or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 44

post #646 of 10478
The graphs on Tyll's site show an almost 100% identical bass response. The lower of the two graphs, however, show a smoother treble response, with less of a peak in the upper treble. This might actually lead to the perception of having less bass in some music as the treble might seem slightly elevated.

The differences in those graphs is definitely within a reasonable level of manufacturing variance IMO.
post #647 of 10478

So predictably perhaps, with some more burn-in the bass in #3829 is filling in quite nicely. The top end however remains too bright, with frequent sibilance. I'll keep burning them in. But otherwise they are starting to sound fantastic-- great detail, texture, soundstage, and overall refinement and musicality. My love for the general Beyer sound remains. But I'll be saving for an OTL tube amp now. I've never had a tube amp and I've always wanted one anyway. A steep learning curve is in my future.

post #648 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoethylene View Post





Ouhhhh, where did you read this??

 

Nevertheless this may be opinion but doesnt correlate with mine :)


Just an update because today Ive listened to both, the Concerto and the Sonett and so far and for this day and the played music, I loved the T1 paired with the Sonett even more. More musicality right now..

 

Original post:

 

"I've read that the DNA Sonett does not drive them adequately. Is this opinion, or are there technical reasons for this?"

 

post #649 of 10478

Thanks for the update on the T-1/Sonett. By the way, what kind of music did you listen to? At what volume levels, and knob settings more or less? I eventually need to get an audition of the T-1 in my system.

post #650 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

Thanks for the update on the T-1/Sonett. By the way, what kind of music did you listen to? At what volume levels, and knob settings more or less? I eventually need to get an audition of the T-1 in my system.



Ouhhh kind of music is almost everything including Classical stuff but mostly Indie/ProgRock/Grunge/Britpop/Minimal/Songwriter.
The knob setting is 4-6 in 120 Ohm setting. Maybe my music taste is more welcome by the T1s..

 

If you have the possibility to audition them with the Sonett, I think that you should have to do it.

 

I dont know if it is the 120 Ohm output or the tube characteristic but in comparison to the Concerto the Sonett is more smooth and my ears like that :) even though the Concerto drives them also in a beautiful way..

post #651 of 10478


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcamera View Post

So predictably perhaps, with some more burn-in the bass in #3829 is filling in quite nicely. The top end however remains too bright, with frequent sibilance. I'll keep burning them in. But otherwise they are starting to sound fantastic-- great detail, texture, soundstage, and overall refinement and musicality. My love for the general Beyer sound remains. But I'll be saving for an OTL tube amp now. I've never had a tube amp and I've always wanted one anyway. A steep learning curve is in my future.

Tube amps will help the high end. What I like with my setup is the shimmer and focus of cymbals they sound lifelike. I hear no sibilance and mine are burning in also and this time I will just play them to burn in but I have a long way to go. In about 150 hrs or so I will give the changes I have noticed but they sound very good out of the box.
 

 

post #652 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by majkel View Post

The amount of bass is just right when you use an amp with "zero" output impedance. The impedance bump in the T1 for 100Hz is 1250 Ohms. Tube amps always have some output impedance, especially OTL's so the mid-bass gets increased.



My ears will get confused reading this.. :)

post #653 of 10478

Could you guys post pics of the different headbands?

Mine is #1415 and I always found it lacks a lot of cushion. I never had trouble with my DT 880s but the T1s are more heavy and bring too much pressure on the headband even with loose setting.

 

Would Beyer replace the cushion material? Is there any spare part for that (and possible quite easy replacement method) ?


Edited by Pacha - 7/2/11 at 2:45pm
post #654 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

The graphs on Tyll's site show an almost 100% identical bass response. The lower of the two graphs, however, show a smoother treble response, with less of a peak in the upper treble. This might actually lead to the perception of having less bass in some music as the treble might seem slightly elevated.

The differences in those graphs is definitely within a reasonable level of manufacturing variance IMO.


How much more treble would you say is in the peak on the upper graph?  Maybe about 6dB?  How audible is 6dB?

 

(I don't think it matters what you call it.  I just called it bass light and bass heavy because the guys who posted about it, mostly said the bass was light and the treble overly bright, which was my experience as well.  The fact remains that a lot of people have posted about overly bright bass light T-1s and those graphs are the only evidence I've found, besides the anecdotal impressions of those who've had the light ones.)

 

post #655 of 10478

IMHO 6dB at 8-10 kHz will not be perceived as "brightness" generally but as extra sizzle or airiness depending on the music.  It's above the brightness region.  I would for sure prefer not to have it, but it's high enough in frequency and low enough in Q that I would think it would be very music dependent in terms of how noticeable it was.

 

My point is more that those graphs certainly do not lend credibility to the concept that there are "two versions".

post #656 of 10478

Pacha,

 

Check my post earlier here for the part number.  They will replace nothing!  You have to buy it on your own and serial numbers earlier like yours require a different part which I listed.  My hope was they would either pony up for the new band or at least offer it at cost.  If you dig further their are pictures of the band before and after (from Germany).
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacha View Post

Could you guys post pics of the different headbands?

Mine is #1415 and I always found it lacks a lot of cushion. I never had trouble with my DT 880s but the T1s are more heavy and bring too much pressure on the headband even with loose setting.

 

Would Beyer replace the cushion material? Is there any spare part for that (and possible quite easy replacement method) ?



 

post #657 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacha View Post

Could you guys post pics of the different headbands?

Mine is #1415 and I always found it lacks a lot of cushion. I never had trouble with my DT 880s but the T1s are more heavy and bring too much pressure on the headband even with loose setting.

 

Would Beyer replace the cushion material? Is there any spare part for that (and possible quite easy replacement method) ?



I have #2724 and my headband has the strap with "beyerdynamic". When  I was in Sweden I ve auditioned one T1 without this strap, at least without the name beyerdynamic and the cushion was not so good. I hope that my memory is right..

post #658 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

IMHO 6dB at 8-10 kHz will not be perceived as "brightness" generally but as extra sizzle or airiness depending on the music.  It's above the brightness region.  I would for sure prefer not to have it, but it's high enough in frequency and low enough in Q that I would think it would be very music dependent in terms of how noticeable it was.

 

My point is more that those graphs certainly do not lend credibility to the concept that there are "two versions".


Well, it's the only hard evidence I've found aside from all the people who posted about bright bass light T-1s since the release.

 

Perhaps the term "two versions" is bothersome.  How about referring to them as "defective T-1 headphones"

 

 

 

 

post #659 of 10478

Dont make too much assumptions :) I will call them in exactly 13 hrs..

post #660 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post

IMHO 6dB at 8-10 kHz will not be perceived as "brightness" generally but as extra sizzle or airiness depending on the music.  It's above the brightness region.  I would for sure prefer not to have it, but it's high enough in frequency and low enough in Q that I would think it would be very music dependent in terms of how noticeable it was.

 

Agree. But once you hear it, you will never stop hearing it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread