Having used PortaPros for a very long time, I am considering upgrading to IEMs for their superior portability. Is their an audible difference between the PortaPros and the Re0s?
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro 25th Anniversary Edition Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/31/10
Related Forum Threads
- Broke my ATH-M50s, need some advice [EDIT: FIXED!!] Last post on 8/26/10 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Facing fake PortaPro's ??? Last post on 6/13/10 at 8:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Happy IM590 and portapro owner Last post on 8/25/10 at 8:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New to the IEM world. Any Suggestions? Last post on 11/15/10 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
PortaPros vs. Re0spost #1 of 88/28/10 at 6:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 88/28/10 at 7:21am
But they are completely different: the porta pro has a fun warm sound, quite bass heavy actually while the RE-0 is far more precise, detailed, but also balanced, which means you could find them flat coming from the porta pro. However, I would say they are technically far superior than the Koss.
Just bear in mind that the sound signature is completely different.post #3 of 88/28/10 at 2:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 88/28/10 at 2:59pmpost #5 of 88/28/10 at 11:57pmQuote:
There is a great difference between the two. As mentioned above, the Re0's are have much more emphasis on the sparkly high end; the bass is light. This sound signature is quite different to the Portapro's which have boomy, bloated bass in comparison. If you liked the the Portapros, I'd reccommend looking at other iems. At the price point that I think you're looking at, take a look into: HJE900, Hippo VB, NuForce NE-6, Klipsch S4 or VSonic R02Pro2.post #6 of 88/29/10 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #7 of 89/4/10 at 4:29pm
It's unlikely that many shops outside of Asia would have the RE0s to demo, they're just not quite mainstream enough.
Did you check out Joker's IEM comparison thread? It's worth looking through to find something in your price range that suits your tastes.post #8 of 89/27/10 at 4:54pm
I bought some Maximo iM-590's and they are really pretty good. But I still find my portapro being my go to headphone in every circumstance other than when i need isolation(mowing the grass). I just don't think you can beat open-air when it comes to SQ no matter how expensive the IEM's are there should be some open air headphones in the same price range that are better. Just my .02 cents.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PortaPros vs. Re0s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 24 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 49 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Nov 4th 2013 and feature poll... 50 seconds ago
- › brand new he6 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › **FS Schiit LYR plus Orange Globes** MINTY 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe