They are on pre order for $265 on amazon should I?
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Crash course headphones help. Last post on 7/15/10 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bad headphones... Last post on 9/27/10 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 4/14/15 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats By Dre Tour Headphones - Want to replace earbud tips, what's best/will fit? Last post on 7/10/10 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Pre-order beats propost #1 of 478/26/10 at 9:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 478/26/10 at 9:25pm
I placed an order for a pair last week just in case they turn out to be amazing! I think they'll put the price back up when they're released, so you best bet to grab one now while they're $265. They look very promising though...I don't doubt Monster at all. Hopefully, they turn out to be much better than Beats By Dre.post #3 of 478/26/10 at 10:14pmpost #4 of 478/26/10 at 10:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 479/13/10 at 3:26pmpost #6 of 479/13/10 at 5:14pmQuote:
That's highly speculative talk right there.We don't really know wow they will sound until we get them. Not to mention the original beats aren't worth their price at all.
You can honestly get better headphones for much cheaper. If you buy for looks then your wasting money, plain and simple.post #7 of 479/13/10 at 5:19pm
There are much better headphones for a lot cheaper. Simple as that. Judging by the originals, the jump in quality would have to be megasuperlargemassive to justify the price tag for these things.
post #8 of 479/13/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Funny thing this was said by the guy with AD900s in his avatar. ;D
Always thought the small jump you make from the AD700 to the 900 never justified the price I'd rather save a bit more for the AD2000's.post #9 of 479/13/10 at 6:18pmpost #10 of 479/13/10 at 7:26pm
Didn't get to use them to long, maybe 15mins. Didn't noticed to much difference. Especially not more then more 3times the price worth. Then again 15minutes is hardly enough time to make a definitive judgement.
And Small jump is not what I meant, it was better and it is in no way a bad headphone. But much like the beats I just couldn't justify that price. Maybe it was the source but my ears have never really been one for the AD's anyway, so it's possible it was just prejudice on my part.
I do acknowledge them for being decent especially in their more specialized uses. I'm just more of a colour junkie, and eventually if I listen to a genre I'm gonna have a headphone that colours nicely to that genre. AD700/900's just don't do that for me.
Edited by SoSpecial - 9/13/10 at 7:33pmpost #11 of 479/13/10 at 7:50pm
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.post #12 of 479/13/10 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by matthewh133
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.
Yeah because it's a 50% increase in price, here is over 300% increase. I'd say it was worth it of those were t he prices here.post #13 of 479/13/10 at 8:21pmpost #14 of 479/13/10 at 8:44pmpost #15 of 479/13/10 at 10:37pm
hahaha, true! Get one of those custom paint jobs on it and you can be rockin' Deoxys head.
- Pre-order beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 seconds ago
- › Diagnosing Harsh / Metallic setup. Formerly: Choosing between... 11 seconds ago
- › Meze 12 Classics review tour - worldwide reviewers wanted! 12 seconds ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 34 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 37 seconds ago
- › Want to Control Speakers/Sub and Headphones Through Separate Volume... 47 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 1 minute ago
- › Koss PLUG Mods... WHOA!!! 1 minute ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...