I live in Asia. That means getting my hands on IEMs like Westone is a very hard issue. Took me awhile just to look for a store that sells IEMs. I got my Westones sent to USA in March. Just recently I only have the chance to get it back. I agree with you. Westones have better SQ. But durability wise is incredibly flimsy. By the way, I've auditioned to the Sony XBA3. Impressive. That is all I can say.
Related Forum Threads
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best build quality ? Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- choosing IEM dilemma Last post on 2/15/11 at 7:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- new iem upgrade from sennheiser ie 8 Last post on 1/15/11 at 3:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 3 vs Shure 535 Last post on 3/21/11 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Shure se425 vs Westone UM2? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 209/19/12 at 5:36ampost #18 of 209/20/12 at 1:00pmQuote:
If purchased from an authorized dealer, I'm pretty sure Westone warranty is 2 years.post #19 of 209/24/12 at 6:22ampost #20 of 209/24/12 at 2:43pm
Have you checked all of the contents of the box?
Every pair of Westone IEMs I've bought have come with a registration card that increases the warranty to 2 years.
Then again, they might have a completely different policy regarding Asia. Unlike yourself, I've found Westone IEMs very durable though.
Edited by TCD1975 - 9/24/12 at 2:46pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure se425 vs Westone UM2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › HM-901 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › 2013 Colorado (Denver) Summer Meet 6/22 6 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with crazy low prices (including... 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 7 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Luxman P700u Headphone Amplifier Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Reccomendations please 12 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe