i have the older model, where when worn over the ear, the channels are reversed. are there any jacks or cable that could perhaps remedy this, as with the cable to switch around both sides on the newer models? those are balanced though, so i cant use them...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earphones For Sansa Clip+? Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- RE-262 vs E-Q7 Last post on 8/20/12 at 5:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 85411/20/13 at 3:23pmpost #813 of 85412/4/13 at 1:16pmpost #814 of 85412/4/13 at 8:25pmpost #815 of 8542/2/14 at 8:03amQuote:
after 2 weeks with RE-262,RE-272,EQ-5 i want to congratulate once again the folks at hifiman for giving us these 2 fantastic iems
all 3 are good , but there is some extra magic in both the 262 and the 272 , compared to the eq-5
the good thing is that all 3 have different sound signatures and don't sound alike
the major difference is that EQ-5 sounds very 'in your face' , like you are on the 1st row of a concert , sometimes i wish it was a bit more laid back (272 sounds like it is on the 3rd row and 262 on the 5th row)
262 is very sweet and mid-centric , and the use of the arrow 4G amp really opens it up - for 100$ i don't think there is a better iem - it completely destroys re-400 , imho
272 - well i have this baby almost 2.5 years and i still love it - lean,mean and eager to please. while 262 focus on the mids , 272 is more analytical and departs from the mid-focused presentation and the sound is so clear with ZERO sibilance - i don't know how they do it but it works
technically 272 is a better iem than the 262 - but the 262 sounds more sweet and warm , so this is a great combo
it reminds me of the stockton/malone duo in the 90s Utah Jazz - these 2 complient each other so well.
eq-5 hasn't really won me completely yet , but i guess it's too early this thing is still on the 'burn-in' level
hifiman , bring back 262/272 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by proedros - 2/2/14 at 8:04ampost #816 of 8542/6/14 at 8:09pm
back from the future - nice one Benny i just tried this EQ proposal of yours
Quote:Originally Posted by Bennyboy71
For those lucky few of you who are pairing the RE262 with your Cowon J3, here are the custom EQ settings I am using. I am running the J3 with a Headstage Arrow amp too, but you should still get beautiful sounding noises even if you're sonicventuring unamped. Feel free to try these and tell me I'm an idiot though, cos chances are my ears don't hear like yours....
80hz - wide - 0
300hz - wide - 0
1.1khz - wide - 2
3.0khz - wide - 3
13khz - wide - 3
3D Surround Off
MP Enhance On
Stereo Enhance 4
Certainly sound forking fantastic to me. Gotta love the synergy of the J3 and the 262s - chuck an Arrow into the mix and you got a menage a trois only slightly less delicious than that dream I had the other night involving Liv Tyler and Audrey Tautou.
p.s. Props due to Proedros and his golden ears for suggesting settings in the first place that I merely tweaked a little to my own tastes and posted here under the pretense that I'm a stonecold genius. Which I am.post #817 of 8542/13/14 at 7:12amJust traded for some 262s, sold my e17 a while back, still have an iPod touch 2g. So suggestions for a portable for these? Would an all in one dap like the fiio x3 work? Or, portable amp suggestions welcome! Thanks in advancepost #818 of 8542/14/14 at 9:01pmpost #819 of 8542/15/14 at 1:46ampost #820 of 8542/15/14 at 10:11pmpost #821 of 8542/20/14 at 5:57am
I sold my 262 a while back and it was one of my first good IEMs. I am interested to hear these again.
I remember they did not do very well without amp, and i bought the c421 just to get more out of them. I still did not like them that much, but maybe it was how i felt at the time. I do remember hearing them at my friends place with his desktop amp + DAC (forgot what they were), and it sounded AMAZING, unfortunately i found it did not pair as well with my amp at the time.
I own the RE400 now, and love how they sound without amp (but i don't get much more out of them with amp). Great IEM, but it just doesn't sound as smooth as my memory of the 262.post #822 of 8542/20/14 at 9:24ampost #823 of 8542/21/14 at 6:59pmHave had a few days now with mine, unamped for now. Runnning off an iPod touch 2g, I gotta say, I am thourougly happy with these, ya they could use a touch more treble, but those mids, oh those mids. And they seem to have a better soundstage than my re400s I had. I miss the 400s nuetrality and utter flatness, but much prefer this mid centric 262, using comply ts400s btw. Looking to get a portable amp, but not sure which one yet. I want a semi endgame portable just for these, because these are my "forever" iems for now.post #824 of 8542/21/14 at 8:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by hemipowered007
Have had a few days now with mine, unamped for now. Runnning off an iPod touch 2g, I gotta say, I am thourougly happy with these, ya they could use a touch more treble, but those mids, oh those mids. And they seem to have a better soundstage than my re400s I had. I miss the 400s nuetrality and utter flatness, but much prefer this mid centric 262, using comply ts400s btw. Looking to get a portable amp, but not sure which one yet. I want a semi endgame portable just for these, because these are my "forever" iems for now.
using comply tips muffles the highs even more - try something else tip-wise
I also have the 262 and my arrow 4G does the job for me - tightens the sound and opens the highs - check it out , fantastic amp, tiny and neutral soundwise so it pairs well for the already sweet/lush and midcentric 262
imho , 262 >>>>> 400 - a shame Hifiman discontinued these babies....post #825 of 8542/21/14 at 8:31pmI'm using the conplys simply because my ears find them the most comfortable. I played around with a few other tips and got other results, but so far the comply hits the spot for comfort, even if I lose a little. But, ill keep swappin.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced 17 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 42 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 51 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 1 minute ago
- › What is an Audiophile, and what make headphones great? 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)