You can get "open box" new with full warranty typically for $925-$950 USD on ebay pretty much all the time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 9/17/12 at 11:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread - Page 364post #5446 of 60449/11/13 at 4:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5447 of 60449/11/13 at 10:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by hmorneau
It's not possible to get the driver and replace it yourself?
I'm very happy with my T1 so far. At first I was liking a bit more my old DT-880, but now my T1 get all my listening time. Mine are number 7012, so I'm not sure when they was manufactured, but I guess it's a few years ago.
But I'm starting to think, now what? What's the next upgrade I should do? Balanced cable? I'm not sure I can connect them if they are balanced on my auditor.
Balanced is useless with Auditor , as auditor is single ended . If you want balanced you need another amp . Peraphs next thing is to buy another amp like an OTL one to add some complementary with Auditor , or another headphone .
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 9/11/13 at 10:12pmpost #5448 of 60449/12/13 at 11:55am
Ok, all jokes aside (heh! got me too) I wonder how many folks here realize that unlike speakers, having headphones with an extremely flat frequency response is actually undesirable in most situations? Setting the frequency response on headphones is probably as much an art as it is a science. There is a short blurb in the FAQ area of the Beyerdynamic website that discusses this.
Under the Headphone & Headset FAQs tab, look at the "What is diffuse-field equalisation?" bullet.
For anyone that's looked at a frequency response curve for a headphone and wondered why it seems to look so "bad", this short piece is a must readpost #5449 of 60449/12/13 at 7:12pmQuote:
What is an OTL? I guess I will keep my auditor, it sound very nice with my setup and it's simply too powerful to replace it :).post #5450 of 60449/12/13 at 7:27pmQuote:
OTL Tube amp (output transformer less) , one with the "typical tube sound" . A different flavor for your T1 if you don't want to play with EQ . But as i said if you want something else in sound , a complementary headphone with T1 would be the best thing to do if you ever get a bit "borred" by T1 .post #5451 of 60449/12/13 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by HaVoC-28
OTL Tube amp (output transformer less) , one with the "typical tube sound" . A different flavor for your T1 if you don't want to play with EQ . But as i said if you want something else in sound , a complementary headphone with T1 would be the best thing to do if you ever get a bit "borred" by T1 .
which is why i am getting the HD800 - T1/HD800/WA2post #5452 of 60449/12/13 at 7:34pmpost #5453 of 60449/12/13 at 7:40pmQuote:
At your level there's no more "big improvements" only marginal , it's more about flavors than anything else .
But this "flavors" can be perceived as a "great upgrade" . Depending on users tastes etc
Edited by HaVoC-28 - 9/12/13 at 7:41pmpost #5454 of 60449/12/13 at 10:05pm
Yeah, you might notice improvements by changing sound signature due to you taste in sound and genres. To me the only true big improvements are something like Stax rigs and some out of production models like Sony R10. Many improvements are in inches for big cost over the already very high level my phones have attained. Most of my recent acquisitions are for the sound signature of the phones rather than upgrading purposes. I really would rather a few good different flagships then going up to 3-4000$ for a top stax rig.post #5455 of 60449/12/13 at 11:21pm
I'm the other way around...have the HD800 and love it to death but still salivate for the T1...from the short audition I had I really enjoyed the extra punchiness in the bass. I think it could become my 'all rounder' headphone. But, I'm a mids freak and the HD800 will always be KING for jazz & vocalspost #5456 of 60449/13/13 at 8:27ampost #5457 of 60449/13/13 at 8:57amQuote:Originally Posted by vlach
I'm the other way around...have the HD800 and love it to death but still salivate for the T1...from the short audition I had I really enjoyed the extra punchiness in the bass. I think it could become my 'all rounder' headphone. But, I'm a mids freak and the HD800 will always be KING for jazz & vocals
Jazz and vocals are what i listen to mostly, have you heard the new Gregory Porter album? The perfect mix of jazz and vocals. Sounds great on the T1 could be even better on HD800post #5458 of 60449/13/13 at 9:35am
Absolutely. For my tastes, the W3000ANV fills a very specific spot in my music listening, mostly acoustic guitar type (Johannes Lindstead, Robert Michaels, Strunz & Farah, etc), otherwise for jazz & vocals the HD800 is king!
Edited by vlach - 9/13/13 at 10:36ampost #5459 of 60449/13/13 at 9:36amQuote:
Appreciate the recommendation. I will be sure to check it out, thank you.
For me it doesn't get much better than Scott Hamilton & Russ Sportiello "Midnight at Nola's Penthouse", the whole album back to back.
Edited by vlach - 9/13/13 at 9:45ampost #5460 of 60449/13/13 at 9:41amQuote:
For mine too ... jazz and vocals.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 16 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 45 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Yet another HD800 thread... 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Ultrasone Edition 9s 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with choosing between Fiio X3 and Fiio e18 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Kao Audio UD2C HP DAC with headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Appreciation Thread. :) 3 minutes ago
- › The Alpha Dog Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi