- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/24/10
- productUltimate Ears MetroFi 200 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productUltimate Ears UE 5 Protagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- backbeat titanium Last post on 10/13/11 at 8:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ultimate ears question Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 500 Vs UE 600 Vs Metrofi 220 Last post on 4/6/12 at 7:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So my Ultimate Ears Just died :( Time for a replacement! :D Last post on 5/15/11 at 2:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears warranty going to help me out? Or am I crap out of luck? Last post on 4/5/11 at 1:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
NEW ULTIMATE EARS !!! (600/500/350/200)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
well...everyone has a opinion
don't think so...the specs are pretty hi...i think they might use some new BA or they skipped to dynamic drivers ...who knows
Logitech Logo on UE Earphones. I can see it coming, but I still can't accept it.
Anyway, the spec of 600 is slightly different from SF5. It has a wider frequency response range and is slightly lighter in weight.
the ue 600 have a frequency response of 20hz -20khz vs sf5 with 15hz -15khz....or might it not be the real specs ?!
Don't trust specs but it's also $90 cheaper than the 5. May be revoiced also so it's definitely worth a listen and I wouldn't put ant significance to the 700 price. It's a 2 way so should cost more than the 600 or 5(overpriced?) did but until someone hears a 600 it's all speculation as to how they compare. The 500 looks to be a dynamic.
My guess is that it's better marketing to change models than it is to 1/2 the price of a current model. It's also an opportunity to tweak but of course we don't know that.
Edited by goodvibes - 8/24/10 at 7:47am
The UE 700 isn't a $100 IEM. The lowest I can reliably find it is about $140 (i.e. from a vendor, not taking chances on ebay). However, they did seem to lower the msrp of the 700 from $200 to $150, because I don't remember it costing less than the superfi 5. I do like them, however.
What it actually looks like to me, is that they dropped the Superfi 5, or more accurately, they renamed the Superfi 5 to 600. This way, if anyone talks about superfi 5 in the future, it will be understood that it has a mic and control button (aka the vi version). I think they wanted to do away with the ambiguity of general public saying "Oh, you should get the superfi 5, I just bought them and they sound great, plus they have a mic so I can answer my iphone!" Then, when friends go to Best Buy or whatever and buy a pair of superfi 5's, they come home and are confused as to not having the controls. This doesn't explain why there is a 500 and a 500vi being introduced, though. Maybe they just use the superfi 5 housing and have new drivers?
I don't like how there's a metrofi, superfi, and "hundreds" line now. It makes it annoying to have to research to find out what's going on. How does the superfi 3 compare to the ue 350? metrofi 220 to the ue 200? Make your lineup convoluted enough, and I'll just go somewhere else. I don't have time to learn the intricacies of your advertising.
- NEW ULTIMATE EARS !!! (600/500/350/200)
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 9 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 14 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 15 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 27 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob