- 1,281 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Location: Indian, living in Dubai, UAE.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which do i want? DT880, AD900, K701 Last post on 12/15/10 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 12/8/10 at 8:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 456post #6826 of 96702/19/14 at 11:36amIf you look a few posts up have posted my serial no. Got it from Beyer Germany a week back.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6827 of 96702/19/14 at 11:42ampost #6828 of 96702/19/14 at 3:43pmpost #6829 of 96702/19/14 at 10:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by JamieMcCQuote:Are you using solid state amplification?
I am really enjoying the T1 + Bottlehead Crack combination.
I have a Nuforce HDP (yeah I know I should upgrade but I can't justify it and it's really useful and convenient), so that's SS.Quote:Originally Posted by perhapssQuote:The T1 aggravates my tinnitus and I uses it much less I used to because of this.
I use Senn hd600s but for tinnitus the Senn hd650 was the least offensive headphone I've heard.
I sold my really nice HD650s because it sounded really lifeless out of the HDP and in comparison to the T1s. I'm really at a loss.. I'll try to go to a meet this summer and see if I can try out a pair of HE400 or HE500s.post #6830 of 96702/20/14 at 12:46ampost #6831 of 96702/20/14 at 1:18am
What I've heard the HE500 are the closest to T1 of all the hifiman models so it could be a nice alternative.
I just got Sennheiser HD700 and they make me forget my tinnitus. Recommend you try them too!post #6832 of 96702/20/14 at 1:35am
I have the old style headband and I emailed beyerdynamic if I could order the new style and have it shipped to me and they said no. It can only be changed if you send it in.
My moon audio modded HD800 connectors and toxic cable silver widow paired with schiit valhalla and bifrost uber (almost went with the woo wa7 but went with the schiit because they can be upgraded in the future if there's new technology) is heaven to my ears. I'm sure there's a lot of better options for dac and amps if I spend more, but for me I think this is it other than getting a IEM for my phone.
Edited by vegasf1 - 2/20/14 at 1:36ampost #6833 of 96702/20/14 at 2:53ampost #6834 of 96702/20/14 at 10:54pmQuote:
O: from what I remember of them the HD700 had crazy treble and highs, but that was a while ago. I LOVED them at the time but I was waiting for the price to drop - plus I had the (arguably) better T1s. I should really take another look. 8DQuote:
Really? I thought they were supposed to be darker like the HD650s. Hmm.post #6835 of 96702/20/14 at 10:58pmpost #6836 of 96702/21/14 at 2:54amQuote:
The treble is a bit less perhaps. But they are still more v shaped which made them sound more peaky in the treble to me.post #6837 of 96702/22/14 at 3:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Blisse
O: from what I remember of them the HD700 had crazy treble and highs, but that was a while ago. I LOVED them at the time but I was waiting for the price to drop - plus I had the (arguably) better T1s. I should really take another look. 8D
Really? I thought they were supposed to be darker like the HD650s. Hmm.
The HE-400 has a recessed upper mid range making the mids sound dark but the treble has a fairly high spike compared and is quite sibilant to be totally honest.
The HD700 is very jagged in the treble, imagine a valley with mountains, sometimes it doesn't get excited because the recording is benign up there. I actually find the HD800 smoother up the top believe it or not, but my HD800 is a early serial No though.
T1 is laid back in the upper range compared to the HE400 and HD700.post #6838 of 96702/24/14 at 3:47amUgh, that doesn't sound good. What would you guys recommend then above the $500 range? I'm not sure how I feel about the new-ish Shures. A bit too neutral? I'm headed to Cali for the summer so hopefully I'll get to go to some headfi meets then. ^^post #6839 of 96702/24/14 at 7:02amQuote:
The AlphaDog is the best $500 headphone I have ever heard, but it is closed. It sounds great though and offers good isolation and comfort. If I had $500 to spend on a nice pair of headphones that is what I would buy.post #6840 of 96702/24/14 at 7:14amQuote:
I'm quite interested in getting another set of cans from the side of Planar-magnetic driver camp. I'm currently looking at LCD-X and Alpha Dogs.
I have a T1 so if you could give your impression/comparison with Alpha Dogs, will definitely appreciate it.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 24 seconds ago
- › omg i love my new monoprice 5" studio monitors!! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 3 minutes ago
- › Has anyone who owns >$50 powercords ever wired a house? 3 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Silver DAP with case - UK Trusted Seller 4 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2