New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Im a sailor now :) - Page 2

post #16 of 26

I recall one of the best quotes ever from my enlistment in the Marine Corps:

(Sergeant in front of a formation): "How many of you guys are virgins?"

-a few guys raise their hands

"You are not virgins any longer.  You've taken it from the B.G.W!!!"

 

*BGW translates to "big green weenie" to you civilians

 

As Yikes said, getting into the better "C" schools is a pretty competive ordeal.  Study hard, don't get caught, and best of luck with everything. 

post #17 of 26

Hooyah, and Congrats!! I was a Navy FMF Corpsman for 5 years. Loved every minute of it (well, every minute I was stationed with the marines). Enjoy your time in and savor the memories. I know I did...btw, in basic, how many people raised their hands when they were asked if they ever smoked pot?  :)

post #18 of 26

Congratulations!

post #19 of 26


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertad View Post

I graduated from RTC great lakes and now starting to get back into the swing of things on head fi hello head-fiers how are things going?!


hello sailor!

 

post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertad View Post

I graduated from RTC great lakes and now starting to get back into the swing of things on head fi hello head-fiers how are things going?!



Congratulations.

Remember September 19th you must talk this way to your superiors - http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

post #21 of 26

I'm not sure how they look at it now, but 30 years ago you weren't a Sailor until you'd actually been out to sea. You're what, a Seaman Recruit? Apprentice? maybe even a full Seaman? but a Sailor? not yet, you're preparing to become a Sailor.

 

Sailor - A sailor, mariner, or seaman is a person who navigates water-borne vessels or assists in their operation, maintenance, or service. (Seaman also refers to a USN rank)

 

But I'm just busting your chops, be sure to get a good set of Knee Pads

 

What !? As a junior enlisted person they spend a lot of time on their hands and knees washing and waxing floors.

post #22 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yikes View Post

I'm not sure how they look at it now, but 30 years ago you weren't a Sailor until you'd actually been out to sea. You're what, a Seaman Recruit? Apprentice? maybe even a full Seaman? but a Sailor? not yet, you're preparing to become a Sailor.

 

Sailor - A sailor, mariner, or seaman is a person who navigates water-borne vessels or assists in their operation, maintenance, or service. (Seaman also refers to a USN rank)

 

But I'm just busting your chops, be sure to get a good set of Knee Pads

 

What !? As a junior enlisted person they spend a lot of time on their hands and knees washing and waxing floors.



In the secret sevice known as the sub fleet we do things many vessels in our own navy couldnt even think of doing. We bring the fight to the enemys door step no matter how safe guarded they are we have the ability to go in and do what we do 24/7 365 a year we are out there always watching 

post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertad View Post





In the secret sevice known as the sub fleet we do things many vessels in our own navy couldnt even think of doing. We bring the fight to the enemys door step no matter how safe guarded they are we have the ability to go in and do what we do 24/7 365 a year we are out there always watching 




Dude! It's the "Silent Service", the Secret Service is a law enforcement agency. Your statement has me doubting that you've ever set foot on a submarine, much less actually been deployed.

I served in the Silent Service. I received my Dolphins while serving onboard the Sam Rayburn SSBN-635 (Gold Crew), if I remember correctly that was in 1983.
post #24 of 26
We can't all be Marines but at least you get to hang out with us every now and then! ;)

Messing with ya, congrats man and thanks for your service!
post #25 of 26
Thread Starter 

Tridents are awesome i love ther shedule being married but id like to see the world in a fast attack sub

post #26 of 26

Fast Attacks, all the disadvantages of Submarine duty and also all the disadvantages of being attached to a Carrier Group. Boomer duty is some of the best regular duty in the Navy, Fast Attack duty is some of the worst. At least that's how it was 25 years ago. The first Trident boat (Which had it's sea trials while I was stationed in Grotton CT.) is no longer a SSBN, it's a freaking SSGN. Ah.... memories.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home