Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Gilmore X2 - coming......soon? with optional 24/96 Asynchronous USB DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gilmore X2 - coming......soon? with optional 24/96 Asynchronous USB DAC - Page 3

post #31 of 154


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis View Post

Add Exxtreme to the name!  I'm sold :)


Dude, you forgot the exclamation point, it's eXXtreme!

 

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being not so extreme and 10 being extremely extreme; this amp is going to be a 9.5

post #32 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidplatypus View Post


 


Dude, you forgot the exclamation point, it's eXXtreme!

 

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being not so extreme and 10 being extremely extreme; this amp is going to be a 9.5





If it sounds better than your old Gilmore Reference (warmer, moar power) I may even end up buying one.
post #33 of 154

* RCA pre-amp output with switch to enable/disable it

 

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does this mean that it will function as a "loop out" so to speak without the pre-amp feature?  I'm just asking as this would be quite handy for those with multiple amps on the desk.

post #34 of 154

Do. Want.

 

This is very exciting news for someone who would like an affordable substitute to the GS-1, while hopefully upgrading SQ from the Gilmore Lite + DPS.

post #35 of 154

As a former GS-1 owner and a proud Pico DAC/Amp owner this will be top of my list if I go back to full desktop rig again.

post #36 of 154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak622 View Post

* RCA pre-amp output with switch to enable/disable it

 

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does this mean that it will function as a "loop out" so to speak without the pre-amp feature?  I'm just asking as this would be quite handy for those with multiple amps on the desk.


no, that doesn't sound very pleasant

 

it's an active pre-amp output intended to be connected to power amplifier or set of active speakers.  when you use the switch to disable it, sound will only be in the headphones

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #37 of 154

I think a better idea, if you need a loop out, would be to put a separate loop out on the amp. 

 

I have a STAX SRM-T1W where you can switch between fixed and variable outputs.  Things can get very loud if a non-attenuated signal is fed to a power amp.

post #38 of 154

I just drooled a bit after reading this.  I love my glite+dps but have been debating on a dac for the office, but if this comes out, I'm on board for it.  Would be an elegant solution and having both 1/4 and 1/8 jacks is highly appreciated.  I can't wait to hear what the DAC implementation will be.  I can't wait to get my hands on this and compare it with the glite.

post #39 of 154
Ahh this changes my whole dynamic plan. Anoxiously awaiting mo' details.
post #40 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessingx View Post

Ahh this changes my whole dynamic plan. Anoxiously awaiting mo' details.


X2. Pun intended. 

post #41 of 154

Awesome news ! After recieving my pico dac/amp I was shocked by the atention to the details, it is the most beatiful thing I held into my hands, and rest of the headamp iterations also looks and works top class, looking forward to X2 ;)

post #42 of 154

Any update on this?

post #43 of 154

I'm in.... A spdif dac would be icing on the cake (please consider?!)

post #44 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidplatypus View Post

I think a better idea, if you need a loop out, would be to put a separate loop out on the amp. 

 

I have a STAX SRM-T1W where you can switch between fixed and variable outputs.  Things can get very loud if a non-attenuated signal is fed to a power amp.


 

Justin, I also think a loop out should be added. IMHO it is almost a necessity for someone with multiple amps. Just my two cents.

post #45 of 154

any pics of the unit yet?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Gilmore X2 - coming......soon? with optional 24/96 Asynchronous USB DAC