I decided to start a new thread because no one answered in my last one. What do you guys think - which one is better?
- brandAltec Lansingtagged by System, 8/25/10
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 8/25/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/25/10
- brandPhilipstagged by System, 8/25/10
- productPhilips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acousticstagged by System, 8/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Philips SHE9850 Last post on 9/25/12 at 4:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable & durable Headphones for busrides?! Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rainny Day Headphones? Last post on 10/26/11 at 9:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- the philips shl5500: natural sounding can. Last post on 2/14/14 at 11:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
Altec Lansing im716 vs Philips she9850post #1 of 28/24/10 at 5:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/24/10 at 5:25pm
Just so you are aware, I haven't heard either of these, but from what I have read, that Altec Lansing has some Etymotic research backing it... Etymotic is an audiologist company, and their earphones have the most natural frequency response of any that I have heard, ie. perfect vocals, just enough treble and bass, very realistic. The Phillips, in comparison, may be more 'musical' enhancing certain parts of the audible spectrum.
If I where you I would get the Etymotic Mc5... It is natural, and has better isolation than any other earphone on the market, The driver is durably enclosed in aluminum, and the cable is high quality memory free mylar.
The Etymotic Hf5 looks very similar to that Altec... It has durability issues though, that's why I would get the Mc5, as they sound very similar, and the Mc5 is only $80.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Altec Lansing im716 vs Philips she9850
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Destiny 5 seconds ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 8 seconds ago
- › worst date stories 46 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 3 minutes ago
- › stolen lost shure e5s!?!?!? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)