analogy? specificity? what are you even talking about?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 472post #7066 of 79663/2/14 at 12:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7067 of 79663/2/14 at 12:37pmpost #7068 of 79663/2/14 at 12:39pmpost #7069 of 79663/2/14 at 12:43pmpost #7070 of 79663/2/14 at 3:23pmpost #7071 of 79663/2/14 at 3:36pmpost #7072 of 79663/2/14 at 3:42pmpost #7073 of 79663/2/14 at 3:53pmpost #7074 of 79663/2/14 at 3:54pm
Mp3 files no doubt.
This subject has been a big fat waste of time and I think it would be a good idea if the mods would clean up the last few pages related to this subject as its all basically gibberish and of no use to anyone.post #7075 of 79663/2/14 at 4:00pmpost #7076 of 79663/2/14 at 4:50pm
Yeah I didn't really get the review. Seemed to be all over the place.
I disagreed with some of the comparisons and observations he made saying the T1 sounds like an SRH840, and also has boomy bass; also those 2 statements kind of contradict each other. Like if you want to hear boomy/loose bass, try out a HD650 directly after either the T1 or 840.
But then in some sections it goes on to praise the mid range, instrument separation, and detail retrieval vs the HD800 . Which I actually disagree with there too, and find the HD800 the more detailed phone.
Citing it as having distortions then just referencing Innerfidelity's measurements is kind of hacky to put in a review as well. I mean why do the review, just link to theirs.
Then at the end of it all the T1 gets a 1 star. That certainly doesn't seem very objective or even handed. I honestly get not liking a headphone, I've been there. Some almost universally praised headphones I've disliked. Unfortunately I really don't hear the T1 the same as the reviewer here, at all.
// As a sidenote: Trying them off a WA2 or another tube amp with a higher output impedance may resolve the fatiguing treble and give you a significantly more lush full bodied mid range. YMMV to each their own.post #7077 of 79663/2/14 at 4:53pmQuote:
Absolutely agree with your thought of cleaning up this discussion. I believe reviews have a comment section so maybe some of this discussion should be moved there.post #7078 of 79663/2/14 at 4:55pmpost #7079 of 79663/2/14 at 5:12pmpost #7080 of 79663/2/14 at 5:20pm
Guys, there is no need to be rude. ag8908 simply doesn't have an amp, so his impressions are based on him using high-end headphones out of a phone, which we know is not ideal but he has yet to discover.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced 6 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for: Closed Headphones (~$400) 29 seconds ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 39 seconds ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 40 seconds ago
- › Sub-100 euro in-ear headphones 49 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 VS Colorfly C3? 3 minutes ago
- › HiFIMan HE-500 3 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)