Just placed an order to join this exclusive club this evening. Thanks Buydig!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 12/8/10 at 8:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 461post #6901 of 88272/27/14 at 9:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6902 of 88272/27/14 at 11:12pmQuote:
Congrats! You'll love them. What amp are you going to be using?post #6903 of 88272/27/14 at 11:22pm
Nothing I have currently will really do the T1 justice, but my temporary amp will be the FiiO E12. I have both of the crowdfunded Light Harmonic Geek products coming this year and that's what will eventually be amping the T1, but until then I just have to make do with what I have.post #6904 of 88272/28/14 at 3:16amQuote:Originally Posted by AxelCloris
Nothing I have currently will really do the T1 justice, but my temporary amp will be the FiiO E12. I have both of the crowdfunded Light Harmonic Geek products coming this year and that's what will eventually be amping the T1, but until then I just have to make do with what I have.
I can't wait for your impressions on the Geek Pulse (the desktop one?) with the T1post #6905 of 88272/28/14 at 9:59ampost #6906 of 88272/28/14 at 10:05ampost #6907 of 88272/28/14 at 10:08am
Interesting to see how they juke Amazon out of proper automated competitive pricing by using the advertise a different price then your cart idea. In fact the advertised price was even inflated to force Amazon to take the high road.post #6908 of 88272/28/14 at 2:50pmpost #6909 of 88272/28/14 at 2:52pmpost #6910 of 88272/28/14 at 3:01pmpost #6911 of 88272/28/14 at 3:02pmpost #6912 of 88272/28/14 at 3:12pmpost #6913 of 88272/28/14 at 3:15pm
that seems really odd. buydig is selling them for about $730 if you ignore shipping. how could they possibly have purchased them cheaply enough to sell them for $730? (does anyone know the wholesale price?)
let's see if you guys actually get them, and they're authentic, not refurbished/open box, warrantied and so on. it's odd that buydig would offer such a huge discount.
i'm kind of annoyed now though. kind of cheapens the headphones and removes some of the joy I would have felt using them.
Edited by ag8908 - 2/28/14 at 3:55pmpost #6914 of 88272/28/14 at 3:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by StanT
I was able to control the treble by tube rolling prior to buying the M51. Preamp tubes seem to affect treble the most. Siemens E88cc and Sylvania 6922 were too hot in the treble for me. I prefer Amperex or Phillips (Holland) with a large O getter, though I have some nice Mazda's as well. Tube rolling is half the fun with the Woo.
Thanks for your detailed explanation StanT. I will certainly revisit this post when I finally obtain the WA2.post #6915 of 88272/28/14 at 3:46pm
I think I really hate this hobby. It's supposed to give you pleasure, but all it does is wind up aggravating you. if it's not the constant search for the better sound, it's ******** like this. As soon as my T1s come, unless they're amazing, I'm going to return them.
Edited by ag8908 - 2/28/14 at 5:17pm
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › wtf 2 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 seconds ago
- › Rave review of the 'Astonishing' KingSound KS-H3 headphones 31 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 34 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Beats by Dr. Dre - Beats Studio Over-Ear Sound Isolating Headphones... 44 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Will a conversion from WAV to AIFF within Itunes cause too much... 1 minute ago
- › Top Gear 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2