- 871 Posts. Joined 2/2010
- Location: Indian, living in Dubai, UAE.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 456post #6826 of 79662/19/14 at 11:36amIf you look a few posts up have posted my serial no. Got it from Beyer Germany a week back.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6827 of 79662/19/14 at 11:42ampost #6828 of 79662/19/14 at 3:43pmpost #6829 of 79662/19/14 at 10:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by JamieMcCQuote:Are you using solid state amplification?
I am really enjoying the T1 + Bottlehead Crack combination.
I have a Nuforce HDP (yeah I know I should upgrade but I can't justify it and it's really useful and convenient), so that's SS.Quote:Originally Posted by perhapssQuote:The T1 aggravates my tinnitus and I uses it much less I used to because of this.
I use Senn hd600s but for tinnitus the Senn hd650 was the least offensive headphone I've heard.
I sold my really nice HD650s because it sounded really lifeless out of the HDP and in comparison to the T1s. I'm really at a loss.. I'll try to go to a meet this summer and see if I can try out a pair of HE400 or HE500s.post #6830 of 79662/20/14 at 12:46ampost #6831 of 79662/20/14 at 1:18am
What I've heard the HE500 are the closest to T1 of all the hifiman models so it could be a nice alternative.
I just got Sennheiser HD700 and they make me forget my tinnitus. Recommend you try them too!post #6832 of 79662/20/14 at 1:35am
I have the old style headband and I emailed beyerdynamic if I could order the new style and have it shipped to me and they said no. It can only be changed if you send it in.
My moon audio modded HD800 connectors and toxic cable silver widow paired with schiit valhalla and bifrost uber (almost went with the woo wa7 but went with the schiit because they can be upgraded in the future if there's new technology) is heaven to my ears. I'm sure there's a lot of better options for dac and amps if I spend more, but for me I think this is it other than getting a IEM for my phone.
Edited by vegasf1 - 2/20/14 at 1:36ampost #6833 of 79662/20/14 at 2:53ampost #6834 of 79662/20/14 at 10:54pmQuote:
O: from what I remember of them the HD700 had crazy treble and highs, but that was a while ago. I LOVED them at the time but I was waiting for the price to drop - plus I had the (arguably) better T1s. I should really take another look. 8DQuote:
Really? I thought they were supposed to be darker like the HD650s. Hmm.post #6835 of 79662/20/14 at 10:58pmpost #6836 of 79662/21/14 at 2:54amQuote:
The treble is a bit less perhaps. But they are still more v shaped which made them sound more peaky in the treble to me.post #6837 of 79662/22/14 at 3:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Blisse
O: from what I remember of them the HD700 had crazy treble and highs, but that was a while ago. I LOVED them at the time but I was waiting for the price to drop - plus I had the (arguably) better T1s. I should really take another look. 8D
Really? I thought they were supposed to be darker like the HD650s. Hmm.
The HE-400 has a recessed upper mid range making the mids sound dark but the treble has a fairly high spike compared and is quite sibilant to be totally honest.
The HD700 is very jagged in the treble, imagine a valley with mountains, sometimes it doesn't get excited because the recording is benign up there. I actually find the HD800 smoother up the top believe it or not, but my HD800 is a early serial No though.
T1 is laid back in the upper range compared to the HE400 and HD700.post #6838 of 79662/24/14 at 3:47amUgh, that doesn't sound good. What would you guys recommend then above the $500 range? I'm not sure how I feel about the new-ish Shures. A bit too neutral? I'm headed to Cali for the summer so hopefully I'll get to go to some headfi meets then. ^^post #6839 of 79662/24/14 at 7:02amQuote:
The AlphaDog is the best $500 headphone I have ever heard, but it is closed. It sounds great though and offers good isolation and comfort. If I had $500 to spend on a nice pair of headphones that is what I would buy.post #6840 of 79662/24/14 at 7:14amQuote:
I'm quite interested in getting another set of cans from the side of Planar-magnetic driver camp. I'm currently looking at LCD-X and Alpha Dogs.
I have a T1 so if you could give your impression/comparison with Alpha Dogs, will definitely appreciate it.
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 21 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for a compact, single-box solution for the HD600?... 55 seconds ago
- › 2014 bay area little big meet impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 1 minute ago
- › Best UIEM to run with 2 minutes ago
- › Struggling to decide which headphones to buy--neutral/closed back 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)