analogy? specificity? what are you even talking about?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 472post #7066 of 78193/2/14 at 12:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7067 of 78193/2/14 at 12:37pmpost #7068 of 78193/2/14 at 12:39pmpost #7069 of 78193/2/14 at 12:43pmpost #7070 of 78193/2/14 at 3:23pmpost #7071 of 78193/2/14 at 3:36pmpost #7072 of 78193/2/14 at 3:42pmpost #7073 of 78193/2/14 at 3:53pmpost #7074 of 78193/2/14 at 3:54pm
Mp3 files no doubt.
This subject has been a big fat waste of time and I think it would be a good idea if the mods would clean up the last few pages related to this subject as its all basically gibberish and of no use to anyone.post #7075 of 78193/2/14 at 4:00pmpost #7076 of 78193/2/14 at 4:50pm
Yeah I didn't really get the review. Seemed to be all over the place.
I disagreed with some of the comparisons and observations he made saying the T1 sounds like an SRH840, and also has boomy bass; also those 2 statements kind of contradict each other. Like if you want to hear boomy/loose bass, try out a HD650 directly after either the T1 or 840.
But then in some sections it goes on to praise the mid range, instrument separation, and detail retrieval vs the HD800 . Which I actually disagree with there too, and find the HD800 the more detailed phone.
Citing it as having distortions then just referencing Innerfidelity's measurements is kind of hacky to put in a review as well. I mean why do the review, just link to theirs.
Then at the end of it all the T1 gets a 1 star. That certainly doesn't seem very objective or even handed. I honestly get not liking a headphone, I've been there. Some almost universally praised headphones I've disliked. Unfortunately I really don't hear the T1 the same as the reviewer here, at all.
// As a sidenote: Trying them off a WA2 or another tube amp with a higher output impedance may resolve the fatiguing treble and give you a significantly more lush full bodied mid range. YMMV to each their own.post #7077 of 78193/2/14 at 4:53pmQuote:
Absolutely agree with your thought of cleaning up this discussion. I believe reviews have a comment section so maybe some of this discussion should be moved there.post #7078 of 78193/2/14 at 4:55pmpost #7079 of 78193/2/14 at 5:12pmpost #7080 of 78193/2/14 at 5:20pm
Guys, there is no need to be rude. ag8908 simply doesn't have an amp, so his impressions are based on him using high-end headphones out of a phone, which we know is not ideal but he has yet to discover.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X3 mod - AD8397 to AD8620 10 seconds ago
- › ATH-A500X Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 34 seconds ago
- › Looking for recommendations for closed headphones around $100. 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Hello, denon d600 - fostex th600 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X vs Stax 007 / 009 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Help 3 minutes ago
- › Orgy of Capacitors: The Cap Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)