Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread - Page 390

post #5836 of 7284

For me for Rock and Metal the recording quality is one of my later considerations for the music. I still enjoy a lot of poorly produced rock albums for the music that is on the, the LCD2 or HE-500 just gets the billing there. Especially old underground albums.

 

Still the better recorded albums blow my mind with their complexity. The T1 is superb for rock imo.

post #5837 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post

I love when my speakers and/or headphones reveal poor recordings...cause it means when the recording is good, it's going to sound glorious. That's exactly why I always seek out transducers that are as transparent as possible. It's not the T1s fault that the recording is crap! wink.gif

T1 is exactly the reason I'm looking for better quality recordings of albums in my collection. I never realize before I had bad recordings until T1 came along. Damn you T1. smily_headphones1.gif
post #5838 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post


T1 is exactly the reason I'm looking for better quality recordings of albums in my collection. I never realize before I had bad recordings until T1 came along. Damn you T1. smily_headphones1.gif

 

:D

post #5839 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

T1 is exactly the reason I'm looking for better quality recordings of albums in my collection. I never realize before I had bad recordings until T1 came along. Damn you T1. smily_headphones1.gif

Haha. I'm doing that lately (searching for good recordings) and now I know why! Thanks Headwacker!
post #5840 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post


T1 is exactly the reason I'm looking for better quality recordings of albums in my collection. I never realize before I had bad recordings until T1 came along. Damn you T1. smily_headphones1.gif

Case in point, pulled out the old Guns N' Roses CD "Appetite For Destruction," What a muddy crappy recording, I liked it better off cheap ear buds.  I like that album, maybe there is a better version out there, but I certainly don't have it.

post #5841 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

Case in point, pulled out the old Guns N' Roses CD "Appetite For Destruction," What a muddy crappy recording, I liked it better off cheap ear buds.  I like that album, maybe there is a better version out there, but I certainly don't have it.

The vinyl sounds pretty good :)

post #5842 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

The vinyl sounds pretty good :)

Thanks Brunk, now gotta have it :beyersmile:

post #5843 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

Case in point, pulled out the old Guns N' Roses CD "Appetite For Destruction," What a muddy crappy recording, I liked it better off cheap ear buds.  I like that album, maybe there is a better version out there, but I certainly don't have it.

 

Practically the only reason why I keep earbuds in my desk drawer. For those crappy recordings that you really just can't let go for sentimental reasons. 

post #5844 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZheadcase View Post
 

 

Practically the only reason why I keep earbuds in my desk drawer. For those crappy recordings that you really just can't let go for sentimental reasons. 

Good advice from Middle Earth :ksc75smile:

post #5845 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

Thanks Brunk, now gotta have it :beyersmile:

I see in your sig you have a vinyl rig? What'cha got? 

:popcorn:

post #5846 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

I see in your sig you have a vinyl rig? What'cha got? 

:popcorn:

Pro-Ject lll Debut>Ortofon Super OM20 (Rega Mat and Project Speedbox)>ADL GT-40 as a prephono

 

I'll upgrade eventually, just haven't decided by how much, as always the eternal audio question :ksc75smile:

post #5847 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

Pro-Ject lll Debut>Ortofon Super OM20 (Rega Mat and Project Speedbox)>ADL GT-40 as a prephono

 

I'll upgrade eventually, just haven't decided by how much, as always the eternal audio question :ksc75smile:

No need to go crazy with it though. IMO, I would first upgrade to a better MM cart, then a discrete phono pre. Those two things right there will transform your TT. Of course, you could always go nuts and plop down for a VPI Scout or if you have the inclination to DIY, one of these that will blow away anything costing less than $10k. The TT 1.5 / 2 is in my future :D 

post #5848 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

No need to go crazy with it though. IMO, I would first upgrade to a better MM cart, then a discrete phono pre. Those two things right there will transform your TT. Of course, you could always go nuts and plop down for a VPI Scout or if you have the inclination to DIY, one of these that will blow away anything costing less than $10k. The TT 1.5 / 2 is in my future :D 

That DIY has me intrigued, TT's are more straight forward than a lot of the more complex audio gear.  Nice link.

post #5849 of 7284
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

That DIY has me intrigued, TT's are more straight forward than a lot of the more complex audio gear.  Nice link.

Yeah, and all the really hard work is done for you :) The best part is that you can buy the basic kit for $400 and upgrade it all the way to their TOTL offering! Pure genius :)

post #5850 of 7284

Just want to share the T1 can be driven more than load enough by a tiny Ibasso DX50 DAP. So far I like the sound off this combination. I'm still reserving judgment and comparisons because I want to burn in my new toy. As my recent experience tell me, amp/dac tends to open up after some time.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread