They are on pre order for $265 on amazon should I?
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Crash course headphones help. Last post on 7/15/10 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bad headphones... Last post on 9/27/10 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 4/14/15 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats By Dre Tour Headphones - Want to replace earbud tips, what's best/will fit? Last post on 7/10/10 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Pre-order beats propost #1 of 478/26/10 at 9:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 478/26/10 at 9:25pm
I placed an order for a pair last week just in case they turn out to be amazing! I think they'll put the price back up when they're released, so you best bet to grab one now while they're $265. They look very promising though...I don't doubt Monster at all. Hopefully, they turn out to be much better than Beats By Dre.post #3 of 478/26/10 at 10:14pmpost #4 of 478/26/10 at 10:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 479/13/10 at 3:26pmpost #6 of 479/13/10 at 5:14pmQuote:
That's highly speculative talk right there.We don't really know wow they will sound until we get them. Not to mention the original beats aren't worth their price at all.
You can honestly get better headphones for much cheaper. If you buy for looks then your wasting money, plain and simple.post #7 of 479/13/10 at 5:19pm
There are much better headphones for a lot cheaper. Simple as that. Judging by the originals, the jump in quality would have to be megasuperlargemassive to justify the price tag for these things.
post #8 of 479/13/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Funny thing this was said by the guy with AD900s in his avatar. ;D
Always thought the small jump you make from the AD700 to the 900 never justified the price I'd rather save a bit more for the AD2000's.post #9 of 479/13/10 at 6:18pmpost #10 of 479/13/10 at 7:26pm
Didn't get to use them to long, maybe 15mins. Didn't noticed to much difference. Especially not more then more 3times the price worth. Then again 15minutes is hardly enough time to make a definitive judgement.
And Small jump is not what I meant, it was better and it is in no way a bad headphone. But much like the beats I just couldn't justify that price. Maybe it was the source but my ears have never really been one for the AD's anyway, so it's possible it was just prejudice on my part.
I do acknowledge them for being decent especially in their more specialized uses. I'm just more of a colour junkie, and eventually if I listen to a genre I'm gonna have a headphone that colours nicely to that genre. AD700/900's just don't do that for me.
Edited by SoSpecial - 9/13/10 at 7:33pmpost #11 of 479/13/10 at 7:50pm
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.post #12 of 479/13/10 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by matthewh133
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.
Yeah because it's a 50% increase in price, here is over 300% increase. I'd say it was worth it of those were t he prices here.post #13 of 479/13/10 at 8:21pmpost #14 of 479/13/10 at 8:44pmpost #15 of 479/13/10 at 10:37pm
hahaha, true! Get one of those custom paint jobs on it and you can be rockin' Deoxys head.
- Pre-order beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best gear for listening to classical music... 35 seconds ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 1 minute ago
- › JVC FX850 Trebs are REALLY fatiguing?? 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 vs HiFi-M8 for travel rig 3 minutes ago
- › Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Best format for ripping CD's 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2