Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 497

post #7441 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies View Post
 

Wondering how much improvement after changed to balanced cable and a balanced Amp.

I am using my unbalanced T1's which have been re-cabled with a Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 through a Woo Audio WA2...and it sounds incredible.  That being said I've never heard of anyone going from unbalanced to a good balanced setup who didn't think there was a definite improvement.  Would be curious if anyone feels differently after going balanced.

post #7442 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by billerb1 View Post
 

I am using my unbalanced T1's which have been re-cabled with a Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 through a Woo Audio WA2...and it sounds incredible.  That being said I've never heard of anyone going from unbalanced to a good balanced setup who didn't think there was a definite improvement.  Would be curious if anyone feels differently after going balanced.

 

I heard from someone changed to balanced, the sound stage is wider, but lost some musician. Also wondering if your CD is not balanced, how just change to the balanced XLR cable make it balanced?

post #7443 of 8236

I just listened to my new T1 last night with the soloist and I found it to be very detailed and transparent and I don't find any edginess nor harshness. they are also very neutral and I can clearly listen to individual instruments placing solidly in their spaces. Female vocal is excellent and seems to be very alive. A lot of people said that the sound stage is not large but the symphony music that I had listened last night sounded to be very huge and has expanded way outside of the headphones. I did an A/B test with my trusted HD650 and I put down the HD650 after two minutes and continued to listen to my T1; these are such a big improvement over the HD650. I will still keep my HD650 for some really mellow music but I think I will listen to the T1 99% of the time. At first, I thought the sound was a little lean with the soloist but actually it is it's transparency compared to the over thickness of the HD650. I really like the synergy of the T1 with the Soloist and the T1 has only 2 hours on it and I think it would improve gradually with time. I am really happy with my purchase.

post #7444 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbtam View Post
 

I just listened to my new T1 last night with the soloist and I found it to be very detailed and transparent and I don't find any edginess nor harshness. they are also very neutral and I can clearly listen to individual instruments placing solidly in their spaces. Female vocal is excellent and seems to be very alive. A lot of people said that the sound stage is not large but the symphony music that I had listened last night sounded to be very huge and has expanded way outside of the headphones. I did an A/B test with my trusted HD650 and I put down the HD650 after two minutes and continued to listen to my T1; these are such a big improvement over the HD650. I will still keep my HD650 for some really mellow music but I think I will listen to the T1 99% of the time. At first, I thought the sound was a little lean with the soloist but actually it is it's transparency compared to the over thickness of the HD650. I really like the synergy of the T1 with the Soloist and the T1 has only 2 hours on it and I think it would improve gradually with time. I am really happy with my purchase.

I've listened to my T1's through my son's new Soloist (he's pairing it with his Fostex TH900's) and I thought it sounded great.  Very good detail and timbre...I didn't find it harsh through the treble at all.  I seriously considered it before I decided to go with the WA2.  Great choice !

post #7445 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies View Post
 

What's T1 original cable 6 core mean? It's a balanced cable, but the adapter only has 3 segment, it can't be really balanced.

 

Correct, but you can very easily remove the stock jack and replace with with a 4-pin XLR (or other balanced connector). I can highly recommend it for the same reasons as @punit said - better staging, imaging, layering and darker background

post #7446 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

Correct, but you can very easily remove the stock jack and replace with with a 4-pin XLR (or other balanced connector). I can highly recommend it for the same reasons as @punit said - better staging, imaging, layering and darker background

+1  took fifteen minutes to do and made a world of difference. I just ordered a 4 pin xlr and de-soldered the original connector a few minutes later my T1's were balanced. Makes a very big difference with the T1's more so really than it did with my HD800's.

post #7447 of 8236

I'd want to use the same miniXLR connectors compatible with my audeze so I could share cables.

post #7448 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

Correct, but you can very easily remove the stock jack and replace with with a 4-pin XLR (or other balanced connector). I can highly recommend it for the same reasons as @punit said - better staging, imaging, layering and darker background

 

Currently I don't have a balanced Amp, the burson SL doesn't have XLR output. My CD also doesn't have balanced output.

post #7449 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbtam View Post
 

I just listened to my new T1 last night with the soloist and I found it to be very detailed and transparent and I don't find any edginess nor harshness. they are also very neutral and I can clearly listen to individual instruments placing solidly in their spaces. Female vocal is excellent and seems to be very alive. A lot of people said that the sound stage is not large but the symphony music that I had listened last night sounded to be very huge and has expanded way outside of the headphones. I did an A/B test with my trusted HD650 and I put down the HD650 after two minutes and continued to listen to my T1; these are such a big improvement over the HD650. I will still keep my HD650 for some really mellow music but I think I will listen to the T1 99% of the time. At first, I thought the sound was a little lean with the soloist but actually it is it's transparency compared to the over thickness of the HD650. I really like the synergy of the T1 with the Soloist and the T1 has only 2 hours on it and I think it would improve gradually with time. I am really happy with my purchase.

 

Yes. You feeling is same as mine on SL. I think the stage thing is people comparing with HD800, maybe HD800's stage is too large and not normal?


Edited by truelies - 5/13/14 at 8:13pm
post #7450 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post
 

+1  took fifteen minutes to do and made a world of difference. I just ordered a 4 pin xlr and de-soldered the original connector a few minutes later my T1's were balanced. Makes a very big difference with the T1's more so really than it did with my HD800's.

Hi Chodi...

Is there any video tutorial for this ?

It will be very helpful for a lot of people I believe, at least for me :).

Thanks

post #7451 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 


Nope no detrimental changes to sound. Its been 30-40 days since the T1's were out for the mini-XLR mod, I have since then sold my single ended amp's (WA6 & BH Crack) & moved to balanced WA22, hence cannot really comment on the exact improvement in sound as compared to the stock T1, of course it sounds better but that may be partly / mostly because I have a better amp now. Few things I noticed immediately is that the sound stage width, depth has increased & the space between layers of sounds is more pronounced now, Clarity & top end extension is bit better but again I think most of this is because of the change in amp.

 

Also am using DHC "Peptide Hybrid" silver-copper 26awg litz cable now.

 

 

After my very favourable experience with BH Crack I've decided I will always want to own a high quality OTL amp, for those times when I want thumping bass on my high impd HP's. I have placed an order for a custom made OTL , but that will take another 2 months.

Ah WA22...the amps that now I really considering to have.

Is it an all rounder, jack of all trades amps Punit ? What cans have you tried on it and give their best performance ?

I just want one good amps that can be use for most TOTL cans and be done with it for a while :).

post #7452 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakBaru View Post
 

Hi Chodi...

Is there any video tutorial for this ?

It will be very helpful for a lot of people I believe, at least for me :).

Thanks

I actually posted all that in this thread a few weeks ago when I did it. Let me go look for it and I will come back and give you the post numbers.

 

Found it: start reading at post 7187 in this thread. You will get all the information you need over those couple of pages.


Edited by Chodi - 5/13/14 at 8:19pm
post #7453 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakBaru View Post
 

Ah WA22...the amps that now I really considering to have.

Is it an all rounder, jack of all trades amps Punit ? What cans have you tried on it and give their best performance ?

I just want one good amps that can be use for most TOTL cans and be done with it for a while :).


Works very well with HD 800, TH 900, T1, D5000. Also works well with HE 6 for smooth vocal based music like Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Dido, Adele etc. or  Jazz but not for Classical or EDM or other music where greater dynamic range is required.

post #7454 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies View Post

Yes. You feeling is same as mine on SL. I think the stage thing is people comparing with HD800, maybe HD800's stage is too large and not normal?
Yes ,the more I listened to my T1, the more I love it and glad with my decision.
post #7455 of 8236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodi View Post
 

I actually posted all that in this thread a few weeks ago when I did it. Let me go look for it and I will come back and give you the post numbers.

 

Found it: start reading at post 7187 in this thread. You will get all the information you need over those couple of pages.

Thanks Chodi, this is great stuff.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread