Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread - Page 388

post #5806 of 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

I can't stress enough how good an OTL amp like the WA2, CSP3+ or Bottlehead Crack is for the T1. The Gungnir DAC is good, but there's better for the money. Atleast put an OTL amp on your list to check out :)

+1

post #5807 of 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

I can't stress enough how good an OTL amp like the WA2, CSP3+ or Bottlehead Crack is for the T1. The Gungnir DAC is good, but there's better for the money. Atleast put an OTL amp on your list to check out :)

 

Like? 

 

Another thing about OTL: inflexible & I don't like to play with tubes.

Something hybrid like Lyr with low output impedance will play nice to a whole

range of headphones.

 

WA7 with impedance switch is nice but it doesn't go down to 1 Ohm like Lyr


Edited by zackzack - 10/26/13 at 10:09pm
post #5808 of 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

+1 I agree

 

Audeze for deep bass, AKG 7XX for sparkly treble, Senn HD800 for soundstage, Grado for Grado sound.

post #5809 of 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

When I were doing my research on desktop amplifiers for T1, I had gone through lots of kind both SS and tubes. Based on my preferences, I narrowed my interest to these 3 amps/dac combo.

 

Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies (tube)

Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir (balanced setup) or Asgard2/bifrost (single ended)

Dangerous Music Source

 

If I go for a tube I'll get WA7, for SS amps the Schiit option isn't flexible in my opinion, I'm gonna have to choose between balanced or single-ended setup but not both. I was leaning towards the Dangerous Source because it's unique. (It's actually a monitoring gear) It has two sets of amp/dac with an array of input options and multiple output. This can be handy if you like comparing sources or headphones.

 

Schiit Mjolnir is for those who would bother to mod their precious T1 for balanced connection.

Mod is not cheap and you may damage the unit. Asgard 2 Class A performance is good enough

to drive T1 me thinks.


Edited by zackzack - 10/26/13 at 10:08pm
post #5810 of 7275

I had my T1 with balanced connection since day 1 and that is why it so good even for a portable amp like the M8 which is also flexible enough to accept single-ended connection. As good as the mjolnir is, it really doesn't make sense why it's exclusively balanced only.

 

As for tube amps, I don't really wanna be doing tube rolling and most of the best tube amps are bulky not to mention you need a separate DAC. Though I admit they kinda look cool. That is why WA7 is the only one in my short list.

post #5811 of 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

I had my T1 with balanced connection since day 1 and that is why it so good even for a portable amp like the M8 which is also flexible enough to accept single-ended connection. As good as the mjolnir is, it really doesn't make sense why it's exclusively balanced only.

 

As for tube amps, I don't really wanna be doing tube rolling and most of the best tube amps are bulky not to mention you need a separate DAC. Though I admit they kinda look cool. That is why WA7 is the only one in my short list.

you confirm a good match with centrance M8?

post #5812 of 7275

For me, yeah it's powerful enough to drive the T1 as long as you play CD quality to Hi Res files. I believe MP3swon't do T1 any justice.

 

There are many amps could pair with T1 and M8 for me is more than enough. YMMV

post #5813 of 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

For me, yeah it's powerful enough to drive the T1 as long as you play CD quality to Hi Res files. I believe MP3swon't do T1 any justice.

 

There are many amps could pair with T1 and M8 for me is more than enough. YMMV

thank you.

MP3? i´m 42 years old, i don´t know anything about MP3:biggrin:

post #5814 of 7275

Hey peeps,  

                  I'm selling a new pair of T1s for <$1000 but have yet to clock enough posts to post it in the classifieds :p Any one interested or knows where else I can post a FS: thread? Thanks!!

post #5815 of 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashie View Post
 

Hey peeps,  

                  I'm selling a new pair of T1s for <$1000 but have yet to clock enough posts to post it in the classifieds :p Any one interested or knows where else I can post a FS: thread? Thanks!!

 

I'll keep my ears and eyes open for you. Where are you located?

post #5816 of 7275

I'm selling my T1's unfortunately.. A few urgent household expenses and more speaker use has determined they're being wasted hanging on their stand... Letting them go for a good price considering they're essentially brand new.

post #5817 of 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

I had my T1 with balanced connection since day 1 and that is why it so good even for a portable amp like the M8 which is also flexible enough to accept single-ended connection. As good as the mjolnir is, it really doesn't make sense why it's exclusively balanced only.

 

As for tube amps, I don't really wanna be doing tube rolling and most of the best tube amps are bulky not to mention you need a separate DAC. Though I admit they kinda look cool. That is why WA7 is the only one in my short list.

 

I've been telling everybody: if Schiit Audio decides to put a single ended output in Mjolnir, I will purchase it without a single hesitation. 

That makes Mjolnir a more versatile amps, opening up whole potential of new users with no balanced phones.

Bryston's well regarded amp has both balanced & unbalanced output. 

 

post #5818 of 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzack View Post
 

 

I've been telling everybody: if Schiit Audio decides to put a single ended output in Mjolnir, I will purchase it without a single hesitation. 

That makes Mjolnir a more versatile amps, opening up whole potential of new users with no balanced phones.

Bryston's well regarded amp has both balanced & unbalanced output. 

 

 

 

 

 

Really a shame, I almost pulled the trigger for this amp. But the lack of single-ended output kills it for me. Though I have my T1 with balanced cable, I can't use anything else. Schiit has explained the reason why it's balanced only. But still ...

post #5819 of 7275
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

Really a shame, I almost pulled the trigger for this amp. But the lack of single-ended output kills it for me. Though I have my T1 with balanced cable, I can't use anything else. Schiit has explained the reason why it's balanced only. But still ...

That's the reason I let mine go (mjolnir), awesome amp, but it was taking too much space, only to serve one or two headphones.

 

The Ragnarok amp will feature both balanced and single ended, but twice the price and bigger.

post #5820 of 7275
My audiogd nfb10.32 serving me well....low or ligh impedance...single or balanced...double 3pin XLR, or single 4pin XLR...
Armed with a dac with a tall deep soundstage...some filters to fine tune to my taste on the odd cans,
Even the He6 is reasonably powered at 6watts...when I m lazy to cart out my big amp...lol.
All for 500+ bucks tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread