I live in Asia. That means getting my hands on IEMs like Westone is a very hard issue. Took me awhile just to look for a store that sells IEMs. I got my Westones sent to USA in March. Just recently I only have the chance to get it back. I agree with you. Westones have better SQ. But durability wise is incredibly flimsy. By the way, I've auditioned to the Sony XBA3. Impressive. That is all I can say.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/24/10
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 8/24/10
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 4/4/11
- brandWestonetagged by System, 8/24/10
- productWestone UM2 stage monitorstagged by System, 8/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Moving on from UM3X - what next? Last post on 6/28/12 at 12:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- choosing IEM dilemma Last post on 2/15/11 at 7:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Deciding problem Last post on 8/22/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Trying to choose between Shure SE series or the Sony XBA series Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Shure se425 vs Westone UM2? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 209/19/12 at 5:36ampost #18 of 209/20/12 at 1:00pmQuote:
If purchased from an authorized dealer, I'm pretty sure Westone warranty is 2 years.post #19 of 209/24/12 at 6:22ampost #20 of 209/24/12 at 2:43pm
Have you checked all of the contents of the box?
Every pair of Westone IEMs I've bought have come with a registration card that increases the warranty to 2 years.
Then again, they might have a completely different policy regarding Asia. Unlike yourself, I've found Westone IEMs very durable though.
Edited by TCD1975 - 9/24/12 at 2:46pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure se425 vs Westone UM2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2