Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 419

post #6271 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

 

 

nope, i still need to get them recabled. maybe that will make some improvement. as of now the HD 800 unbalanced sound better than the T1 balanced, though I still like my T1, i just haven't listened to them as much as when I had the WA2. honestly it sounds like the GSX MK2 is better than the WA2 by a good margin, just need a little less treble a little more bass for the T1's to get to that sweet spot, don't know how much the balanced would help.

 

Yeah, that might explain some of your results as you're only using 1/2 of the GS-X Mk2's circuitry and power. Not sure what differences that will make against the WA2 though?

post #6272 of 7966

 

Slightly different from the amps you're discussing, but I have to say I'm quite impressed with the sound of the Matrix Quattro when running the T1s in balanced configuration. It's not so impressive in unbalanced operation, but opens up nicely when balanced. It's cooler and not as authoritative as my normal amp (Bottlehead Mainline), but it's also only $400 compared to $1200+ for the Mainline as a kit amp. For the money, the Quattro is really good and manages to be controlled and detailed without getting too edgy with the T1s.

post #6273 of 7966


Changed my velour for a pair of pleather pads this morning.  

I have still to form an opinion whether or not I like the effect these pads have on the T1. Bass is thickened to molten lava viscosity. Low-mids have been given a heavy dose of warm treatment. The highs seem to have lost a square-meter of openness. The natural decay of an open-back got traded-off for warmth. Still not sure if these are good things to have in a T1.

post #6274 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 


Changed my velour for a pair of pleather pads this morning.  

I have still to form an opinion whether or not I like the effect these pads have on the T1. Bass is thickened to molten lava viscosity. Low-mids have been given a heavy dose of warm treatment. The highs seem to have lost a square-meter of openness. The natural decay of an open-back got traded-off for warmth. Still not sure if these are good things to have in a T1.

 

Interesting! They look completely different too, like the interior of a BMW or something...

 

I would worry about losing the magic open sound of the T1's by doing this, but it's such as easy thing to change that it could also be a really fun way to adjust the sound for your current mood. Please keep us informed once you've spent some time with them... :beyersmile:

post #6275 of 7966

T1 + Mainline + Gary Clark = :L3000:

 

The weight of notes from the Mainline brings this to life like I haven't heard it before...

 

post #6276 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

Interesting! They look completely different too, like the interior of a BMW or something...

 

I would worry about losing the magic open sound of the T1's by doing this, but it's such as easy thing to change that it could also be a really fun way to adjust the sound for your current mood. Please keep us informed once you've spent some time with them... :beyersmile:



Well... Greatest consolation is that I can clean the pads with just a simple dry wipe.  

And to those who are complaining that the T1's lack bass, this simple pads switch will give you an incredible amount of bass-boost.

post #6277 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3llv3xit View Post
 


 this simple pads switch will give you an incredible amount of bass-boost.

i´m interested.

please, you can explain it to me better?

thank you

post #6278 of 7966

After 3 years, my T1 finally show its true face .

 

It's somehow crazy, but  the sound character total transform to another thing.

Very transparent and fast sound, just like the diaphragm disappears, and incredible huge sound-scape.

 

The sound-scape very like binaural  recoding , less pin-pont , more diffused.

 

Beyerdynamic, what the Monster Headphone you made !

post #6279 of 7966

Pulled the trigger on a WA2 for my T1's, should have it by next week! 

Now I need to decide on a dac for the wa2/t1 combo.  In the meantime I have a meitner ma-1 from my big system that I can use.

post #6280 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by donthuang View Post
 

After 3 years, my T1 finally show its true face .

 

It's somehow crazy, but  the sound character total transform to another thing.

Very transparent and fast sound, just like the diaphragm disappears, and incredible huge sound-scape.

 

The sound-scape very like binaural  recoding , less pin-pont , more diffused.

 

Beyerdynamic, what the Monster Headphone you made !

 

Did you change anything that might have lead to this? It's unlikely that the headphone would suddenly change character, but I have also experienced similar things that I can't fully explain - it might be me or it might be my amp burning in completely (the amp is much newer than the headphones)

post #6281 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

Did you change anything that might have lead to this? It's unlikely that the headphone would suddenly change character, but I have also experienced similar things that I can't fully explain - it might be me or it might be my amp burning in completely (the amp is much newer than the headphones)

 

Nope, just time to time use, and scary me now.

 

Before,  T1 sometimes present  a kind of disappear ability as "make music like come form your computer speakers", but not  so usual, just some best times

Now, oh god, it make all music like binaural  recoding, and make me so crazy .

 

Electrostatic headphone-like, or better?   the texture become very smooth , like  there are no diaphragm at all.

 

I need clam down, take sometime listen and report.


Edited by donthuang - 1/9/14 at 2:34pm
post #6282 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by donthuang View Post
 

After 3 years, my T1 finally show its true face .

 

It's somehow crazy, but  the sound character total transform to another thing.

Very transparent and fast sound, just like the diaphragm disappears, and incredible huge sound-scape.

 

The sound-scape very like binaural  recoding , less pin-pont , more diffused.

 

Beyerdynamic, what the Monster Headphone you made !

 

3 years burn in time!

post #6283 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

Did you change anything that might have lead to this? It's unlikely that the headphone would suddenly change character, but I have also experienced similar things that I can't fully explain - it might be me or it might be my amp burning in completely (the amp is much newer than the headphones)

 

Not to fuel the fires of speculation, but I too noticed a difference at about the 3 yr. mark...T1s seemed to become much more transparent and the soundstage opened up especially in depth. Whether that's the T1 or other components in my system 'burning in' or just a change in my perception, I don't know. Not going to speculate further, just glad it happened. :D

post #6284 of 7966

Cool, so I should expect a better SQ later this year. :D 

post #6285 of 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by seb7 View Post
 

 

Not to fuel the fires of speculation, but I too noticed a difference at about the 3 yr. mark...T1s seemed to become much more transparent and the soundstage opened up especially in depth. Whether that's the T1 or other components in my system 'burning in' or just a change in my perception, I don't know. Not going to speculate further, just glad it happened. :D

 

Try change absolute polarity of your source, its somehow effect the sound scape in front of.

 

I didn't got this very much, but it's simply  kind of very best diffused field sound ever heard.

It's like something about the acoustic baffle finally works. make sound very effort-less  and open. oh, and Huge.


Transient character seems become total another thing,  makes all different

 

I'll do more report on Sunday.


Edited by donthuang - 1/9/14 at 3:21pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread