or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 438

post #6556 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommy View Post

I've had both, hd800 and t1. I think the t1 had much more air, just more musical. The hd800 sounded dead. Couldn't listen for more than an hour.

The HD800 has it's place for me primarily for acoustic and less cluttered recordings, the T1 on the other hand sounds great with just about anything.  

 

If anyone is in the market for a high end HP, the discounts on the Tl are much better than just about any other high end HP at the moment, just a no brainer as a purchase.

post #6557 of 10478

.... energized dense Tesla air :P

post #6558 of 10478
I agree hd800 can sound good with some jazz, definitely classical because of the big soundstage, they don't go very deep for having 56 mm drivers though
Edited by rommy - 1/26/14 at 5:37pm
post #6559 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommy View Post

I agree hd800 can sound good some jazz, definitely classical because of the big soundstage, they don't go very deep for having 56 mm drivers though

:blink:

 

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2033&graphID[]=4061&scale=30

post #6560 of 10478

Nothing to do with air but I'm tired of the T1 vs. hd800 argument being reduced something like:

 

 "the hd800 does classical better bla, bla bla....soundstage bla bla bla..."

 

So yes the hd800 is wonderful with classical music but so is the T1.

I'm a huge classical listener and I prefer the T1.

 

Anyway.....

post #6561 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

:blink:

 

Why?

 

Here, in this thread the T1s are better cans than the HD800s, in some other thread the HD800s win. it all depends to the thread. 

post #6562 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

 

Why?

 

Here, in this thread the T1s are better cans than the HD800s, in some other thread the HD800s win. it all depends to the thread. 

Simply because the HD800s go as deep as the T1s. Objectively measured too (as per my link).

post #6563 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Simply because the HD800s go as deep as the T1s. Objectively measured too (as per my link).

+1

post #6564 of 10478
People just seem to make things up about non-TI headphones in this thread, I notice. HD800 is veiled with no bass extension, amps that can't drive the HE-6 suddenly have these great reputations for driving them... I mean, look guys, it's fine that you like the T1 (I do too), but just spouting these intemperate opinions as if they are fact to try and make out that the T1 is better than every other headphone at everything isn't necessary to validate your choices.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 1/26/14 at 5:47pm
post #6565 of 10478

the T1 is an extremely good headphone, one of my favorites, was my favorite for a very long time, and with the WA2, its on the level of any other system and holds its own against the best of the best, but i don't think its airier, they just have a different presentation and each has its own air imo.

post #6566 of 10478

 

I wonder if the HD800 2013 introduce real change in the sound signature for better or worse. Or is the 2013 graph just more recent/accurate reading for the HD800?

post #6567 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman42 View Post
 

 

I wonder if the HD800 2013 introduce real change in the sound signature for better or worse. Or is the 2013 graph just more recent/accurate reading for the HD800?

It's really the same as before. I've heard brand new ones and they sound just like my 3 year old pair. 

post #6568 of 10478
I think some sound different then others. Some people describe hd800s as being analytical, and tizzy in the highs, while mine were just the opposite. They seemed lifeless.
post #6569 of 10478
I think amplification has a massive impact on headphones like T1s and HD800s which are transparent / accurate / sensitive enough to highlight the sound chain and I'm not talking about the quality of amplification so much as voicing and "personality" if different amps. Combine that with different personal tastes and it's a recipe for all the debate we hear around these top end cans.
post #6570 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

I think amplification has a massive impact on headphones like T1s and HD800s which are transparent / accurate / sensitive enough to highlight the sound chain and I'm not talking about the quality of amplification so much as voicing and "personality" if different amps. Combine that with different personal tastes and it's a recipe for all the debate we hear around these top end cans.


i agree.

two complementary headphones be treated with care.

i think that the hd-800 needs more attention

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread