Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread - Page 245

post #3661 of 7276

Good afternoon,

 

I'm fairly new to this community but been reading over the past 2 years for insight into this future hobby. My old pair of Beyer DT-770/80's plugged into my laptop using foobar as my player is as hifi as it gets for this guy; seriously!!!

 

But now that I can afford it, I'm set on getting either a tube or solid state amp to pair with the T1's as my first headfi station. After all the research done through countless threads, I narrowed it down to a few choices.

 

For solid state:

1. B22

2. SPL Auditor

3. V181

4. Concerto or Jazz

 

Tube amps:

1. DNA Sonett 2

2. CSP2+

 

For my music preferences of Jazz Fusion (Herbie Hancock; Head Hunters; Chick Corea; Miles Davis), 70's Funk and Soul (Marvin Gaye; O'Jays; Parliament) what would be your top choice out of these amps to pair with the T1's for these genre's? Any recommendations will help?

 

Thanks in advance!

post #3662 of 7276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonksta View Post

Good afternoon,

I'm fairly new to this community but been reading over the past 2 years for insight into this future hobby. My old pair of Beyer DT-770/80's plugged into my laptop using foobar as my player is as hifi as it gets for this guy; seriously!!!

But now that I can afford it, I'm set on getting either a tube or solid state amp to pair with the T1's as my first headfi station. After all the research done through countless threads, I narrowed it down to a few choices.

For solid state:
1. B22
2. SPL Auditor
3. V181
4. Concerto or Jazz

Tube amps:
1. DNA Sonett 2
2. CSP2+

For my music preferences of Jazz Fusion (Herbie Hancock; Head Hunters; Chick Corea; Miles Davis), 70's Funk and Soul (Marvin Gaye; O'Jays; Parliament) what would be your top choice out of these amps to pair with the T1's for these genre's? Any recommendations will help?

Thanks in advance!

I'd say go with a solid state. I have a wa6se which is a tube amp and I cannot find a good pairing for the t1's as far as tubes go.
I have my HP-P1 and the t1's sound incredible run through it. I think the impedance has something to do with it because I ran into the same problem with the hd 800's. and I'm sure the HE 6's are the same way.
post #3663 of 7276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post


I'd say go with a solid state. I have a wa6se which is a tube amp and I cannot find a good pairing for the t1's as far as tubes go.
I have my HP-P1 and the t1's sound incredible run through it. I think the impedance has something to do with it because I ran into the same problem with the hd 800's. and I'm sure the HE 6's are the same way.

The CSP2 is a match made in heaven with the T1/  The tubes are 6922 or 6dj8 all single ended triode that makes those T1 shine. I lived with that combo for well over 2 years when I had the T1. Decware amps are  pure magic and have lifetoime warranty.

post #3664 of 7276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonksta View Post

Good afternoon,

 

I'm fairly new to this community but been reading over the past 2 years for insight into this future hobby. My old pair of Beyer DT-770/80's plugged into my laptop using foobar as my player is as hifi as it gets for this guy; seriously!!!

 

But now that I can afford it, I'm set on getting either a tube or solid state amp to pair with the T1's as my first headfi station. After all the research done through countless threads, I narrowed it down to a few choices.

 

For solid state:

1. B22

2. SPL Auditor

3. V181

4. Concerto or Jazz

 

Tube amps:

1. DNA Sonett 2

2. CSP2+

 

For my music preferences of Jazz Fusion (Herbie Hancock; Head Hunters; Chick Corea; Miles Davis), 70's Funk and Soul (Marvin Gaye; O'Jays; Parliament) what would be your top choice out of these amps to pair with the T1's for these genre's? Any recommendations will help?

 

Thanks in advance!


Maybe add Bursons amp too to your list. It's a good pairing

post #3665 of 7276
Quote:
Originally Posted by punks15 View Post


Maybe add Bursons amp too to your list. It's a good pairing

 

I agree with this, but not the 160.  Look into the Soloist and Conductor as well. I really enjoy my soloist.

post #3666 of 7276

woo audio 2 wink.gif

post #3667 of 7276

I heard great things about these amps with the T1...including the WA2. Recommendations help with narrowing down the list, but ultimately I know the fate of this hobby; it may take a while to settle with the equipment that suits my taste overall.

 

Thanks for all the responses...

post #3668 of 7276

As of today, new T1 owner here.  Sounds wonderful.  It seems well served by my Lyr.  Now please excuse me while I catch up on 245 pages of this thread while listening to my new toy!
 

post #3669 of 7276
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

As of today, new T1 owner here.  Sounds wonderful.  It seems well served by my Lyr.  Now please excuse me while I catch up on 245 pages of this thread while listening to my new toy!
 

 

Unfortunately, I find I often find myself listening to music and browsing head-fi....

post #3670 of 7276
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

As of today, new T1 owner here.  Sounds wonderful.  It seems well served by my Lyr.  Now please excuse me while I catch up on 245 pages of this thread while listening to my new toy!
 

Welcome! The T1 is the best high end headphone I've heard so far. I'll give the HD800 another chance some day though, the last time I did they still sucked, despite being paired with a $1700 DAC...I've been getting more used to elevated treble now, so next time it should be better.

post #3671 of 7276

Got my T1 with Burson Audio DA-160 and Woo Audio Wa2 coupe of days back. Didn't get much time to play with it much. Played a couple of FLACs and was totally amazed. Listened to Radiohead OK Computer!. I can tell you I heard things I hadn't heard before and the whole album sounded just so much more wonderful.

 

The equipment is still going through its break in period. 

 

I had just one technical question. The Burson Audio DA-160 has a High and Low Gain option. If I keep it at Low Gain I have to crank up the Wa2 amp beyond half the dial. Is it fine to run T1 on High Gain? Sorry for being noobish. 

 

So far Im loving it. 

post #3672 of 7276
T1, DA160, and a Woo2 arriving on the same day... Yowza, that's a good day.

Congrats.
post #3673 of 7276

You guys are really convincing me that I need to consider a higher end amp to pair with my T1s....my current amp, a Meier Jazz, is no slouch....but I'm definitely curious! I've always wanted to send Dr.P at Mapletree Audio Design some more money since I had an unbelievably good experience with his gear last time....but that Woo Audio gear sure is purdy!!

post #3674 of 7276
Every T1 owner owes it to themselves to try an OTL amp at least once, in my opinion. It's a shame that meets, while great opportunities, aren't ideal for this. This isn't an instant, gratuitous WOW combo.
post #3675 of 7276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

Every T1 owner owes it to themselves to try an OTL amp at least once, in my opinion.

 

 

+1

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation / Discussion Thread