Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 424

post #6346 of 7760

Just picked up my T1's tonight and finally have them singing!

 

A real treat after a bad day at work that led to getting 5 stitches.

 

Currently hooked up to WA2 amp, meitner ma1 dac, berkely alpha usb d/d converter and powered by an equitech model q balanced power supply.

 

Can't wait until the amp and T1's are broken in.  Anyone finding improvements with the T1's after hours of use or are they pretty much you get what you hear out of the box?

post #6347 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTom View Post
 

What's a good setup for the T1 without having to break the bank?

 

Any of these good enough:

 

DAC:

 

- ODAC

- Modi

- Anything from Audio GD

- Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus

 

Amps:

 

- O2

- Schiit Magni/Vali

- Little Dot MK3/MK4 

 

Audio GD's are good enough for them. Tube's though will take the edge of the treble a bit. Personally I run them from a NFB 5.32 and enjoy the treble bite so to say.

post #6348 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbbby View Post
 

Just picked up my T1's tonight and finally have them singing!

 

A real treat after a bad day at work that led to getting 5 stitches.

 

Currently hooked up to WA2 amp, meitner ma1 dac, berkely alpha usb d/d converter and powered by an equitech model q balanced power supply.

 

Can't wait until the amp and T1's are broken in.  Anyone finding improvements with the T1's after hours of use or are they pretty much you get what you hear out of the box?

yea, i found big improvements with burn in. The bass comes out and the treble smooth-ens. 

post #6349 of 7760

Yes. Finally got my T1 #15912 in my hands. Very excited. Going to let them burn in and then post some impressions.

post #6350 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filleri View Post
 

Yes. Finally got my T1 #15912 in my hands. Very excited. Going to let them burn in and then post some impressions.

 

Forget burning , just put it on your hear and enjoy :p

 

(i will never understand this kind of masochism , you have a awesome headphone , but you have to wait to use it :confused_face:) .

 

At least try it wihtout burning , and let it burning when you are not using it ?


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 1/14/14 at 6:56am
post #6351 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post
 

 

Forget burning , just put it on your hear and enjoy :p

 

(i will never understand this kind of masochism , you have a awesome headphone , but you have to wait to use it :confused_face:) .

 

At least try it wihtout burning , and let it burning when you are not using it ?

That´s exactly what i´m gonna do. I always "burn" my headphones by just simply listening to them. Some have changed very little, while some change surprisingly much. The point is, that i don´t want to judge a headphone before i have actually listen to it for a couple of days.

post #6352 of 7760

The T1s were one of the few headphones I've had that sounded great right away. And then they got even better as time went on.

post #6353 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filleri View Post
 

That´s exactly what i´m gonna do. I always "burn" my headphones by just simply listening to them. Some have changed very little, while some change surprisingly much. The point is, that i don´t want to judge a headphone before i have actually listen to it for a couple of days.


OK ^^ , Well then take your time to get used to your T1 their is no worrie :p

post #6354 of 7760

To T1 users:

 

Ear pad matters, remember clean your ear pad by damp cloth, just clear water is enough.


Edited by donthuang - 1/15/14 at 12:17am
post #6355 of 7760

A question to all the happy T1 users.

 

I am thinking of getting a DAC/AMP combo for my set nad wanted to know if anyone has any experience using T1s with Eximus DP1 or Burson Conductor?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #6356 of 7760

I had T1 with Soloist and WA2 at the same time and even though Soloist was decent pair, I preferred WA2, however I had PS Audio DL3 as a DAC back then.

I's not sure how DAC section of conductor sounds though

IMO T1 sound better when some sweetness is added through your chain

I haven't had chance to hear DP 1 in person so can't comment on that.

post #6357 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by senson View Post
 

I had T1 with Soloist and WA2 at the same time and even though Soloist was decent pair, I preferred WA2, however I had PS Audio DL3 as a DAC back then.

I's not sure how DAC section of conductor sounds though

IMO T1 sound better when some sweetness is added through your chain

I haven't had chance to hear DP 1 in person so can't comment on that.

 

Thanks for the input. I do not believe any tubey stuff needs to be in the chain as I have a Metrum Octave andd a Corda CClassic. Neither is warm, yet what they give together with T1s is awesome. I need to downsize and hence am looking for a one-box solution.

post #6358 of 7760

First impressions on T1. These things are incredibly detailed and the soundstage/imaging is absolutely fantastic. I find myself just listening to these for several hours. One thing that i hope improves as i listen more is bass. Coming from the DT880s. I find the bass of the T1s to be just slightly better. I know that the T1s are suppose to have more impact and just overall better bass, than 880s. Comfort is very good atleast for me. They are slightly less comfortable than my DT880s, because they are noticeably heavier. Overall very happy and like somebody said on this thread couple of pages ago. The T1s are something special.

post #6359 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
 

A question to all the happy T1 users.

 

I am thinking of getting a DAC/AMP combo for my set nad wanted to know if anyone has any experience using T1s with Eximus DP1 or Burson Conductor?

 

Thanks in advance.


I am using the Soloist SL and think it sounds stellar. The Conductor would be that much better.

post #6360 of 7760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
 

A question to all the happy T1 users.

 

I am thinking of getting a DAC/AMP combo for my set nad wanted to know if anyone has any experience using T1s with Eximus DP1 or Burson Conductor?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

T1 sound great out of my Lyr / Uber Bifrost .   Sounds better out of my Conductor.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread