Ironically, I already own 2 dt 770 600 ohm drivers (one inside my dt 770 headphones, and one inside a pair of custom one pros), but I still want the tesla 600 ohm (I own those drivers too now, I haven't put it in anything yet).
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 559
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8372 of 837712/17/14 at 3:57am
So I received the 100ohm resistor adaptor and have been using it with the T1 for a few days. There is a noticeable increase in the lower frequencies which gives the headphones a more fuller sound. I've not entirely made my mind up on whether I prefer this or not. Without the resistor the T1 sounds leaner and gives the impression of a cleaner sound. Needs time to adjust I'm guessing.post #8373 of 837712/17/14 at 4:18ampost #8374 of 837712/17/14 at 4:27am
no the resistor adaptor I got effectively increases the output impedance of the amp.
I don't think you can change the drivers' impedance.
edit: there was a recent article on innerfidelity about output impedance and its impact on the frequency response of high impedance headphones. Was also trying to mirror the fact that the beyer A1 and A2 amps have 100ohm OI. Can't be certain how close the sound is to them as I don't own them, but was an interesting experiment nevertheless.
I was expecting to have to increase the volume, but surprisingly the volume is hardly affected. The volume wheel is almost in the same position as before, around 10 - 10:30.Quote:
That silver jack is the 100 ohm resistor adaptor. T1 is connected via sennheiser 6.35 to 3.5 adaptor.
I also bought a 75ohm resistor which has a noticeably less impact to the T1's sound.
Edited by SunTanScanMan - Today at 2:44 ampost #8375 of 837712/18/14 at 1:26ampost #8376 of 837712/18/14 at 1:36ampost #8377 of 837712/18/14 at 3:42am
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 29 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 38 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Sub $250 soundbars or 2.0/2.1 setups? 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1 Tips Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)