Having used PortaPros for a very long time, I am considering upgrading to IEMs for their superior portability. Is their an audible difference between the PortaPros and the Re0s?
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro 25th Anniversary Edition Headphonestagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 8/31/10
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/31/10
Related Forum Threads
- Broke my ATH-M50s, need some advice [EDIT: FIXED!!] Last post on 8/26/10 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Facing fake PortaPro's ??? Last post on 6/13/10 at 8:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Happy IM590 and portapro owner Last post on 8/25/10 at 8:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New to the IEM world. Any Suggestions? Last post on 11/15/10 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
PortaPros vs. Re0spost #1 of 88/28/10 at 6:52amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 88/28/10 at 7:21am
But they are completely different: the porta pro has a fun warm sound, quite bass heavy actually while the RE-0 is far more precise, detailed, but also balanced, which means you could find them flat coming from the porta pro. However, I would say they are technically far superior than the Koss.
Just bear in mind that the sound signature is completely different.post #3 of 88/28/10 at 2:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 88/28/10 at 2:59pmpost #5 of 88/28/10 at 11:57pmQuote:
There is a great difference between the two. As mentioned above, the Re0's are have much more emphasis on the sparkly high end; the bass is light. This sound signature is quite different to the Portapro's which have boomy, bloated bass in comparison. If you liked the the Portapros, I'd reccommend looking at other iems. At the price point that I think you're looking at, take a look into: HJE900, Hippo VB, NuForce NE-6, Klipsch S4 or VSonic R02Pro2.post #6 of 88/29/10 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #7 of 89/4/10 at 4:29pm
It's unlikely that many shops outside of Asia would have the RE0s to demo, they're just not quite mainstream enough.
Did you check out Joker's IEM comparison thread? It's worth looking through to find something in your price range that suits your tastes.post #8 of 89/27/10 at 4:54pm
I bought some Maximo iM-590's and they are really pretty good. But I still find my portapro being my go to headphone in every circumstance other than when i need isolation(mowing the grass). I just don't think you can beat open-air when it comes to SQ no matter how expensive the IEM's are there should be some open air headphones in the same price range that are better. Just my .02 cents.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PortaPros vs. Re0s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › JH16 FP with Linum Bax Cable, JH case, and extra stock cables 22 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Doing a Blind Test Video for Youtube: Beats Pro vs ?? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2