or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 63

post #931 of 10478

It's amazing how people here things so differently.

 

I had the HD650's twice, the first pair were stolen, and used after market cables (equinox & Silver Dragon v2) and although I never had them at the same time as the T1's I am absolutely certain that in my system the two sound nothing alike. The T1's are in a different league in every attribute. IME the T1's have far greater clarity,detail and speed. The Hf's are far better in extension and presence. The bass is a lot deeper,tighter,faster,impactful and rhythmic. The midrange is a number of levels above in clarity,openness,transparency,neutrality and naturalness.

 

The differences are so pronounced,to me, that I find it hard to believe anyone could consider then as sounding similar.

 

I also don't think the HD650's are anything like the LCD's either,thankfully!

post #932 of 10478

They don't sound the same that's for sure, the T1s are in a different league to the HD650s and blows it away in most areas IMO.

post #933 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

I hope u satisfy with itwink_face.gif

 

enjoy!smily_headphones1.gif

 

Bear in mind. u gonna adjust ur hair if you got long hair. since that will touch the driver.

 

And those are pretty expensive stuff.^^ My T1 sounds pretty "dry" on my WA 6 SE. so I guess it might produce that dry sound u want on Burson.

 

I am going on holiday this Thursday.haha ...

 

P.S. "T1s just mesmerise me totally " dun think this can be true tongue.gif



 

I still have 3 days before I get home. I have so many things I have to do I am not sure I will have time to listen for longer than 15 minutes ;( and then on Monday will be going on holiday so again a week spent away from home. Later though, I will have 2 weeks to enjoy them and be deployed again.

post #934 of 10478

Dun worry. 15 minutes will be enough for you 2 love them.:) although I didnt even burn them in since they only on my head like abt 15 hours at most.maybe you can leave it burning in for next week.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post





 

I still have 3 days before I get home. I have so many things I have to do I am not sure I will have time to listen for longer than 15 minutes ;( and then on Monday will be going on holiday so again a week spent away from home. Later though, I will have 2 weeks to enjoy them and be deployed again.



 

post #935 of 10478


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Dun worry. 15 minutes will be enough for you 2 love them.:) although I didnt even burn them in since they only on my head like abt 15 hours at most.maybe you can leave it burning in for next week.



 

They will certainly be running 24 hrs a day for a few days.

post #936 of 10478
Hey all, looking at a T1 to pair with a Schiit Lyr, had a few questions.

1. Does recabling improve the SQ? Looking at moon-audio and wasn't sure the difference between the cable choices. I can only assume the more expensive ones have better SQ?

2. Anyone know what a headphone split mod is?

3. DAC recommendation anyone?

Thanks!
post #937 of 10478

1. Does recabling improve the SQ? yes.... or no depending on who youre talking to.  Looking at moon-audio and wasn't sure the difference between the cable choices. I can only assume the more expensive ones have better SQ? the more exp ones are silver. the cheaper copper. again, doesnt mean one is necessarily better than the other. different material, different sound change (for those that believe)

2. Anyone know what a headphone split mod is? i think thats if the headphone only has single entry into the driver.  (cable only on one side). then he would make it dual entry. but again im not sure about this as i never looked into split modding with Moonaudio.

3. DAC recommendation anyone? look in the dedicated source forum. youll get all kinds of recommendations if you search and research.

post #938 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow View Post


That didn't answer my question at all. I'm asking about your situation, not others' situations, and I'm not necessarily doubting anyone's claims.

 



OK, what specficaly do you want to know about my situation?

 

post #939 of 10478

Looking to audition these. Are the T1's going for full MSRP? Can anyone recommend a good source for these?

post #940 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post

Looking to audition these. Are the T1's going for full MSRP? Can anyone recommend a good source for these?



sent you a PM

post #941 of 10478

After one year, my T1's are still ass-kicking headphones.

beerchug.gif

 

 

post #942 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post

Looking to audition these. Are the T1's going for full MSRP? Can anyone recommend a good source for these?



Yea me too, I'm really curious to how they sound combined with the WA2/3 amp, as those seem to have favor around here.

post #943 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post

After one year, my T1's are still ass-kicking headphones.

beerchug.gif

 

 


LOL. They are great headphones. I am amazed at well they play classical music. Layer upon layer and focus better than any other headphone I have owned. Playing SACD recordings on the marantz SA8004 is a revelation with this headphone. I have been playing them non stop since I purchased the t1 again. At least I know this is the one for me.

 

post #944 of 10478

New audiophile here but you guys are just making me more anxious to hear these cans!  Hope I won't be disappointed by the hype (yes, I know they've been around for awhile now).  Gonna pair them with a Schiit Bifrost and Lyr when it ships next month.  I've only owned an Ultrasone DJ1 Pro and a Beyer DT1350 on a portable amp, but from what people tell me they won't really compare.  Listen to all genres but mostly trance lately, any ideas how they'll hold up?

post #945 of 10478
Thread Starter 

Yes SACD sounds very very good with this headphone. I have all the Moody Blues SACD limited edition remasters and they sound scrumptious! I use a Marantz VC6001 for SACD playback, and although not the best it still sounds incredible.

 

Try the SACD remaster of Pink Floyd's DSoTM CD and you will be greatly rewarded. This master is great but not as good of my MFSL CD of it. The MFSL one sound far better.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

LOL. They are great headphones. I am amazed at well they play classical music. Layer upon layer and focus better than any other headphone I have owned. Playing SACD recordings on the marantz SA8004 is a revelation with this headphone. I have been playing them non stop since I purchased the t1 again. At least I know this is the one for me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread