or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 50

post #736 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophonax View Post

 



Ditto -- these new T1s (46xx) have great, robust bass.  I was originally planning to hang onto my DT990/600 as my fun, bassy headphone -- not anymore!  The bass on this new pair of T1s is nearly as strong as that on the DT990s, as well as being tighter and more articulate.  Great stuff!

 

More fuel to the fire -- here's a ranking of bass quantity in the various Beyers I've had over the past year:

 

DT990/600 > T1 (46xx) >> DT880/600 > T1 (19xx)

 

The two T1s I had really were that different.

The 35XX I had did not have anywhere near the bass quantity of either of my DT990s. More than the DT880 for sure, but not even close to the 990. The T1 was basically bass neutral. If I got one with just like 10% more bass, I'd be in heaven.

 

If Beyer has come out and said there has been no change, what are we to make of all this? Lies? Bad quality control? Different head positioning?
 

 

post #737 of 10479

Maybe just one person's "coloured" opinion.  I just feel they represent the bass properly on some music.  By that I mean actual musical instruments, not like dubstep etc.

post #738 of 10479

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alghazanth View Post

The 35XX I had did not have anywhere near the bass quantity of either of my DT990s. More than the DT880 for sure, but not even close to the 990. The T1 was basically bass neutral. If I got one with just like 10% more bass, I'd be in heaven.

 

If Beyer has come out and said there has been no change, what are we to make of all this? Lies? Bad quality control? Different head positioning?

 


I really don't know what to make of it myself -- just reporting my experiences.  All I know is that I'm loving this new pair (46xx)!

 

Oh, and as for the headband change -- a big step in the right direction, IMO.  The crown of my head would get a bit sore after wearing the old headband for a couple of hours.  With the new headband, I can wear the T1s for hours on end without any comfort issues.

post #739 of 10479


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophonax View Post

 


I really don't know what to make of it myself -- just reporting my experiences.  All I know is that I'm loving this new pair (46xx)!

 

Oh, and as for the headband change -- a big step in the right direction, IMO.  The crown of my head would get a bit sore after wearing the old headband for a couple of hours.  With the new headband, I can wear the T1s for hours on end without any comfort issues.


I agree with the headband change. It is much more comfortable than the older pair I owned.. I have found nothing not to like about the Newer model T1 I have now. They are outstanding and built with the quality Beyer is famous for.

 

post #740 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophonax View Post

 


I really don't know what to make of it myself -- just reporting my experiences.  All I know is that I'm loving this new pair (46xx)!

 

Oh, and as for the headband change -- a big step in the right direction, IMO.  The crown of my head would get a bit sore after wearing the old headband for a couple of hours.  With the new headband, I can wear the T1s for hours on end without any comfort issues.

I had the new headband too, one of the most comfy cans ever. Only problem is that stupid cable that weighs more than the can itself.
 

 

post #741 of 10479



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

I am certain that what Mr. Weidemann said Is correct. User expectations, as well as things like changing the positioning on the head (the T1 will sound very different depending on how it is worn) as well as perhaps very minor differences in samples are what account for the differences. There are not and never have been two versions of this headphone. unless you are very careful in a very controlled test, including making sure the two headphones are compared in the same session, using the same gear and music, and with the headphones positioned exactly the same way on the head, you could easily hear the headphones differently. All you have to do is slide the headphone forward and back on your head to see how different they can sound in different positions.

That does not, of course, mean that everyone will actually like the T1, but the odds are that any two samples are going to sound substantially similar, and the half dozen pairs I have heard all sounded the same to me.

You know, trotting out the party line doesn't make all the overly bright, bass light T-1s go away.

 

I don't care if you call it a defective headphone or a  different version.  Judging from the number of posts in this thread alone there are enough of them out there.


 

post #742 of 10479

LMAO. Somethings will never change. Beyerksc75smile.gif is wrong and oH wellbigsmile_face.gif

post #743 of 10479

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alghazanth View Post

I had the new headband too, one of the most comfy cans ever. Only problem is that stupid cable that weighs more than the can itself.
 


Yeah, I hear you about the cable -- not too dissimilar from a couple of garden hoses strapped together.  Oh well, nothing can really be perfect...

post #744 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophonax View Post

Yeah, I hear you about the cable -- not too dissimilar from a couple of garden hoses strapped together.  Oh well, nothing can really be perfect...


The interesting thing is that the cable is mostly rubber.... IIRC, the wire inside is only a skinny 24 gauge.

 

post #745 of 10479
Thread Starter 

Yes the cable is about 3/4 thicker than the combined wires in that one cable. It's really an overly thick cable but a good quality one at that. I know Sommer makes thinner cabling that is just as good so I don't understand why beyer went with such a thick cable.

 

IMO the T1 does not need to ever be recabled. The stock cable is already a high quality OFC so anything after that won't provide a massive improvement.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post


The interesting thing is that the cable is mostly rubber.... IIRC, the wire inside is only a skinny 24 gauge.

post #746 of 10479


Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post

Yes the cable is about 3/4 thicker than the combined wires in that one cable. It's really an overly thick cable but a good quality one at that. I know Sommer makes thinner cabling that is just as good so I don't understand why beyer went with such a thick cable.

 

IMO the T1 does not need to ever be recabled. The stock cable is already a high quality OFC so anything after that won't provide a massive improvement.
 


Since I've never directly compared my recabled T1s to the standard cable, I can't say if or how affects the sound (my experience with adding a Zu Mobius on a pair of HD 650s tells me that a headphone cable can yield an improvement).

 

However, the look and comfort of the Black Dragon is almost worth the price of admission alone. It's like putting rims on a nice car.

 

post #747 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierika View Post


Quote:

<snip>

 

However, the look and comfort of the Black Dragon is almost worth the price of admission alone. It's like putting rims on a nice car.

 

 

Fashion.  OK.

 


 

 

post #748 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post



 

Fashion.  OK.

 


 

 

Not only, the stock cable is atrociously heavy and literally drags down an otherwise very comfortable headphone.
 

 

post #749 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alghazanth View Post

Not only, the stock cable is atrociously heavy and literally drags down an otherwise very comfortable headphone.
 


I wonder if Beyer knew this when they chose the heavy rubber cable?

 

post #750 of 10479

Although thick, at least the T1 cable is limber.  I much prefer the T1 cable to the HiFiMan HE-500 cable which is thick and stiff.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread