Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 483

post #7231 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotto123 View Post
 

So a pre-built Bottlehead Crack with the Speedball Upgrade from a fellow head-fier is on its way. All I need now is a decent DAC. I got my T1's for £500 so there's no way that I'm going to spend more on a DAC than the headphones - it just seems wrong to me.

 

Schiit Bifrost seems to be ideal but it's £449 - £519 in the U.K, depending on whether you select the Uber model or not. I estimate it costing around £375-400 from Schiit (Non-uber model), including shipping and customs, but I'm still not looking to spend that much.

 

Can anyone recommend a good DAC that is £250 or under?

 

Has anyone used the E-DAC 24 bit Miniature USB DAC from Epiphany Acoustics?  http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/e-dac-24bit-miniature-usb-dac/

 

What about the Schiit Modi or Musical Fidelity V-90?

 

I only listen to music through my laptop.

 

Cheers

 

Hi see if you can get a demo or loan of a Marantz 7004 network player, it can be used as a stand alone dac, has multiple inputs etc.  The dac section is reportedly the same as in Marantz's reference Pearl model cd player which cost £2500 when it came out a few years ago.

 

I am using one as a stand alone dac with my own Crack and T1's and find it to be refined, detailed and a all round very capable performer. I have no plans to change it and am even contemplating picking up another one for a different system. They come up quiet regularly used on ebay for around £200. It also will do airplay which is great for streaming lossless from iphone, ipad. The early reported bugs look to have been fixed now via firmware updates, I certainly have had no issues with mine and think its a neat bit of kit for not a lot of money.

post #7232 of 7966

Just a quick note that I am impressed by the T1's ability to scale up.  For fun I experimented with inserting my Jeff Rowland preamp from my speaker setup in front of my Crack+Speedball amp.  Big improvement over using the Crack's volume control, particularly in terms of soundstaging, more natural detail, black background and much better impression of the space in which the music was recorded.

 

The T1's easily revealed the improvements from inserting a high quality preamp in the playback chain. My already great impression of my T1's just went up several notches.  This is a very good headphone.


Edited by BlakeT - 3/31/14 at 10:33am
post #7233 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotto123 View Post
 

So a pre-built Bottlehead Crack with the Speedball Upgrade from a fellow head-fier is on its way. All I need now is a decent DAC. I got my T1's for £500 so there's no way that I'm going to spend more on a DAC than the headphones - it just seems wrong to me.

 

Schiit Bifrost seems to be ideal but it's £449 - £519 in the U.K, depending on whether you select the Uber model or not. I estimate it costing around £375-400 from Schiit (Non-uber model), including shipping and customs, but I'm still not looking to spend that much.

 

Can anyone recommend a good DAC that is £250 or under?

 

Has anyone used the E-DAC 24 bit Miniature USB DAC from Epiphany Acoustics?  http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/e-dac-24bit-miniature-usb-dac/

 

What about the Schiit Modi or Musical Fidelity V-90?

 

I only listen to music through my laptop.

 

Cheers

 

Amp and Headphone are critical to sound quality, the DAC is not so important, you can buy a good CD(SACD) player without use DAC.

post #7234 of 7966

Just thought I would mention as your using a pc for source that if your running iTunes on the pc it will show as airplay and with one click stream to the Marantz.

post #7235 of 7966

once again, buydig has a huge sale on T1s, use code insanetunes

post #7236 of 7966

Here's a link for the T1 on their store. Price comes to $849 after the insanetunes coupon.

 

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=BEYT1

post #7237 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMcC View Post
 

Just thought I would mention as your using a pc for source that if your running iTunes on the pc it will show as airplay and with one click stream to the Marantz.


Cheers for the heads up.

 

Not sure which direction I want to go in yet. Looks like I have a fair bit of research to do.

post #7238 of 7966

I've decided that I don't want to spend too much on a DAC.

 

It's come down to the ODAC, Modi or HRT Music Streamer II.

 

Which one do you guys think will go best with the Crack + Speedball and T1's?

post #7239 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotto123 View Post
 

I've decided that I don't want to spend too much on a DAC.

 

It's come down to the ODAC, Modi or HRT Music Streamer II.

 

Which one do you guys think will go best with the Crack + Speedball and T1's?

 

Compare the specs.  :beerchug:

post #7240 of 7966

Hello, I am a new T1 owner thanks to the Buy Dig sale.  I am enjoying them nicely, but I hear squeaking out of the left ear cup if I rotate my head or move my jaw a certain way.  I searched the internet and found this review for the Beyer DT770:

 

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2H5MH9DF5B1UE/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_alt_1

 

The squeak is described as "like a new leather jacket" and that it goes away with time.  I'd describe that as what I'm hearing out of the T1, and so I'm expecting it to go away sooner or later.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience with the T1 specifically.

 

Thanks.

post #7241 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
 

Hello, I am a new T1 owner thanks to the Buy Dig sale.  I am enjoying them nicely, but I hear squeaking out of the left ear cup if I rotate my head or move my jaw a certain way.  I searched the internet and found this review for the Beyer DT770:

 

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2H5MH9DF5B1UE/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_alt_1

 

The squeak is described as "like a new leather jacket" and that it goes away with time.  I'd describe that as what I'm hearing out of the T1, and so I'm expecting it to go away sooner or later.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience with the T1 specifically.

 

Thanks.


I had a squeak on my HD800s and after a week I figured out it was caused by my glasses rubbing against the cushion.. are you wearing glasses? it went away fyi.

post #7242 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post
 


I had a squeak on my HD800s and after a week I figured out it was caused by my glasses rubbing against the cushion.. are you wearing glasses? it went away fyi.

Ahh, yes I am wearing glasses.  I tried taking them off and that seemed to mitigate the squeak.  Thanks for the answer.  I'll count on it going away eventually.

post #7243 of 7966

I was thinking it might be a microphonic cable, as the T1 cable is known to have some issues in that regard, but the glasses seem to have been the culprit.


Edited by BlakeT - 4/1/14 at 5:26pm
post #7244 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
 

Ahh, yes I am wearing glasses.  I tried taking them off and that seemed to mitigate the squeak.  Thanks for the answer.  I'll count on it going away eventually.

Yep. I had the same issue with my glasses. It took me over a week to figure that one out. I should have asked on the forum. I say it took about 20 hours of use before my glass and cushion combination stopped squeaking.

post #7245 of 7966

...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread