They are on pre order for $265 on amazon should I?
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Crash course headphones help. Last post on 7/15/10 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bad headphones... Last post on 9/27/10 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats By Dre Tour Headphones - Want to replace earbud tips, what's best/will fit? Last post on 7/10/10 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
Pre-order beats propost #1 of 478/26/10 at 9:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 478/26/10 at 9:25pm
I placed an order for a pair last week just in case they turn out to be amazing! I think they'll put the price back up when they're released, so you best bet to grab one now while they're $265. They look very promising though...I don't doubt Monster at all. Hopefully, they turn out to be much better than Beats By Dre.post #3 of 478/26/10 at 10:14pmpost #4 of 478/26/10 at 10:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 479/13/10 at 3:26pmpost #6 of 479/13/10 at 5:14pmQuote:
That's highly speculative talk right there.We don't really know wow they will sound until we get them. Not to mention the original beats aren't worth their price at all.
You can honestly get better headphones for much cheaper. If you buy for looks then your wasting money, plain and simple.post #7 of 479/13/10 at 5:19pm
There are much better headphones for a lot cheaper. Simple as that. Judging by the originals, the jump in quality would have to be megasuperlargemassive to justify the price tag for these things.
post #8 of 479/13/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Funny thing this was said by the guy with AD900s in his avatar. ;D
Always thought the small jump you make from the AD700 to the 900 never justified the price I'd rather save a bit more for the AD2000's.post #9 of 479/13/10 at 6:18pmpost #10 of 479/13/10 at 7:26pm
Didn't get to use them to long, maybe 15mins. Didn't noticed to much difference. Especially not more then more 3times the price worth. Then again 15minutes is hardly enough time to make a definitive judgement.
And Small jump is not what I meant, it was better and it is in no way a bad headphone. But much like the beats I just couldn't justify that price. Maybe it was the source but my ears have never really been one for the AD's anyway, so it's possible it was just prejudice on my part.
I do acknowledge them for being decent especially in their more specialized uses. I'm just more of a colour junkie, and eventually if I listen to a genre I'm gonna have a headphone that colours nicely to that genre. AD700/900's just don't do that for me.
Edited by SoSpecial - 9/13/10 at 7:33pmpost #11 of 479/13/10 at 7:50pm
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.post #12 of 479/13/10 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by matthewh133
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.
Yeah because it's a 50% increase in price, here is over 300% increase. I'd say it was worth it of those were t he prices here.post #13 of 479/13/10 at 8:21pmpost #14 of 479/13/10 at 8:44pmpost #15 of 479/13/10 at 10:37pm
hahaha, true! Get one of those custom paint jobs on it and you can be rockin' Deoxys head.
- Pre-order beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 41 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE-x Pro Custom; Appreciation, Review & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The State of the Flagships 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D5000 3 minutes ago
- › Discussion for next Florida meet 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Yulong's new DA8 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2