I decided to start a new thread because no one answered in my last one. What do you guys think - which one is better?
- brandAltec Lansingtagged by System, 8/25/10
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 8/25/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/25/10
- brandPhilipstagged by System, 8/25/10
- productPhilips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acousticstagged by System, 8/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Philips SHE9850 Last post on 1/11/15 at 4:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable & durable Headphones for busrides?! Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rainny Day Headphones? Last post on 10/26/11 at 9:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- the philips shl5500: natural sounding can. Last post on 3/14/16 at 5:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
Altec Lansing im716 vs Philips she9850post #1 of 28/24/10 at 5:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/24/10 at 5:25pm
Just so you are aware, I haven't heard either of these, but from what I have read, that Altec Lansing has some Etymotic research backing it... Etymotic is an audiologist company, and their earphones have the most natural frequency response of any that I have heard, ie. perfect vocals, just enough treble and bass, very realistic. The Phillips, in comparison, may be more 'musical' enhancing certain parts of the audible spectrum.
If I where you I would get the Etymotic Mc5... It is natural, and has better isolation than any other earphone on the market, The driver is durably enclosed in aluminum, and the cable is high quality memory free mylar.
The Etymotic Hf5 looks very similar to that Altec... It has durability issues though, that's why I would get the Mc5, as they sound very similar, and the Mc5 is only $80.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Altec Lansing im716 vs Philips she9850
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge just now
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Cartoon Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 7 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 8 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 10 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...