Ironically, I already own 2 dt 770 600 ohm drivers (one inside my dt 770 headphones, and one inside a pair of custom one pros), but I still want the tesla 600 ohm (I own those drivers too now, I haven't put it in anything yet).
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 559
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8372 of 837812/17/14 at 3:57am
So I received the 100ohm resistor adaptor and have been using it with the T1 for a few days. There is a noticeable increase in the lower frequencies which gives the headphones a more fuller sound. I've not entirely made my mind up on whether I prefer this or not. Without the resistor the T1 sounds leaner and gives the impression of a cleaner sound. Needs time to adjust I'm guessing.post #8373 of 837812/17/14 at 4:18ampost #8374 of 837812/17/14 at 4:27am
no the resistor adaptor I got effectively increases the output impedance of the amp.
I don't think you can change the drivers' impedance.
edit: there was a recent article on innerfidelity about output impedance and its impact on the frequency response of high impedance headphones. Was also trying to mirror the fact that the beyer A1 and A2 amps have 100ohm OI. Can't be certain how close the sound is to them as I don't own them, but was an interesting experiment nevertheless.
I was expecting to have to increase the volume, but surprisingly the volume is hardly affected. The volume wheel is almost in the same position as before, around 10 - 10:30.Quote:
That silver jack is the 100 ohm resistor adaptor. T1 is connected via sennheiser 6.35 to 3.5 adaptor.
I also bought a 75ohm resistor which has a noticeably less impact to the T1's sound.
Edited by SunTanScanMan - 12/18/14 at 2:44ampost #8375 of 837812/18/14 at 1:26ampost #8376 of 837812/18/14 at 1:36ampost #8377 of 837812/18/14 at 3:42ampost #8378 of 837812/19/14 at 4:00pm
Okay, so I contacted beyerdynamic and found out that the T5p's ear pads are made of real leather and they cost US$205. Whereas, the HS 800's ear pads are also leather, but they only cost US$99 and are far better for noise isolation and have a viscoelastic filling (so they are soft and squishy like a more firm version of honey in a cellophane bag).
Edited by Packdemon - 12/19/14 at 8:53pm
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 17 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 34 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 4 minutes ago
- › A Comparison of different Virtual Surround Sound on the same Audio... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 5 minutes ago
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)