- 1,057 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Location: Indian, living in Dubai, UAE.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 456post #6826 of 83842/19/14 at 11:36amIf you look a few posts up have posted my serial no. Got it from Beyer Germany a week back.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6827 of 83842/19/14 at 11:42ampost #6828 of 83842/19/14 at 3:43pmpost #6829 of 83842/19/14 at 10:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by JamieMcCQuote:Are you using solid state amplification?
I am really enjoying the T1 + Bottlehead Crack combination.
I have a Nuforce HDP (yeah I know I should upgrade but I can't justify it and it's really useful and convenient), so that's SS.Quote:Originally Posted by perhapssQuote:The T1 aggravates my tinnitus and I uses it much less I used to because of this.
I use Senn hd600s but for tinnitus the Senn hd650 was the least offensive headphone I've heard.
I sold my really nice HD650s because it sounded really lifeless out of the HDP and in comparison to the T1s. I'm really at a loss.. I'll try to go to a meet this summer and see if I can try out a pair of HE400 or HE500s.post #6830 of 83842/20/14 at 12:46ampost #6831 of 83842/20/14 at 1:18am
What I've heard the HE500 are the closest to T1 of all the hifiman models so it could be a nice alternative.
I just got Sennheiser HD700 and they make me forget my tinnitus. Recommend you try them too!post #6832 of 83842/20/14 at 1:35am
I have the old style headband and I emailed beyerdynamic if I could order the new style and have it shipped to me and they said no. It can only be changed if you send it in.
My moon audio modded HD800 connectors and toxic cable silver widow paired with schiit valhalla and bifrost uber (almost went with the woo wa7 but went with the schiit because they can be upgraded in the future if there's new technology) is heaven to my ears. I'm sure there's a lot of better options for dac and amps if I spend more, but for me I think this is it other than getting a IEM for my phone.
Edited by vegasf1 - 2/20/14 at 1:36ampost #6833 of 83842/20/14 at 2:53ampost #6834 of 83842/20/14 at 10:54pmQuote:
O: from what I remember of them the HD700 had crazy treble and highs, but that was a while ago. I LOVED them at the time but I was waiting for the price to drop - plus I had the (arguably) better T1s. I should really take another look. 8DQuote:
Really? I thought they were supposed to be darker like the HD650s. Hmm.post #6835 of 83842/20/14 at 10:58pmpost #6836 of 83842/21/14 at 2:54amQuote:
The treble is a bit less perhaps. But they are still more v shaped which made them sound more peaky in the treble to me.post #6837 of 83842/22/14 at 3:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Blisse
O: from what I remember of them the HD700 had crazy treble and highs, but that was a while ago. I LOVED them at the time but I was waiting for the price to drop - plus I had the (arguably) better T1s. I should really take another look. 8D
Really? I thought they were supposed to be darker like the HD650s. Hmm.
The HE-400 has a recessed upper mid range making the mids sound dark but the treble has a fairly high spike compared and is quite sibilant to be totally honest.
The HD700 is very jagged in the treble, imagine a valley with mountains, sometimes it doesn't get excited because the recording is benign up there. I actually find the HD800 smoother up the top believe it or not, but my HD800 is a early serial No though.
T1 is laid back in the upper range compared to the HE400 and HD700.post #6838 of 83842/24/14 at 3:47amUgh, that doesn't sound good. What would you guys recommend then above the $500 range? I'm not sure how I feel about the new-ish Shures. A bit too neutral? I'm headed to Cali for the summer so hopefully I'll get to go to some headfi meets then. ^^post #6839 of 83842/24/14 at 7:02amQuote:
The AlphaDog is the best $500 headphone I have ever heard, but it is closed. It sounds great though and offers good isolation and comfort. If I had $500 to spend on a nice pair of headphones that is what I would buy.post #6840 of 83842/24/14 at 7:14amQuote:
I'm quite interested in getting another set of cans from the side of Planar-magnetic driver camp. I'm currently looking at LCD-X and Alpha Dogs.
I have a T1 so if you could give your impression/comparison with Alpha Dogs, will definitely appreciate it.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › Wagnus The famous Japan brand has their cable variant from IC to... 3 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 4 minutes ago
- › High End DAC Recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › HD600 vs DT880 for orchestral cinematic music 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight... 10 minutes ago
- › X5 - New Firmware: Suggestions (other than Playlist features) 11 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)