i have the older model, where when worn over the ear, the channels are reversed. are there any jacks or cable that could perhaps remedy this, as with the cable to switch around both sides on the newer models? those are balanced though, so i cant use them...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 5/19/15 at 1:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earphones For Sansa Clip+? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- RE-262 vs E-Q7 Last post on 8/20/12 at 5:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 86211/20/13 at 3:23pmpost #813 of 86212/4/13 at 1:16pmpost #814 of 86212/4/13 at 8:25pmpost #815 of 8622/2/14 at 8:03amQuote:
after 2 weeks with RE-262,RE-272,EQ-5 i want to congratulate once again the folks at hifiman for giving us these 2 fantastic iems
all 3 are good , but there is some extra magic in both the 262 and the 272 , compared to the eq-5
the good thing is that all 3 have different sound signatures and don't sound alike
the major difference is that EQ-5 sounds very 'in your face' , like you are on the 1st row of a concert , sometimes i wish it was a bit more laid back (272 sounds like it is on the 3rd row and 262 on the 5th row)
262 is very sweet and mid-centric , and the use of the arrow 4G amp really opens it up - for 100$ i don't think there is a better iem - it completely destroys re-400 , imho
272 - well i have this baby almost 2.5 years and i still love it - lean,mean and eager to please. while 262 focus on the mids , 272 is more analytical and departs from the mid-focused presentation and the sound is so clear with ZERO sibilance - i don't know how they do it but it works
technically 272 is a better iem than the 262 - but the 262 sounds more sweet and warm , so this is a great combo
it reminds me of the stockton/malone duo in the 90s Utah Jazz - these 2 complient each other so well.
eq-5 hasn't really won me completely yet , but i guess it's too early this thing is still on the 'burn-in' level
hifiman , bring back 262/272 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by proedros - 2/2/14 at 8:04ampost #816 of 8622/6/14 at 8:09pm
back from the future - nice one Benny i just tried this EQ proposal of yours
Quote:Originally Posted by Bennyboy71
For those lucky few of you who are pairing the RE262 with your Cowon J3, here are the custom EQ settings I am using. I am running the J3 with a Headstage Arrow amp too, but you should still get beautiful sounding noises even if you're sonicventuring unamped. Feel free to try these and tell me I'm an idiot though, cos chances are my ears don't hear like yours....
80hz - wide - 0
300hz - wide - 0
1.1khz - wide - 2
3.0khz - wide - 3
13khz - wide - 3
3D Surround Off
MP Enhance On
Stereo Enhance 4
Certainly sound forking fantastic to me. Gotta love the synergy of the J3 and the 262s - chuck an Arrow into the mix and you got a menage a trois only slightly less delicious than that dream I had the other night involving Liv Tyler and Audrey Tautou.
p.s. Props due to Proedros and his golden ears for suggesting settings in the first place that I merely tweaked a little to my own tastes and posted here under the pretense that I'm a stonecold genius. Which I am.post #817 of 8622/13/14 at 7:12amJust traded for some 262s, sold my e17 a while back, still have an iPod touch 2g. So suggestions for a portable for these? Would an all in one dap like the fiio x3 work? Or, portable amp suggestions welcome! Thanks in advancepost #818 of 8622/14/14 at 9:01pmpost #819 of 8622/15/14 at 1:46ampost #820 of 8622/15/14 at 10:11pmpost #821 of 8622/20/14 at 5:57am
I sold my 262 a while back and it was one of my first good IEMs. I am interested to hear these again.
I remember they did not do very well without amp, and i bought the c421 just to get more out of them. I still did not like them that much, but maybe it was how i felt at the time. I do remember hearing them at my friends place with his desktop amp + DAC (forgot what they were), and it sounded AMAZING, unfortunately i found it did not pair as well with my amp at the time.
I own the RE400 now, and love how they sound without amp (but i don't get much more out of them with amp). Great IEM, but it just doesn't sound as smooth as my memory of the 262.post #822 of 8622/20/14 at 9:24ampost #823 of 8622/21/14 at 6:59pmHave had a few days now with mine, unamped for now. Runnning off an iPod touch 2g, I gotta say, I am thourougly happy with these, ya they could use a touch more treble, but those mids, oh those mids. And they seem to have a better soundstage than my re400s I had. I miss the 400s nuetrality and utter flatness, but much prefer this mid centric 262, using comply ts400s btw. Looking to get a portable amp, but not sure which one yet. I want a semi endgame portable just for these, because these are my "forever" iems for now.post #824 of 8622/21/14 at 8:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by hemipowered007
Have had a few days now with mine, unamped for now. Runnning off an iPod touch 2g, I gotta say, I am thourougly happy with these, ya they could use a touch more treble, but those mids, oh those mids. And they seem to have a better soundstage than my re400s I had. I miss the 400s nuetrality and utter flatness, but much prefer this mid centric 262, using comply ts400s btw. Looking to get a portable amp, but not sure which one yet. I want a semi endgame portable just for these, because these are my "forever" iems for now.
using comply tips muffles the highs even more - try something else tip-wise
I also have the 262 and my arrow 4G does the job for me - tightens the sound and opens the highs - check it out , fantastic amp, tiny and neutral soundwise so it pairs well for the already sweet/lush and midcentric 262
imho , 262 >>>>> 400 - a shame Hifiman discontinued these babies....post #825 of 8622/21/14 at 8:31pmI'm using the conplys simply because my ears find them the most comfortable. I played around with a few other tips and got other results, but so far the comply hits the spot for comfort, even if I lose a little. But, ill keep swappin.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 38 seconds ago
- › The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend! 4 minutes ago
- › *NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio - Performance Series... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear