Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 425

post #6361 of 8378
+1 for Burson. Love the T1 with my soloist
post #6362 of 8378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filleri View Post
 

First impressions on T1. These things are incredibly detailed and the soundstage/imaging is absolutely fantastic. I find myself just listening to these for several hours. One thing that i hope improves as i listen more is bass. Coming from the DT880s. I find the bass of the T1s to be just slightly better. I know that the T1s are suppose to have more impact and just overall better bass, than 880s. Comfort is very good atleast for me. They are slightly less comfortable than my DT880s, because they are noticeably heavier. Overall very happy and like somebody said on this thread couple of pages ago. The T1s are something special.

 

What's your amp, Filleri? I find the T1s to have significantly cleaner bass than the DT880s so it might be a synergy thing.

post #6363 of 8378

Thanks for your answer, guys!

post #6364 of 8378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

What's your amp, Filleri? I find the T1s to have significantly cleaner bass than the DT880s so it might be a synergy thing.

I currently drive them with Nuforce Icon HDP. I know it´s not exactly ideal, but so far i´m happy with it for now.

post #6365 of 8378

Own 2 pair of the T1's I like them so much.  Use a T5p at work where a closed headphone is better.  Both home and work using WA7 amps.  I like the crisp details and smooth punchy bass both of these models and only wish the T1 8k peak were just a touch lower but it really doesn't bother me much.  It does bring the vocals forward and add emotion to the music though so perhaps it isn't really an issue.  Just ordered an LCD-X and an XC to have a second opinion/option/spirit at both home and work.  The big guns head to head, dynamic vs planar look out :L3000: 

post #6366 of 8378

T1 requires extended burn-in at a sound volume higher then you would listen to normally for so long... recommend using a program like 'Burnin' for the mac and at 3/4 volume and progress through white, pink, and brown, noise for about 24 hours each before even listening to them.  Makes a huge difference. 

post #6367 of 8378

Pretty cool that you own two copies of the mighty T1.

 

But I disagree entirely with your take on burn-in! I think any measurable difference of the headphone's characteristics is inaudible and the perceived difference is psychological.

 

But hey, this isn't the science forum so to each his own.

 

I would be interested in a comparison of the T1 and the Audeze LCD-X, in case you were planning to post some comments on that :D 


Edited by RazorJack - 1/16/14 at 9:36am
post #6368 of 8378
Quote:
Originally Posted by senson View Post
 

I had T1 with Soloist and WA2 at the same time and even though Soloist was decent pair, I preferred WA2, however I had PS Audio DL3 as a DAC back then.

I's not sure how DAC section of conductor sounds though

IMO T1 sound better when some sweetness is added through your chain

I haven't had chance to hear DP 1 in person so can't comment on that.

 

i still miss my DL3 / WA2 days sometimes. :D

post #6369 of 8378

Received the LCD-XC & X and have first unpacked the XC at work to listen through the WA7 and even with no burn-in there are literally tears from my eyes listening to pretty much anything.  It is overwhelmingly beautiful sound.  This definately trumps the Beyer T5p no question.  Assuming the X will trump the T1 as well but have yet to open those.  Still love my Beyers but this is making me think twice...

post #6370 of 8378
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyd View Post

Received the LCD-XC & X and have first unpacked the XC at work to listen through the WA7 and even with no burn-in there are literally tears from my eyes listening to pretty much anything.  It is overwhelmingly beautiful sound.  This definately trumps the Beyer T5p no question.  Assuming the X will trump the T1 as well but have yet to open those.  Still love my Beyers but this is making me think twice...

They are undeniably awesome.
post #6371 of 8378
I liked the XC tremendously at the NY Audio Show, while I disliked the LCD-X at the recent NY meet. Seamed a bit dry, but to each his own
post #6372 of 8378

There isn't much of a sound signature difference to be honest between the XC and X.  They are both very emotional and grooving yet flat at the same time.  The best of both worlds?  No wonder they are marketing these in between the studio professional and the audiophile.  They are both acoustically accurate and passionate.

 

interestingly they are both more efficient then the T5p even which is impressive in it's own right. super amp not at all required.

post #6373 of 8378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
 

A question to all the happy T1 users.

 

I am thinking of getting a DAC/AMP combo for my set nad wanted to know if anyone has any experience using T1s with Eximus DP1 or Burson Conductor?

 

Thanks in advance.


I'm not happy really with my Burson 160D and T1. T1 are wonderful paired with OTL. Not because tubes make T1 smooth or sweet, but because OTLs guarantee enough power to feed them. Remember that they are 600 Ohm (nominal) and reach 1400 Ohm. Poor SS like Burson might have a little bit of distortion in higher frequencies, that's why sometimes T1 becomes HOT. I have something similar to Bottle Head Crack with "bright" sounding tubes (Siemens 6992 & Svetlana 6as7) and it sounds perfectly.

post #6374 of 8378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro1 View Post
 


I'm not happy really with my Burson 160D and T1. T1 are wonderful paired with OTL. Not because tubes make T1 smooth or sweet, but because OTLs guarantee enough power to feed them. Remember that they are 600 Ohm (nominal) and reach 1400 Ohm. Poor SS like Burson might have a little bit of distortion in higher frequencies, that's why sometimes T1 becomes HOT. I have something similar to Bottle Head Crack with "bright" sounding tubes (Siemens 6992 & Svetlana 6as7) and it sounds perfectly.


You may be right about the 160D. However, the 160D is no Soloist. These are two very different animals.

post #6375 of 8378
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post


You may be right about the 160D. However, the 160D is no Soloist. These are two very different animals.

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread