or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 43

post #631 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



Could by my German wife and in-laws? tongue.gif


LOL Peter you hit it right on the first post and so did Ross. I have heard this and a few other s and they were pretty much similar in signature. Ross said it very well different folks , heads and gear and more important music and sources also. I think there is the ONE and only T1

post #632 of 10477

Quote:Originally Posted by upstateguy 





"I wrote to Beyer about it too.  They would only acknowledge the headband change.
I would agree with you completely if there weren't so many people coming forward in this thread to verify that they have or had a bass heavy or bass light version.  <shrug>  I'm afraid that's the only proof you're going to see......  But if our small sampling is any indication of what's going on world wide, there's a lot of bass light cans out there that maybe should be recalled. <shrug>"


If anyone has read any of the other headphone threads on Head-Fi they would know there's no such thing as a consensus. Never has been. Never will be. Part of the differences in findings are the individuals perspective and experience with other headphones. Compared to the Denon 7000 the T1 is bass light. Compared to the K70x the T1 is bass heavy.

Now if Tyll were to test a medium sized sampling of T1s and were to prove that two separate and simultaneous T1s exist then I'd start listening. Until then I maintain it's bunk.

post #633 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka1969 View Post

Quote:Originally Posted by upstateguy

"I wrote to Beyer about it too.  They would only acknowledge the headband change.
I would agree with you completely if there weren't so many people coming forward in this thread to verify that they have or had a bass heavy or bass light version.  <shrug>  I'm afraid that's the only proof you're going to see......  But if our small sampling is any indication of what's going on world wide, there's a lot of bass light cans out there that maybe should be recalled. <shrug>"


If anyone has read any of the other headphone threads on Head-Fi they would know there's no such thing as a consensus. Never has been. Never will be. Part of the differences in findings are the individuals perspective and experience with other headphones. Compared to the Denon 7000 the T1 is bass light. Compared to the K70x the T1 is bass heavy.

Now if Tyll were to test a medium sized sampling of T1s and were to prove that two separate and simultaneous T1s exist then I'd start listening. Until then I maintain it's bunk.

 

I could be wrong but didn't someone post two different FR curves for the T-1 a number of pages back??? wink_face.gif
 

 

post #634 of 10477

Oh yeah, the Germans are nothing if not meticulous.

post #635 of 10477
My rule of thumb: Two Head-fiers = At least thee opinions. tongue.gif
post #636 of 10477


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baka1969 View Post

Oh yeah, the Germans are nothing if not meticulous.



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

My rule of thumb: Two Head-fiers = At least thee opinions. tongue.gif


Both spot on. Its all about the gear and peoples preferences, music sources and gear. the recordings etc. I know the two T1 I have had all sound the same and ones I heard prior had same signature at least to my ears. But Ross hit it on the head unless people have the so called bass light measured aganins the so called bass heavy ones by Tyll then I would agree. Just as I would after spending time with the 880 and T1 think the 880 was even close to the T1. Its not a contest the T1 like Mike Tyson in his prime knocked out the 880 in 10 seconds. So bottom line IMO there is only one T1 and everyone will either like the signature or not. One thing I have learned here after going full circle in the last year not every headphone is for everyone but also have learned the T1 to my ears is the Best dynamic headphone and most balanced I have ever owned.

 

post #637 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka1969 View Post

Oh yeah, the Germans are nothing if not meticulous.


"meticulous" is one word. tongue.gif
post #638 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

My rule of thumb: Two Head-fiers = At least thee opinions. tongue.gif


LOL  beerchug.gif

post #639 of 10477

how would the CSP2 do driving the T1? anything better in its price range and down? as in less than or equal to 895. 

post #640 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post

how would the CSP2 do driving the T1? anything better in its price range and down? as in less than or equal to 895. 



The CSP-2 is the best match in my system  for the T1. I have used my Taboo, and SX650 and not as good. In the past I used the Matrioix,Concerto,Asgard, and PS audio and a few more less expensive one and none of them performed near as well as the Decware CSP-2 for me. I heard the Woo6 and 6SE and the T1 IMO is better with the CSP-2 SET OTL. So for me for less I have not heard better.


Edited by Frank I - 7/1/11 at 8:19pm
post #641 of 10477

Found these on Tyll's site.

 

T-1.JPG

 

T-1 # 3964

 

T-1 3964.JPG

post #642 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post





The CSP-2 is the best match in my system  for the T1. I have used my Taboo, and SX650 and not as good. In the past I used the Matrioix,Concerto,Asgard, and PS audio and a few more less expensive one and none of them performed near as well as the Decware CSP-2 for me. I heard the Woo6 and 6SE and the T1 IMO is better with the CSP-2 SET OTL. So for me for less I have not heard better.



hmm you have peaked my interest.  anyone ever do a CSP2 vs WA2 comparison?

post #643 of 10477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post





The CSP-2 is the best match in my system  for the T1. I have used my Taboo, and SX650 and not as good. In the past I used the Matrioix,Concerto,Asgard, and PS audio and a few more less expensive one and none of them performed near as well as the Decware CSP-2 for me. I heard the Woo6 and 6SE and the T1 IMO is better with the CSP-2 SET OTL. So for me for less I have not heard better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caracara08 View Post





hmm you have peaked my interest.  anyone ever do a CSP2 vs WA2 comparison?


To be honest, you couldn't go wrong with either one.
post #644 of 10477

Quote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero 





"To be honest, you couldn't go wrong with either one."


True enough. I've heard Frank's CSP2 several times and I've had the WA2 for a few weeks in my rig and both are excellent OTL amps. I haven't heard the T1 with the WA2 though. But I did hear the WA2 with the HD800, LCD2 and HE500. I heard the CSP2 with the HD800, LCD2, HE6 and the T1. Of course tube rolling would probably be a part of each amp too.

post #645 of 10477

I'm in heaven.

 

#2833

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread