Ironically, I already own 2 dt 770 600 ohm drivers (one inside my dt 770 headphones, and one inside a pair of custom one pros), but I still want the tesla 600 ohm (I own those drivers too now, I haven't put it in anything yet).
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Last October 2014, Audio Technica Singapore informed me about their plan for their new products launch. When we met, i had the chance to test the new ATH-MSR7. Connected it to my iBasso DX90, I was...
Tries so many headphones,but just coming back to my 700. Decided to stay with them and my HiFi M8 simply because I love the portability and the sound is great to me.
-Audio The Nucleus Headphone Amplifier/Preamp “Great Sound for the Masses” By Cesar Gutierrez - Audiophile December 2014 It is always exiting to discover and learn about new companies in...
Background So the technology behind the ear cups are quite interesting. This headphone is marketed towards teenagers for the "Bass Sensation". The headphone has a slider on thhe left ear cup, and...
Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 559
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8372 of 837812/17/14 at 3:57am
So I received the 100ohm resistor adaptor and have been using it with the T1 for a few days. There is a noticeable increase in the lower frequencies which gives the headphones a more fuller sound. I've not entirely made my mind up on whether I prefer this or not. Without the resistor the T1 sounds leaner and gives the impression of a cleaner sound. Needs time to adjust I'm guessing.post #8373 of 837812/17/14 at 4:18ampost #8374 of 837812/17/14 at 4:27am
no the resistor adaptor I got effectively increases the output impedance of the amp.
I don't think you can change the drivers' impedance.
edit: there was a recent article on innerfidelity about output impedance and its impact on the frequency response of high impedance headphones. Was also trying to mirror the fact that the beyer A1 and A2 amps have 100ohm OI. Can't be certain how close the sound is to them as I don't own them, but was an interesting experiment nevertheless.
I was expecting to have to increase the volume, but surprisingly the volume is hardly affected. The volume wheel is almost in the same position as before, around 10 - 10:30.Quote:
That silver jack is the 100 ohm resistor adaptor. T1 is connected via sennheiser 6.35 to 3.5 adaptor.
I also bought a 75ohm resistor which has a noticeably less impact to the T1's sound.
Edited by SunTanScanMan - 12/18/14 at 2:44ampost #8375 of 837812/18/14 at 1:26ampost #8376 of 837812/18/14 at 1:36ampost #8377 of 837812/18/14 at 3:42ampost #8378 of 837812/19/14 at 4:00pm
Okay, so I contacted beyerdynamic and found out that the T5p's ear pads are made of real leather and they cost US$205. Whereas, the HS 800's ear pads are also leather, but they only cost US$99 and are far better for noise isolation and have a viscoelastic filling (so they are soft and squishy like a more firm version of honey in a cellophane bag).
Edited by Packdemon - 12/19/14 at 8:53pm
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Digital Voice Recorder 26 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 1 minute ago
- › External sound card vs external dac 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › need help smoothing a rough spot on custom IEM shell 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by earfonia
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by BasilFawlty
- › "The Nucleus" by che15
- › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size by DigitalGrounder
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Warnings about equipment online purchase scam
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3