Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 577

post #8641 of 8651

Stefanaudioart wrote me an essay on recabling with their cable - a cool $600. Personally, I believe in good quality interconnects, not cheap radio shack junk, but I can't fit a $600 recable into my budget. FYI.

post #8642 of 8651
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmort View Post
 

Stefanaudioart wrote me an essay on recabling with their cable - a cool $600. Personally, I believe in good quality interconnects, not cheap radio shack junk, but I can't fit a $600 recable into my budget. FYI.

 

Nothing like a little snake oil to grease the wheels...

post #8643 of 8651
Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithApe View Post
 

 

Nothing like a little snake oil to grease the wheels...

 

Snake oil salesmen need to eat too, ya know .... :cool:

post #8644 of 8651
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJS View Post

Snake oil salesmen need to eat too, ya know .... cool.gif
Yeah, filet mignons and lobsters apparently.wink.gif
post #8645 of 8651
Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithApe View Post
 

 

Nothing like a little snake oil to grease the wheels...

and the market for snake oil is strong !, i myself fall prey from time to time, although i prefer the cheaper, generic snake oil

post #8646 of 8651

Well, bd-usa (on ebay) cancelled my purchase - out of stock apparently (BS - it stated 1 available on ebay... I'm a little annoyed) - so I'm not going to join this crew right now.... Back to the hunt!

post #8647 of 8651

Hi to all,

 

So I have received my T1 and am really enjoying it so far - more so than the HD800, which I demoed again after receiving the T1. I find the HD800 less intimate, less accurate and less musical. More airy, and more soundstage, but the latter at times sounds artificial.

 

The one gripe I have with the T1 which may be a deal-breaker is the clamp of the upper headband. My unit appears to be very recent - serial number in the 24000 range, so it should have the "new" revised headband, but it still creates considerable pressure on the upper skull. Both sides have been extended to expose five notches. Does anyone know how to alleviate this, through extra padding or similar?

 

Many thanks!

post #8648 of 8651
Quote:
Originally Posted by batracom View Post
 

Hi to all,

 

So I have received my T1 and am really enjoying it so far - more so than the HD800, which I demoed again after receiving the T1. I find the HD800 less intimate, less accurate and less musical. More airy, and more soundstage, but the latter at times sounds artificial.

 

The one gripe I have with the T1 which may be a deal-breaker is the clamp of the upper headband. My unit appears to be very recent - serial number in the 24000 range, so it should have the "new" revised headband, but it still creates considerable pressure on the upper skull. Both sides have been extended to expose five notches. Does anyone know how to alleviate this, through extra padding or similar?

 

Many thanks!

how about some gentle stretching of the headband ?

post #8649 of 8651
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

how about some gentle stretching of the headband ?

Just bend it gently I did. You may have to do it a few times to get it the way you want it but those are built like a tank you really can't hurt them. Best to place you thumbs in the center of the headband when you are bending cause that is where the bend occurs. If you try to bend over the sliders it doesn't bend well.


Edited by Chodi - 2/26/15 at 4:14am
post #8650 of 8651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post
 

Just bend it gently I did. You may have to do it a few times to get it the way you want it but those are built like a tank you really can't hurt them.

+1

 multiple stretches, and time, they'll loosen up, mine are VERY comfortable, and i have a big noggin ! 

post #8651 of 8651

Hi,

 

I recently stopped my project to terminate my T1 with the Neutrik balanced connector I purchased, since I asked Beyer what will happen to the warranty if I make such a small modifcation. They told me that I will lose the full 5 years of warranty with any modification done to the headphones. However they offered me to send in the T1 and the Neutrik connector and mount it for me for just a small fee, so I can keep my warranty. Really excellent service! The only bad thing is that I know purchased a 350$ soldering iron from Weller. Should have asked before :D However in the end it turns out to be a good thing, because it made me buy the Bottlehead Crack DIY kit, so the iron still serves some purpose and I can start enjoying a tube amp next to my Oppo HA-1 :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread