Having used PortaPros for a very long time, I am considering upgrading to IEMs for their superior portability. Is their an audible difference between the PortaPros and the Re0s?
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro 25th Anniversary Edition Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/31/10
Related Forum Threads
- Broke my ATH-M50s, need some advice [EDIT: FIXED!!] Last post on 8/26/10 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Facing fake PortaPro's ??? Last post on 6/13/10 at 8:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Happy IM590 and portapro owner Last post on 8/25/10 at 8:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New to the IEM world. Any Suggestions? Last post on 11/15/10 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
PortaPros vs. Re0spost #1 of 88/28/10 at 6:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 88/28/10 at 7:21am
But they are completely different: the porta pro has a fun warm sound, quite bass heavy actually while the RE-0 is far more precise, detailed, but also balanced, which means you could find them flat coming from the porta pro. However, I would say they are technically far superior than the Koss.
Just bear in mind that the sound signature is completely different.post #3 of 88/28/10 at 2:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 88/28/10 at 2:59pmpost #5 of 88/28/10 at 11:57pmQuote:
There is a great difference between the two. As mentioned above, the Re0's are have much more emphasis on the sparkly high end; the bass is light. This sound signature is quite different to the Portapro's which have boomy, bloated bass in comparison. If you liked the the Portapros, I'd reccommend looking at other iems. At the price point that I think you're looking at, take a look into: HJE900, Hippo VB, NuForce NE-6, Klipsch S4 or VSonic R02Pro2.post #6 of 88/29/10 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #7 of 89/4/10 at 4:29pm
It's unlikely that many shops outside of Asia would have the RE0s to demo, they're just not quite mainstream enough.
Did you check out Joker's IEM comparison thread? It's worth looking through to find something in your price range that suits your tastes.post #8 of 89/27/10 at 4:54pm
I bought some Maximo iM-590's and they are really pretty good. But I still find my portapro being my go to headphone in every circumstance other than when i need isolation(mowing the grass). I just don't think you can beat open-air when it comes to SQ no matter how expensive the IEM's are there should be some open air headphones in the same price range that are better. Just my .02 cents.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PortaPros vs. Re0s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › What exactly is a neutral sound signature? 15 seconds ago
- › Gustard X20 DAC 28 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 51 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Note 7 - just around the corner , audiophile phone? 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...