Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 496

post #7426 of 8225
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
 

 

Not to burst your bubble but the Americans (Audeze) have the Germans beat on this one :tongue_smile: 

 

Lets talk about that in 15 years (Beyer supports their top-models for 20+ years ;-)

 

No, in general I've found build quality to be excellent in their midrange and high end offerings. Did not try any budget headphones so I can't comment on that. The headband not retaining position 100% accurately is more of a nuisance than a failure. And nothing that will break or severely hinder usage over the years. Its more nitpicking my favorite headphone a bit ;-)

post #7427 of 8225
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

 

Lets talk about that in 15 years (Beyer supports their top-models for 20+ years ;-)

 

No, in general I've found build quality to be excellent in their midrange and high end offerings. Did not try any budget headphones so I can't comment on that. The headband not retaining position 100% accurately is more of a nuisance than a failure. And nothing that will break or severely hinder usage over the years. Its more nitpicking my favorite headphone a bit ;-)

put it on my calendar...

post #7428 of 8225

You bring beer + Audeze, I'll bring my T1 and a fine Whisky of corresponding age ;-)

post #7429 of 8225

My T1 with mini-xlr mods from BTG :

 

 

post #7430 of 8225

I became a new owner of T1 today and the serial no. 18421.

I just listen it for two min with some female vocal, it is very transparent but a little thin compared to my HD650.

post #7431 of 8225

Greetings! Does anyone know if Burson Soloist is sufficient for T1?

post #7432 of 8225

Sure it delivers enough power... most people seem to prefer warmer amps with the T1 though, so whether you will enjoy the pairing is a different issue entirely.   I'm not sure which part of it you're looking to buy, but if there's a chance you can audition first do it...

post #7433 of 8225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errymoose View Post
 

Sure it delivers enough power... most people seem to prefer warmer amps with the T1 though, so whether you will enjoy the pairing is a different issue entirely.   I'm not sure which part of it you're looking to buy, but if there's a chance you can audition first do it...

 

+1

 

The Soloist has a very "etched", sharp-edged sound which could easily become tiresome and fatiguing to some people with the T1s. Nice amp, just not necessarily to everyone's tastes.

post #7434 of 8225
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post
 

You bring beer + Audeze, I'll bring my T1 and a fine Whisky of corresponding age ;-)

 

Agree T1 gets better with age :tongue_smile:

post #7435 of 8225

Does anyone have any experience pushing the T1's with a FiiO E18 or a Bravo Audio Ocean amp? I know the T1's benefit greatly from better dacs and amps, but these are the only 2 I will be owning for a good while most likely, unless someone answers my Wanted Ad for some Mister-X portables such as an XP or Mini3 or HPDac :)

post #7436 of 8225

Wow this is great punit.

My local modder say it will be a major mod to do so therefore I go ahead with a more simpler solution by adding like 5cm cable from the headphone and terminate it with 4pin mini XLR.

With this we don't do any drilling or structural changes in the T1.

Hope the result will be as good as a direct one like this.

 

How's it sound btw ?

No changes from the original assume everything remain the same.

 

Quote:

 

Originally Posted by punit View Post
 

My T1 with mini-xlr mods from BTG :

 

 

post #7437 of 8225
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakBaru View Post
 

Wondering how much improvement after changed to balanced cable and a balanced Amp.

post #7438 of 8225
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakBaru View Post
 


Nope no detrimental changes to sound. Its been 30-40 days since the T1's were out for the mini-XLR mod, I have since then sold my single ended amp's (WA6 & BH Crack) & moved to balanced WA22, hence cannot really comment on the exact improvement in sound as compared to the stock T1, of course it sounds better but that may be partly / mostly because I have a better amp now. Few things I noticed immediately is that the sound stage width, depth has increased & the space between layers of sounds is more pronounced now, Clarity & top end extension is bit better but again I think most of this is because of the change in amp.

 

Also am using DHC "Peptide Hybrid" silver-copper 26awg litz cable now.

 

 

After my very favourable experience with BH Crack I've decided I will always want to own a high quality OTL amp, for those times when I want thumping bass on my high impd HP's. I have placed an order for a custom made OTL , but that will take another 2 months.


Edited by punit - 5/13/14 at 9:42am
post #7439 of 8225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbtam View Post
 

Greetings! Does anyone know if Burson Soloist is sufficient for T1?

I am using T1 with Soloist SL, like it very much. Burson SL is transparent and silence, but if you want to add some warm to T1, this will not fit, it only provide true sound.

post #7440 of 8225

What's T1 original cable 6 core mean? It's a balanced cable, but the adapter only has 3 segment, it can't be really balanced.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread