They are on pre order for $265 on amazon should I?
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/27/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/27/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- Crash course headphones help. Last post on 7/15/10 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bad headphones... Last post on 9/27/10 at 12:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 4/14/15 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats By Dre Tour Headphones - Want to replace earbud tips, what's best/will fit? Last post on 7/10/10 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
It's Zmall, it's Zpacious, it's ZuperDAC, from Zorloo - The Review Website: zorloo.com Product details and Specs: LINK MSRP: $74 To read more about the original project, you may...
DUNU TITAN 3 Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807020/dunu-titan-3-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU’s Middle...
Review: Massdrop X HIFIMAN HE350 Introduction It has been such a vibrant time in the Massdrop landscape, as they have been able to create successful collaborations with respected...
INTRODUCTION This is my 2nd product from Shozy. I purchased Shozy Alien Gold Edition and loved the product so much so that I put my sincere appreciation of releasing such a great DAP to...
Pre-order beats propost #1 of 478/26/10 at 9:01pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 478/26/10 at 9:25pm
I placed an order for a pair last week just in case they turn out to be amazing! I think they'll put the price back up when they're released, so you best bet to grab one now while they're $265. They look very promising though...I don't doubt Monster at all. Hopefully, they turn out to be much better than Beats By Dre.post #3 of 478/26/10 at 10:14pmpost #4 of 478/26/10 at 10:17pmThread Starterpost #5 of 479/13/10 at 3:26pmpost #6 of 479/13/10 at 5:14pmQuote:
That's highly speculative talk right there.We don't really know wow they will sound until we get them. Not to mention the original beats aren't worth their price at all.
You can honestly get better headphones for much cheaper. If you buy for looks then your wasting money, plain and simple.post #7 of 479/13/10 at 5:19pm
There are much better headphones for a lot cheaper. Simple as that. Judging by the originals, the jump in quality would have to be megasuperlargemassive to justify the price tag for these things.
post #8 of 479/13/10 at 5:21pmQuote:
Funny thing this was said by the guy with AD900s in his avatar. ;D
Always thought the small jump you make from the AD700 to the 900 never justified the price I'd rather save a bit more for the AD2000's.post #9 of 479/13/10 at 6:18pmpost #10 of 479/13/10 at 7:26pm
Didn't get to use them to long, maybe 15mins. Didn't noticed to much difference. Especially not more then more 3times the price worth. Then again 15minutes is hardly enough time to make a definitive judgement.
And Small jump is not what I meant, it was better and it is in no way a bad headphone. But much like the beats I just couldn't justify that price. Maybe it was the source but my ears have never really been one for the AD's anyway, so it's possible it was just prejudice on my part.
I do acknowledge them for being decent especially in their more specialized uses. I'm just more of a colour junkie, and eventually if I listen to a genre I'm gonna have a headphone that colours nicely to that genre. AD700/900's just don't do that for me.
Edited by SoSpecial - 9/13/10 at 7:33pmpost #11 of 479/13/10 at 7:50pm
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.post #12 of 479/13/10 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by matthewh133
Yeah, sound is subjective and we will all have our varying opinions on the same piece of equipment, which is fair enough. I for one noticed a large difference from the AD700s.. though like you, there's others that only notice a small difference. What's most important is getting what sounds right to our ears and not some one elses Plus, I live in Australia where a set of AD700s are just under $200, whereas I got the ATH-AD900s for only $310, so to me at least, the jump in quality was 100% worth the extra $100.
Yeah because it's a 50% increase in price, here is over 300% increase. I'd say it was worth it of those were t he prices here.post #13 of 479/13/10 at 8:21pmpost #14 of 479/13/10 at 8:44pmpost #15 of 479/13/10 at 10:37pm
hahaha, true! Get one of those custom paint jobs on it and you can be rockin' Deoxys head.
- Pre-order beats pro
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Baldoor/Mrice E100 Frequency Graph...how's it look? 25 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › Ringing ears at night 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › fiio e18 kunlun not connecting to google nexus 6p 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse