analogy? specificity? what are you even talking about?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 12/8/10 at 8:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 472post #7066 of 96733/2/14 at 12:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7067 of 96733/2/14 at 12:37pmpost #7068 of 96733/2/14 at 12:39pmpost #7069 of 96733/2/14 at 12:43pmpost #7070 of 96733/2/14 at 3:23pmpost #7071 of 96733/2/14 at 3:36pmpost #7072 of 96733/2/14 at 3:42pmpost #7073 of 96733/2/14 at 3:53pmpost #7074 of 96733/2/14 at 3:54pm
Mp3 files no doubt.
This subject has been a big fat waste of time and I think it would be a good idea if the mods would clean up the last few pages related to this subject as its all basically gibberish and of no use to anyone.post #7075 of 96733/2/14 at 4:00pmpost #7076 of 96733/2/14 at 4:50pm
Yeah I didn't really get the review. Seemed to be all over the place.
I disagreed with some of the comparisons and observations he made saying the T1 sounds like an SRH840, and also has boomy bass; also those 2 statements kind of contradict each other. Like if you want to hear boomy/loose bass, try out a HD650 directly after either the T1 or 840.
But then in some sections it goes on to praise the mid range, instrument separation, and detail retrieval vs the HD800 . Which I actually disagree with there too, and find the HD800 the more detailed phone.
Citing it as having distortions then just referencing Innerfidelity's measurements is kind of hacky to put in a review as well. I mean why do the review, just link to theirs.
Then at the end of it all the T1 gets a 1 star. That certainly doesn't seem very objective or even handed. I honestly get not liking a headphone, I've been there. Some almost universally praised headphones I've disliked. Unfortunately I really don't hear the T1 the same as the reviewer here, at all.
// As a sidenote: Trying them off a WA2 or another tube amp with a higher output impedance may resolve the fatiguing treble and give you a significantly more lush full bodied mid range. YMMV to each their own.post #7077 of 96733/2/14 at 4:53pmQuote:
Absolutely agree with your thought of cleaning up this discussion. I believe reviews have a comment section so maybe some of this discussion should be moved there.post #7078 of 96733/2/14 at 4:55pmpost #7079 of 96733/2/14 at 5:12pmpost #7080 of 96733/2/14 at 5:20pm
Guys, there is no need to be rude. ag8908 simply doesn't have an amp, so his impressions are based on him using high-end headphones out of a phone, which we know is not ideal but he has yet to discover.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 45 seconds ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Can anyone recommend me a custom cable for my k10? 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 or Fiio X3 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 6 minutes ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 7 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2