or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 508

post #7606 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 

The Meier Classic is a good pairing with T1 IMHO. Infact I believe one of the the HP's he uses while voicing the Classic is T1. he in fact recommended the T1 when asked which HP pairs best with his amp.

I feel the T1 anemic with Corda, specially at low volumes.

 

With HD650 i get the wow factor, with T1 , nope...

 

I dont know, sound perception is something subjective

post #7607 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotiris View Post
 

I feel the T1 anemic with Corda, specially at low volumes.

 

With HD650 i get the wow factor, with T1 , nope...

 

I dont know, sound perception is something subjective


Are you talking about the Meier Classic or another model?

post #7608 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotiris View Post

I feel the T1 anemic with Corda, specially at low volumes.

With HD650 i get the wow factor, with T1 , nope...

I dont know, sound perception is something subjective


With the Hugo it's exactly the other way round the T1s sound exquisite!
post #7609 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racy View Post


With the Hugo it's exactly the other way round the T1s sound exquisite!

 

Really is subjective! I found the T1s + Hugo combination way too bright - unlistenably so on some tracks.

post #7610 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithApe View Post

Really is subjective! I found the T1s + Hugo combination way too bright - unlistenably so on some tracks.

Well yes you're right ultimately all likes and dislikes are subjective! To my ears it's organic liquid and detailed!
post #7611 of 10479

The recent price reductions were enough to make me bite the bullet and buy a pair of T1's and order a Bottlehead Crack kit.  Serial number is #17985.  No markings on the cables.  Sounds wonderful even through the Grado headphone amp I will be using until my Crack arrives.

post #7612 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarquinflimbim View Post

The recent price reductions were enough to make me bite the bullet and buy a pair of T1's and order a Bottlehead Crack kit.  Serial number is #17985.  No markings on the cables.  Sounds wonderful even through the Grado headphone amp I will be using until my Crack arrives.

Congrats welcome to the gang!
post #7613 of 10479

Considering the fact that these don't have detachable cables, what do you do when the cable does go bad, which they all do eventually. Do you have to send them back to Beyer?

post #7614 of 10479
Just joined the club. Had a sneak peek with the T90s but I wasn't ready for the imaging and soundstage it produced. Instantly fell in love. biggrin.gif
post #7615 of 10479

Hi. 

 

I have the T1's and the HD650's. I have a Crack Amp Assembled which needs a fix as it's producing static for some reason, and a speed ball upgrade which needs installing. I was also looking for what is likely to be my next step up in amplication to match these two headphones. I don't want to go crazy since there is a definite diminishing return on investment, but is there a major upgrade to be had without spending the earth, or is the Crack Amp with Speed ball the appropriate end game?

 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

post #7616 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post
 

Considering the fact that these don't have detachable cables, what do you do when the cable does go bad, which they all do eventually. Do you have to send them back to Beyer?

 

Why would the cables go bad eventually?

post #7617 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorJack View Post
 

 

Why would the cables go bad eventually?

I can think of several reasons. New puppies, cable eating insects, flash fire, wife with scissors, etc. 

post #7618 of 10479

Fair enough, but none of those really are due to the "cables going bad" per se.

 

It's like saying the gearbox in your car "gone bad" because someone who doesn't know how to drive stick messed it up.

 

I'm a bit of a long time daily T1 user now and there's absolutely no sign of degradation to its build or sound quality whatsoever. These things are built to last a human lifetime, I hope :D 

post #7619 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post

I can think of several reasons. New puppies, cable eating insects, flash fire, wife with scissors, etc. 

Wife with scissors! ROFL
post #7620 of 10479

the day the cables go bad, you won.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread