- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/24/10
- productUltimate Ears MetroFi 200 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productUltimate Ears UE 5 Protagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- backbeat titanium Last post on 10/13/11 at 8:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ultimate ears question Last post on 10/11/11 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE 500 Vs UE 600 Vs Metrofi 220 Last post on 4/6/12 at 7:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- So my Ultimate Ears Just died :( Time for a replacement! :D Last post on 5/15/11 at 2:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears warranty going to help me out? Or am I crap out of luck? Last post on 4/5/11 at 1:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
NEW ULTIMATE EARS !!! (600/500/350/200)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
well...everyone has a opinion
don't think so...the specs are pretty hi...i think they might use some new BA or they skipped to dynamic drivers ...who knows
Logitech Logo on UE Earphones. I can see it coming, but I still can't accept it.
Anyway, the spec of 600 is slightly different from SF5. It has a wider frequency response range and is slightly lighter in weight.
the ue 600 have a frequency response of 20hz -20khz vs sf5 with 15hz -15khz....or might it not be the real specs ?!
Don't trust specs but it's also $90 cheaper than the 5. May be revoiced also so it's definitely worth a listen and I wouldn't put ant significance to the 700 price. It's a 2 way so should cost more than the 600 or 5(overpriced?) did but until someone hears a 600 it's all speculation as to how they compare. The 500 looks to be a dynamic.
My guess is that it's better marketing to change models than it is to 1/2 the price of a current model. It's also an opportunity to tweak but of course we don't know that.
Edited by goodvibes - 8/24/10 at 7:47am
The UE 700 isn't a $100 IEM. The lowest I can reliably find it is about $140 (i.e. from a vendor, not taking chances on ebay). However, they did seem to lower the msrp of the 700 from $200 to $150, because I don't remember it costing less than the superfi 5. I do like them, however.
What it actually looks like to me, is that they dropped the Superfi 5, or more accurately, they renamed the Superfi 5 to 600. This way, if anyone talks about superfi 5 in the future, it will be understood that it has a mic and control button (aka the vi version). I think they wanted to do away with the ambiguity of general public saying "Oh, you should get the superfi 5, I just bought them and they sound great, plus they have a mic so I can answer my iphone!" Then, when friends go to Best Buy or whatever and buy a pair of superfi 5's, they come home and are confused as to not having the controls. This doesn't explain why there is a 500 and a 500vi being introduced, though. Maybe they just use the superfi 5 housing and have new drivers?
I don't like how there's a metrofi, superfi, and "hundreds" line now. It makes it annoying to have to research to find out what's going on. How does the superfi 3 compare to the ue 350? metrofi 220 to the ue 200? Make your lineup convoluted enough, and I'll just go somewhere else. I don't have time to learn the intricacies of your advertising.
- NEW ULTIMATE EARS !!! (600/500/350/200)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Head-Direct RE-400 13 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8323 Modding 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › So Paul Walker passed away 3 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi