Well, maybe it just makes the quality of the source material more visible... Thats not a problem of the headphone I'd say ;-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread - Page 485post #7261 of 72734/15/14 at 1:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7262 of 72734/15/14 at 3:58pm
I haven't found that to be the case but as previously mentioned you need to look at your source (the music, player, amp and DAC). Your listening experience is only as good as the weakest link in your media chain. Also, less detailed headphones can sometimes mask source issues so when you use your T1, HD800, LCD etc. the defects become glaring issues.post #7263 of 72734/15/14 at 4:34pmFoobar,wasapi,hiface usb to coaxial and meier stageDac and Concerto....but the 192 sound like garbage...maybe it is what you get when you have a headphone that throughs you what you feed him...So its a equipment with no personality ??post #7264 of 72734/15/14 at 5:13pmpost #7265 of 72734/15/14 at 7:05pmpost #7266 of 72734/15/14 at 7:56pm
It"s not the headphones. Look elsewhere in your system. Youtube is a terrible sound source. You are probably hearing exactly what is on the source material. Less resolving headphones can make low quality material more bearable.post #7267 of 72734/16/14 at 1:16ampost #7268 of 72734/16/14 at 4:07am
What song are you trying to listen to from youtube or 192kbs?
If its got really elevated treble on the recording or its poorly recorded the T1 will show up those flaws, especially as its a brighter headphone itself.
Edited by UNIFi - Today at 4:09 ampost #7269 of 72734/16/14 at 6:00am
Maybe the fact is that we all don't hear the same... since it has to do with senses...It is like i have myopia in my eyes... :)
And since i am too bored to sell them and of course loose money, i got them before one week, i will try to buy another headphone for low quality music...
Which you think will do for this purpose?post #7270 of 72734/16/14 at 8:25am
Maybe you'll want to try out the Sennheiser Momentum, its a bit laid back and might sooth over bad quality source material a bit. While I've not heard toe NAD HP50 myself its said to be rather relaxed sounding and might also fit your bill.post #7271 of 72734/16/14 at 10:28ampost #7272 of 72734/16/14 at 10:39ampost #7273 of 72734/16/14 at 1:45pmQuote:
This, to my ears, is exactly what your (and my) rig should reproduce.
Meier gear is known to be extremely neutral.
Try setting the crossfeed on your Stagedac to maximum amplitude and delay, this should help make the soundstage more realistic ("in front of you").
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 57 seconds ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 1 minute ago
- › Woodify a Sony Mdr-7506 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 5 sound quality 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › What are the best Headphones under $200? 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob