I decided to start a new thread because no one answered in my last one. What do you guys think - which one is better?
- brandAltec Lansingtagged by System, 8/25/10
- productAltec Lansing inMotion iM716tagged by System, 8/25/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/25/10
- brandPhilipstagged by System, 8/25/10
- productPhilips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acousticstagged by System, 8/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Philips SHE9850 Last post on 1/11/15 at 4:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable & durable Headphones for busrides?! Last post on 1/9/12 at 7:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rainny Day Headphones? Last post on 10/26/11 at 9:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- the philips shl5500: natural sounding can. Last post on 2/14/14 at 11:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
Altec Lansing im716 vs Philips she9850post #1 of 28/24/10 at 5:08pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 28/24/10 at 5:25pm
Just so you are aware, I haven't heard either of these, but from what I have read, that Altec Lansing has some Etymotic research backing it... Etymotic is an audiologist company, and their earphones have the most natural frequency response of any that I have heard, ie. perfect vocals, just enough treble and bass, very realistic. The Phillips, in comparison, may be more 'musical' enhancing certain parts of the audible spectrum.
If I where you I would get the Etymotic Mc5... It is natural, and has better isolation than any other earphone on the market, The driver is durably enclosed in aluminum, and the cable is high quality memory free mylar.
The Etymotic Hf5 looks very similar to that Altec... It has durability issues though, that's why I would get the Mc5, as they sound very similar, and the Mc5 is only $80.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Altec Lansing im716 vs Philips she9850
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 1 second ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Linum `Music` 2pin cable 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Nice Competition: Alclair, Native DSD, Music Direct & iFi Audio... 5 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 7 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3