They are on pre order for $265 on amazon should I?
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Crash course headphones help. Last post on 7/15/10 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bad headphones... Last post on 9/27/10 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 5/5/13 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats By Dre Tour Headphones - Want to replace earbud tips, what's best/will fit? Last post on 7/10/10 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Pre-order beats propost #1 of 478/26/10 at 9:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 478/26/10 at 9:25pm
I placed an order for a pair last week just in case they turn out to be amazing! I think they'll put the price back up when they're released, so you best bet to grab one now while they're $265. They look very promising though...I don't doubt Monster at all. Hopefully, they turn out to be much better than Beats By Dre.post #3 of 478/26/10 at 10:14pmpost #4 of 478/26/10 at 10:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 479/13/10 at 3:26pmpost #6 of 479/13/10 at 5:14pmQuote:
That's highly speculative talk right there.We don't really know wow they will sound until we get them. Not to mention the original beats aren't worth their price at all.
You can honestly get better headphones for much cheaper. If you buy for looks then your wasting money, plain and simple.post #7 of 479/13/10 at 5:19pm
There are much better headphones for a lot cheaper. Simple as that. Judging by the originals, the jump in quality would have to be megasuperlargemassive to justify the price tag for these things.
post #8 of 479/13/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Funny thing this was said by the guy with AD900s in his avatar. ;D
Always thought the small jump you make from the AD700 to the 900 never justified the price I'd rather save a bit more for the AD2000's.post #9 of 479/13/10 at 6:18pmpost #10 of 479/13/10 at 7:26pm
Didn't get to use them to long, maybe 15mins. Didn't noticed to much difference. Especially not more then more 3times the price worth. Then again 15minutes is hardly enough time to make a definitive judgement.
And Small jump is not what I meant, it was better and it is in no way a bad headphone. But much like the beats I just couldn't justify that price. Maybe it was the source but my ears have never really been one for the AD's anyway, so it's possible it was just prejudice on my part.
I do acknowledge them for being decent especially in their more specialized uses. I'm just more of a colour junkie, and eventually if I listen to a genre I'm gonna have a headphone that colours nicely to that genre. AD700/900's just don't do that for me.
Edited by SoSpecial - 9/13/10 at 7:33pmpost #11 of 479/13/10 at 7:50pm
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.post #12 of 479/13/10 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by matthewh133
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.
Yeah because it's a 50% increase in price, here is over 300% increase. I'd say it was worth it of those were t he prices here.post #13 of 479/13/10 at 8:21pmpost #14 of 479/13/10 at 8:44pmpost #15 of 479/13/10 at 10:37pm
hahaha, true! Get one of those custom paint jobs on it and you can be rockin' Deoxys head.
- Pre-order beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 4 minutes ago
- › The price curve for headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 5 minutes ago
- › Favorite Movies Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › Electrostatics and having a lot of electricity around your head. 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)