or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 517

post #7741 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidar View Post
 

Which pads give the T1 less sibilance and a warmer sound?

 

So far people have recommended Denon pads and Custom One Pro pads. Any others?

 

I'd also be interested to hear about peoples' experience with using different pads, but more from a comfort angle than changing sound signature. Dunno if anyone else has experienced this, but a slight problem I've had with the T1s is excessive vibration on very bass-heavy tracks - causes what I can only describe as an irritating tickling sensation! I do wonder whether the stock T1 pads are a bit on the thin side - haven't tried any Audeze headphones, but the pads look a lot thicker.

post #7742 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithApe View Post
 

 

Dunno if anyone else has experienced this, but a slight problem I've had with the T1s is excessive vibration on very bass-heavy tracks - causes what I can only describe as an irritating tickling sensation!

 

Interesting, can't say I've ever experienced this. Could you perhaps name a (part of a) song where you notice this?

post #7743 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorJack View Post
 

 

Interesting, can't say I've ever experienced this. Could you perhaps name a (part of a) song where you notice this?

 

This would do it:

 

post #7744 of 10478

Nice tune! I still don't think I notice what you described though, but I do have a history of being quite the basshead, before I got into some more serious audio gear. Now I want my headphone rigs as neutral as possible, but I still crank up the bass in my car stereo. So maybe I perceive what you find an irritating tickling sensation, as pleasant :D 

post #7745 of 10478

sounds absolutely amazing on my WA7+WA7tp+LCD-X setup

post #7746 of 10478

I just re-terminated my T-1's with a 4 pin XLR. Without thinking I trimmed off the shields and connected both left/right positive/negative to the proper 4 pins. I realized after finishing that I should have connected the 2 copper ground wires to the XLR chassis ground pin. Do you guys think it's a big deal either way to have the shield connected at the XLR??? I'm trying to decide if I should open it up and start over or leave it as is. The phones pass signal fine, but I don't know if I'm compromising the audio.

post #7747 of 10478

you have probably actually improved the signal.  i would leave it off.

post #7748 of 10478

T1 is still the best overall gaming headphone I've come across.  Just recently used it in Battlefield Hardline and the Oppo HA-1, so easy to pick people off and accurately locate sounds in the void.  Wish Beyer would make a much cheaper headphone specifically made for gaming that doesn't have such nice clarity, but retains that immensely accurate pinpoint ability.  Would be the go-to gaming headphone for most gamers if they can get it down to the Razer price tiers.  

post #7749 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacore View Post
 

I just re-terminated my T-1's with a 4 pin XLR. Without thinking I trimmed off the shields and connected both left/right positive/negative to the proper 4 pins. I realized after finishing that I should have connected the 2 copper ground wires to the XLR chassis ground pin. Do you guys think it's a big deal either way to have the shield connected at the XLR??? I'm trying to decide if I should open it up and start over or leave it as is. The phones pass signal fine, but I don't know if I'm compromising the audio.

 

I agree with groovy to probably leave it off. I don't necessarily think you've improved the audio quality, but if you aren't hearing any noise, you should be fine.

 

My theory is that there is no amplification happening between the XLR jack and the T1 drivers so any noise collected should be completely inaudible. There was a thread somewhere actually recommending removing the shield even from the stock HP jack so it can't cause major issues or someone would have said so in that thread.

post #7750 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorJack View Post
 

Nice tune! I still don't think I notice what you described though, but I do have a history of being quite the basshead, before I got into some more serious audio gear. Now I want my headphone rigs as neutral as possible, but I still crank up the bass in my car stereo. So maybe I perceive what you find an irritating tickling sensation, as pleasant :D 

 

You might be right there - I like a lot of bass-heavy electronic music but I've never really been a basshead when it comes to headphones. I also prefer neutrality, where the bass is tight and well-extended but not dominating - generally, I think this is what the T1 delivers. And when certain tracks (particularly dubstep) actually make the cans shudder, it's puzzling to see people occasionally describing these phones' bass as lean - leads me to suspect they're not amping them properly. Either that or they're just way bigger bassheads than me!

post #7751 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithApe View Post
 

 

You might be right there - I like a lot of bass-heavy electronic music but I've never really been a basshead when it comes to headphones. I also prefer neutrality, where the bass is tight and well-extended but not dominating - generally, I think this is what the T1 delivers. And when certain tracks (particularly dubstep) actually make the cans shudder, it's puzzling to see people occasionally describing these phones' bass as lean - leads me to suspect they're not amping them properly. Either that or they're just way bigger bassheads than me!

 

Agree on the lack of juice in the amp. Difficult to drive cans like the T1 and HE-6 do sound thin when there's not enough power.That's my experience. :atsmile:

post #7752 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post
 

 

Agree on the lack of juice in the amp. Difficult to drive cans like the T1 and HE-6 do sound thin when there's not enough power.That's my experience. :atsmile:

 

 

This doesn't sound right. HE-6, yes difficult to drive and requires huge amount of power to sound right. But on the same sentence with T1. Something must be wrong here. :tongue_smile:

post #7753 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

 

This doesn't sound right. HE-6, yes difficult to drive and requires huge amount of power to sound right. But on the same sentence with T1. Something must be wrong here. :tongue_smile:

It's perhaps safer to say they are both hard to drive but in different ways...?

post #7754 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallmole View Post

It's perhaps safer to say they are both hard to drive but in different ways...?

Indeed! T1 properly driven opens up and there is no talk about it sounding thin. smily_headphones1.gif
post #7755 of 10478
The lyr 2 is a good amp, the sound coming out seems neutral and transparent. Furthermore the gain switch is great for item my dad has. My Alpha dogs and DT 880 600 ohm run great on the Lyr 2, and the very few times I really turned the volume dial past 12 o clock, the sound did not distort at all . I have only used stock tubes, with about a 160 hours on them. I will start rolling tubes later this month. I plan on getting the t1 for my birthday later this year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread