Well, maybe it just makes the quality of the source material more visible... Thats not a problem of the headphone I'd say ;-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread - Page 485post #7261 of 72844/15/14 at 1:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7262 of 72844/15/14 at 3:58pm
I haven't found that to be the case but as previously mentioned you need to look at your source (the music, player, amp and DAC). Your listening experience is only as good as the weakest link in your media chain. Also, less detailed headphones can sometimes mask source issues so when you use your T1, HD800, LCD etc. the defects become glaring issues.post #7263 of 72844/15/14 at 4:34pmFoobar,wasapi,hiface usb to coaxial and meier stageDac and Concerto....but the 192 sound like garbage...maybe it is what you get when you have a headphone that throughs you what you feed him...So its a equipment with no personality ??post #7264 of 72844/15/14 at 5:13pmpost #7265 of 72844/15/14 at 7:05pmpost #7266 of 72844/15/14 at 7:56pm
It"s not the headphones. Look elsewhere in your system. Youtube is a terrible sound source. You are probably hearing exactly what is on the source material. Less resolving headphones can make low quality material more bearable.post #7267 of 72844/16/14 at 1:16ampost #7268 of 72844/16/14 at 4:07am
What song are you trying to listen to from youtube or 192kbs?
If its got really elevated treble on the recording or its poorly recorded the T1 will show up those flaws, especially as its a brighter headphone itself.
Edited by UNIFi - 4/16/14 at 4:09ampost #7269 of 72844/16/14 at 6:00am
Maybe the fact is that we all don't hear the same... since it has to do with senses...It is like i have myopia in my eyes... :)
And since i am too bored to sell them and of course loose money, i got them before one week, i will try to buy another headphone for low quality music...
Which you think will do for this purpose?post #7270 of 72844/16/14 at 8:25am
Maybe you'll want to try out the Sennheiser Momentum, its a bit laid back and might sooth over bad quality source material a bit. While I've not heard toe NAD HP50 myself its said to be rather relaxed sounding and might also fit your bill.post #7271 of 72844/16/14 at 10:28ampost #7272 of 72844/16/14 at 10:39ampost #7273 of 72844/16/14 at 1:45pmQuote:
This, to my ears, is exactly what your (and my) rig should reproduce.
Meier gear is known to be extremely neutral.
Try setting the crossfeed on your Stagedac to maximum amplitude and delay, this should help make the soundstage more realistic ("in front of you").post #7274 of 72844/17/14 at 4:44am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 21 seconds ago
- › Etymotic ER-4PT *Mint* 56 seconds ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 1 minute ago
- › SPEAKER amp or dac.. HELP! 1 minute ago
- › Gaming headponhes/headsets. 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 5 minutes ago
- › Missing Warren Zevon 6 minutes ago
- › ROCK-HARD CANADIAN MAPLE HEADPHONES 10 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 10 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob