- 1,027 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/24/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/24/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My DT880 / DT990 / T1 Comparison Video Last post on 10/10/10 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 10/11/10 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica's and external amps? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 425post #6361 of 83781/15/14 at 3:29pm+1 for Burson. Love the T1 with my soloist
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6362 of 83781/15/14 at 6:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Filleri
First impressions on T1. These things are incredibly detailed and the soundstage/imaging is absolutely fantastic. I find myself just listening to these for several hours. One thing that i hope improves as i listen more is bass. Coming from the DT880s. I find the bass of the T1s to be just slightly better. I know that the T1s are suppose to have more impact and just overall better bass, than 880s. Comfort is very good atleast for me. They are slightly less comfortable than my DT880s, because they are noticeably heavier. Overall very happy and like somebody said on this thread couple of pages ago. The T1s are something special.
What's your amp, Filleri? I find the T1s to have significantly cleaner bass than the DT880s so it might be a synergy thing.post #6363 of 83781/15/14 at 7:12pmpost #6364 of 83781/16/14 at 6:48amQuote:
I currently drive them with Nuforce Icon HDP. I know it´s not exactly ideal, but so far i´m happy with it for now.post #6365 of 83781/16/14 at 6:54am
Own 2 pair of the T1's I like them so much. Use a T5p at work where a closed headphone is better. Both home and work using WA7 amps. I like the crisp details and smooth punchy bass both of these models and only wish the T1 8k peak were just a touch lower but it really doesn't bother me much. It does bring the vocals forward and add emotion to the music though so perhaps it isn't really an issue. Just ordered an LCD-X and an XC to have a second opinion/option/spirit at both home and work. The big guns head to head, dynamic vs planar look outpost #6366 of 83781/16/14 at 6:59am
T1 requires extended burn-in at a sound volume higher then you would listen to normally for so long... recommend using a program like 'Burnin' for the mac and at 3/4 volume and progress through white, pink, and brown, noise for about 24 hours each before even listening to them. Makes a huge difference.post #6367 of 83781/16/14 at 9:35am
Pretty cool that you own two copies of the mighty T1.
But I disagree entirely with your take on burn-in! I think any measurable difference of the headphone's characteristics is inaudible and the perceived difference is psychological.
But hey, this isn't the science forum so to each his own.
I would be interested in a comparison of the T1 and the Audeze LCD-X, in case you were planning to post some comments on that
Edited by RazorJack - 1/16/14 at 9:36ampost #6368 of 83781/16/14 at 10:22amQuote:Originally Posted by senson
I had T1 with Soloist and WA2 at the same time and even though Soloist was decent pair, I preferred WA2, however I had PS Audio DL3 as a DAC back then.
I's not sure how DAC section of conductor sounds though
IMO T1 sound better when some sweetness is added through your chain
I haven't had chance to hear DP 1 in person so can't comment on that.
i still miss my DL3 / WA2 days sometimes.post #6369 of 83781/16/14 at 10:48am
Received the LCD-XC & X and have first unpacked the XC at work to listen through the WA7 and even with no burn-in there are literally tears from my eyes listening to pretty much anything. It is overwhelmingly beautiful sound. This definately trumps the Beyer T5p no question. Assuming the X will trump the T1 as well but have yet to open those. Still love my Beyers but this is making me think twice...post #6370 of 83781/16/14 at 11:02amQuote:Originally Posted by groovyd
Received the LCD-XC & X and have first unpacked the XC at work to listen through the WA7 and even with no burn-in there are literally tears from my eyes listening to pretty much anything. It is overwhelmingly beautiful sound. This definately trumps the Beyer T5p no question. Assuming the X will trump the T1 as well but have yet to open those. Still love my Beyers but this is making me think twice...
They are undeniably awesome.post #6371 of 83781/16/14 at 12:09pmpost #6372 of 83781/16/14 at 2:23pm
There isn't much of a sound signature difference to be honest between the XC and X. They are both very emotional and grooving yet flat at the same time. The best of both worlds? No wonder they are marketing these in between the studio professional and the audiophile. They are both acoustically accurate and passionate.
interestingly they are both more efficient then the T5p even which is impressive in it's own right. super amp not at all required.post #6373 of 83781/16/14 at 2:44pmQuote:
I'm not happy really with my Burson 160D and T1. T1 are wonderful paired with OTL. Not because tubes make T1 smooth or sweet, but because OTLs guarantee enough power to feed them. Remember that they are 600 Ohm (nominal) and reach 1400 Ohm. Poor SS like Burson might have a little bit of distortion in higher frequencies, that's why sometimes T1 becomes HOT. I have something similar to Bottle Head Crack with "bright" sounding tubes (Siemens 6992 & Svetlana 6as7) and it sounds perfectly.post #6374 of 83781/16/14 at 2:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Alessandro1
I'm not happy really with my Burson 160D and T1. T1 are wonderful paired with OTL. Not because tubes make T1 smooth or sweet, but because OTLs guarantee enough power to feed them. Remember that they are 600 Ohm (nominal) and reach 1400 Ohm. Poor SS like Burson might have a little bit of distortion in higher frequencies, that's why sometimes T1 becomes HOT. I have something similar to Bottle Head Crack with "bright" sounding tubes (Siemens 6992 & Svetlana 6as7) and it sounds perfectly.
You may be right about the 160D. However, the 160D is no Soloist. These are two very different animals.post #6375 of 83781/16/14 at 2:52pm
- The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Band Name Game II 20 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 21 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Senn HD540G/560ii/580/600(price dropped!) 3 minutes ago
- › Senn HD 800 + Toxic silver cable(SE) 3 minutes ago
- › Considering between Note 3 and Win 8 tablet 4 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 5 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)