analogy? specificity? what are you even talking about?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 12/8/10 at 8:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
thinksound rain2 - A mini Review Firstly, I'd like to thank @d marc0 for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 472post #7066 of 89823/2/14 at 12:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7067 of 89823/2/14 at 12:37pmpost #7068 of 89823/2/14 at 12:39pmpost #7069 of 89823/2/14 at 12:43pmpost #7070 of 89823/2/14 at 3:23pmpost #7071 of 89823/2/14 at 3:36pmpost #7072 of 89823/2/14 at 3:42pmpost #7073 of 89823/2/14 at 3:53pmpost #7074 of 89823/2/14 at 3:54pm
Mp3 files no doubt.
This subject has been a big fat waste of time and I think it would be a good idea if the mods would clean up the last few pages related to this subject as its all basically gibberish and of no use to anyone.post #7075 of 89823/2/14 at 4:00pmpost #7076 of 89823/2/14 at 4:50pm
Yeah I didn't really get the review. Seemed to be all over the place.
I disagreed with some of the comparisons and observations he made saying the T1 sounds like an SRH840, and also has boomy bass; also those 2 statements kind of contradict each other. Like if you want to hear boomy/loose bass, try out a HD650 directly after either the T1 or 840.
But then in some sections it goes on to praise the mid range, instrument separation, and detail retrieval vs the HD800 . Which I actually disagree with there too, and find the HD800 the more detailed phone.
Citing it as having distortions then just referencing Innerfidelity's measurements is kind of hacky to put in a review as well. I mean why do the review, just link to theirs.
Then at the end of it all the T1 gets a 1 star. That certainly doesn't seem very objective or even handed. I honestly get not liking a headphone, I've been there. Some almost universally praised headphones I've disliked. Unfortunately I really don't hear the T1 the same as the reviewer here, at all.
// As a sidenote: Trying them off a WA2 or another tube amp with a higher output impedance may resolve the fatiguing treble and give you a significantly more lush full bodied mid range. YMMV to each their own.post #7077 of 89823/2/14 at 4:53pmQuote:
Absolutely agree with your thought of cleaning up this discussion. I believe reviews have a comment section so maybe some of this discussion should be moved there.post #7078 of 89823/2/14 at 4:55pmpost #7079 of 89823/2/14 at 5:12pmpost #7080 of 89823/2/14 at 5:20pm
Guys, there is no need to be rude. ag8908 simply doesn't have an amp, so his impressions are based on him using high-end headphones out of a phone, which we know is not ideal but he has yet to discover.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 37 seconds ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 54 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 59 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › FLC Technology FLC8 by jk47
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2