Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 487

post #7291 of 7968

Am about to open mine up and hard solder in a custom Skoll cable... any tricks for popping off the driver retainers without marking them up?

post #7292 of 7968
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
 

Am about to open mine up and hard solder in a custom Skoll cable... any tricks for popping off the driver retainers without marking them up?

 

There are grooves that will allow you to insert a small, flat head screw driver down beside the retainer ring without marking the visible surfaces. If you have a hard plastic screw driver you could use that as extra precaution of course.

post #7293 of 7968

Thinking of picking up a Bottlehead Crack + Speedball for my T1's.

 

Any opinions on that pairing?

post #7294 of 7968
Quote:
Originally Posted by dduck View Post
 

Thinking of picking up a Bottlehead Crack + Speedball for my T1's.

 

Any opinions on that pairing?

 

Bottlehead Crack + Speedball Its a excellent pairing with the T1 imho. I have hot-rodded  my Crack + Speedball by replacing the electrolytic coupling capacitors with film ones and Teflon bypass capacitors along with  changing the volume pot for a stepped attenuator.  Its simply stunning with the T1's. The mods cost roughly $150 +/- depending on what type/brand of parts. 

 

http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php/topic,5284.0.html

post #7295 of 7968
Quote:
Originally Posted by dduck View Post
 

Thinking of picking up a Bottlehead Crack + Speedball for my T1's.

 

Any opinions on that pairing?

 

I am running this setup and I am very happy with it, particularly after experimenting with tube swapping.

post #7296 of 7968
Hello all.
I don't reply much on these forums as of late any way. After having the T1s for a month or so thought I might
add my 2 cents. And what I would say is I love mysteries things that are in plain sight and can not be seen by
every one. Something that you have to take some time with to really know what all the fuss is about. Like when you were a kid and thought you just had to have a certain girl and found out later she was not what you thought
she was. Or when you finally meant the right one and she was the right one only to you. Because you took the time to get to know someone in a way that she would only revel her self to you. That is what the T 1 is like a great mystery. To many just a headphone in fact to some the headphone from Hell. But to others who will take the time to discover her secrets a wonderful way to see inside music like no other I have heard. Don't waste your time trying to tell me why for you this may not be true. Because it will be time wasted. I am an old guy and have been doing this for awhile. Any way I have and have had other headphones and now find myself
spending little or no time at all with the others. Like when I finally meant my present wife she was like no other.
And so are these headphones if taken time with they are magical and like a secret door into recordings like no other. Now the other headphones remind me of whores all painted up and trying to do what these do with no effort. Any way just thought I would chime in with a few who have taken the time to discover a pearl of great price.
post #7297 of 7968
A pearl of great price indeed. I would bury it in a field and sell all the other headphones I possessed to buy that field.

Just a matter of determining the setting for that pearl, which is where I find myself now. Am planning a Bottlehead Crack build.
post #7298 of 7968

Replaced the OEM cable with a Skoll cable direct wired.  Was a bit of hassle prying the T1 apart without damaging anything too bad but was pretty easy de-soldering and resoldering the new cable on.  The un-sleeved Skoll fits perfectly through the OEM rubber strain relief and overall sounds very nice, lots of detail and improved bass however comfort was my goal and is the real advantage of this cable.  A cable as light, flexible, and microphonic free as anyone could hope for.  A highly recommended upgrade for anyone who appreciates comfort as much as quality.

 

Trevor of Norne Audio was a pleasure to do business with. (norneaudio@gmail.com)

 

The only issue I had was the 1/4" Furutech Rhodium plugs used actually do not fit into my WA7 amp input without reshaping the tip.  Trevor is currently working on getting this resolved for me directly through Furutech.  Just a warning to anyone thinking about using Furutech plugs.

 

Anyone interested in a T1 OEM cable PM me.

post #7299 of 7968
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedave View Post

Hello all.
I don't reply much on these forums as of late any way. After having the T1s for a month or so thought I might
add my 2 cents. And what I would say is I love mysteries things that are in plain sight and can not be seen by
every one. Something that you have to take some time with to really know what all the fuss is about. Like when you were a kid and thought you just had to have a certain girl and found out later she was not what you thought
she was. Or when you finally meant the right one and she was the right one only to you. Because you took the time to get to know someone in a way that she would only revel her self to you. That is what the T 1 is like a great mystery. To many just a headphone in fact to some the headphone from Hell. But to others who will take the time to discover her secrets a wonderful way to see inside music like no other I have heard. Don't waste your time trying to tell me why for you this may not be true. Because it will be time wasted. I am an old guy and have been doing this for awhile. Any way I have and have had other headphones and now find myself
spending little or no time at all with the others. Like when I finally meant my present wife she was like no other.
And so are these headphones if taken time with they are magical and like a secret door into recordings like no other. Now the other headphones remind me of whores all painted up and trying to do what these do with no effort. Any way just thought I would chime in with a few who have taken the time to discover a pearl of great price.

Wonderfully stated. I have also owned many headphones and IEMs from when they were conceived to now and I would say the the T1 and my SE-846 are my go to HP and IEM.  I still regularly listen to my ESP-950 and my T90 but if I have some time I will always sit down with the new T1.  

post #7300 of 7968
I don't even listen to my other headphones. I had a pair of Audeze that were pretty nice hard wired and all I no longer even have them. I just found I was no longer interested in them. I have a rig with the HD-600 and believe I will give them away which is what I did with the Audeze. The T1 is not to me just a good all rounder it is just good period and is the only headphone I listen to. Like I said if you take a little time with it I see no need for any other. That may not be for every one. But for me it works.
post #7301 of 7968

The best thing about the T1 vs my LCD X/XC is the light weight.  The LCD trumps in sound quality but my neck starts hurting after long listening sessions.  I have neck issues though so this may or not be a factor for others.  Having replaced the OEM cable has stepped up the T1 game for me as the cable stiffnes and weight was one of the biggest issues I had with it.  The Norne cable also sounds quite a bit better.  Better bass extension and smoother highs.  It is a 4' cable though so the impedance is less then half what the stock cable was.

post #7302 of 7968
I might sell my Lambda Pros. I just don't listen as much as the T1. They have been in a box since the NYC meet a month ago lol. The Soloist is in a box too, as is my DIY Amp, since I've just been using the Crack + T1. I think I need to sell some tubes too, I bought a few junk 6080's and 2 Clear Top RCA 12AX7, but the Chatham 6080 and the stock 12au7 sound better than any other combo, so shucks haha
post #7303 of 7968
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post
It is a 4' cable though so the impedance is less then half what the stock cable was.

 

Which will not make a difference given the nominal impedance of the T1 of 600Ohm...

 

Yes, the weight of the stock cable is a bit high, but I'm quite content with it, it fits optically and is quite robust (survived the wheels of my office chair several times ;-)

Its a nice touch that they chose a Neutrik plug...

post #7304 of 7968

i just recently dealt with another user of T1 for an exchange between my CIEM -> UM Miracle for a Beyer T1, which I consider it one hell of an exchange. He is a ciem addict, while I fond of headphones. With some minor top up, I'll be holding a T1 for my own, yay

post #7305 of 7968

Wow. If I had to choose between those 2 (I own both) I would have a very hard time deciding!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread