I decided to start a new thread because no one answered in my last one. What do you guys think - which one is better?
- brandAltec Lansingtagged by System, 8/25/10
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 8/25/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/25/10
- brandPhilipstagged by System, 8/25/10
- productPhilips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acousticstagged by System, 8/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Philips SHE9850 Last post on 1/11/15 at 4:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable & durable Headphones for busrides?! Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rainny Day Headphones? Last post on 10/26/11 at 9:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- the philips shl5500: natural sounding can. Last post on 3/14/16 at 5:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Altec Lansing im716 vs Philips she9850post #1 of 28/24/10 at 5:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/24/10 at 5:25pm
Just so you are aware, I haven't heard either of these, but from what I have read, that Altec Lansing has some Etymotic research backing it... Etymotic is an audiologist company, and their earphones have the most natural frequency response of any that I have heard, ie. perfect vocals, just enough treble and bass, very realistic. The Phillips, in comparison, may be more 'musical' enhancing certain parts of the audible spectrum.
If I where you I would get the Etymotic Mc5... It is natural, and has better isolation than any other earphone on the market, The driver is durably enclosed in aluminum, and the cable is high quality memory free mylar.
The Etymotic Hf5 looks very similar to that Altec... It has durability issues though, that's why I would get the Mc5, as they sound very similar, and the Mc5 is only $80.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Altec Lansing im716 vs Philips she9850
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Sony PHA-2A portable DAC 1 second ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 40 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details of design, features and specifications on 1st page. ... 2 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › C&C BH2 Portable Amp 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear