I decided to start a new thread because no one answered in my last one. What do you guys think - which one is better?
- brandAltec Lansingtagged by System, 8/25/10
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 8/25/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/25/10
- brandPhilipstagged by System, 8/25/10
- productPhilips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acousticstagged by System, 8/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Philips SHE9850 Last post on 1/11/15 at 4:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable & durable Headphones for busrides?! Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rainny Day Headphones? Last post on 10/26/11 at 9:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- the philips shl5500: natural sounding can. Last post on 2/14/14 at 11:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Altec Lansing im716 vs Philips she9850post #1 of 28/24/10 at 5:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/24/10 at 5:25pm
Just so you are aware, I haven't heard either of these, but from what I have read, that Altec Lansing has some Etymotic research backing it... Etymotic is an audiologist company, and their earphones have the most natural frequency response of any that I have heard, ie. perfect vocals, just enough treble and bass, very realistic. The Phillips, in comparison, may be more 'musical' enhancing certain parts of the audible spectrum.
If I where you I would get the Etymotic Mc5... It is natural, and has better isolation than any other earphone on the market, The driver is durably enclosed in aluminum, and the cable is high quality memory free mylar.
The Etymotic Hf5 looks very similar to that Altec... It has durability issues though, that's why I would get the Mc5, as they sound very similar, and the Mc5 is only $80.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Altec Lansing im716 vs Philips she9850
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Urbanite XL Impressions? 2 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DAC Amp HA200 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 8 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 9 minutes ago
- › Aune S16 dac and headphone amp 9 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3