Having used PortaPros for a very long time, I am considering upgrading to IEMs for their superior portability. Is their an audible difference between the PortaPros and the Re0s?
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro 25th Anniversary Edition Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/31/10
Related Forum Threads
- Broke my ATH-M50s, need some advice [EDIT: FIXED!!] Last post on 8/26/10 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Facing fake PortaPro's ??? Last post on 6/13/10 at 8:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Happy IM590 and portapro owner Last post on 8/25/10 at 8:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New to the IEM world. Any Suggestions? Last post on 11/15/10 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
PortaPros vs. Re0spost #1 of 88/28/10 at 6:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 88/28/10 at 7:21am
But they are completely different: the porta pro has a fun warm sound, quite bass heavy actually while the RE-0 is far more precise, detailed, but also balanced, which means you could find them flat coming from the porta pro. However, I would say they are technically far superior than the Koss.
Just bear in mind that the sound signature is completely different.post #3 of 88/28/10 at 2:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 88/28/10 at 2:59pmpost #5 of 88/28/10 at 11:57pmQuote:
There is a great difference between the two. As mentioned above, the Re0's are have much more emphasis on the sparkly high end; the bass is light. This sound signature is quite different to the Portapro's which have boomy, bloated bass in comparison. If you liked the the Portapros, I'd reccommend looking at other iems. At the price point that I think you're looking at, take a look into: HJE900, Hippo VB, NuForce NE-6, Klipsch S4 or VSonic R02Pro2.post #6 of 88/29/10 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #7 of 89/4/10 at 4:29pm
It's unlikely that many shops outside of Asia would have the RE0s to demo, they're just not quite mainstream enough.
Did you check out Joker's IEM comparison thread? It's worth looking through to find something in your price range that suits your tastes.post #8 of 89/27/10 at 4:54pm
I bought some Maximo iM-590's and they are really pretty good. But I still find my portapro being my go to headphone in every circumstance other than when i need isolation(mowing the grass). I just don't think you can beat open-air when it comes to SQ no matter how expensive the IEM's are there should be some open air headphones in the same price range that are better. Just my .02 cents.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PortaPros vs. Re0s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 1 minute ago
- › Vinyl vs Redbook in 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Dither is a prime suspect 4 minutes ago
- › Why are HD700's ~$500 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Closed on-ear or over-ear replacement for Grado SR60 or SR80 10 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 10 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3