmI was keen on buying the IE2s at first, but luckily a friend of mine had them and I'm glad I avoided the purchase. I've listened to them for a few hours on separate days.
The sound is kind of a half-assed approach. It's as if a cheap (and generally bass heavy) earphone is trying to transition into neutral sound. The bass is okay but at the same time the clarity is absent. It's like a shure without the clarity and obviously no bass. This is a real turnoff since it literally stands no where.
I feel the mid were a bit better than the highs and lows, but they're at a point hardly worth comparing. It makes no real noticeable difference. The sound is just flat.
I do agree with everyone about the eartips. Comfortable. Soft. They did fall out of my ears on more than one occasion. Not snug though.
The build quality wasn't that great the metallic strip faded in color quite quickly and the eartips did tear quick. Tear. Yes tear. How often does that happen.
In comparison they sound better than my 15$ cx180s but not better than cx 300 is which are around 40$. Does absolutely not come close to the Se215 or klipsch s4.
Personally they offer too little for too much. The usual bose thingy. They would be a decent buy at 30$ just for the comfort. That's my 2 cents.post #53 of 542/2/16 at 10:18amQuote:
I've never had that happen with my IE2s. Although I did have the wiring insulation completely wear through and begin to fall off. The ear tips seemed fairly robust even with me pulling and twisting them when I was bored.post #54 of 542/3/16 at 7:09amQuote:
Dunno, but happened to me. Cable wear is fine. But the eartips were a turnoff.
- BOSE IE2 In Ear Headphones
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze SINE Series 47 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...