or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 416

post #6226 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHell View Post
 


Well, I have T1 and I agree with your opinion with too harsh on some recordings.

But, you still in at a better place than me cause I also have an ED8.......

It is HOT, and the price on amazon just drop to $700 too...............

I am not sure why I brought that phone, but I did...........Now, I wish I saved the money which I can easily get a HD650+K702~~~~~~

The sad part, if I sell it, I lose everything.............

 

I don't necessarily believe it is too harsh.

The problem is my ears are too damaged.

 

HD650+K702 are also a nicely complementary combination IMO.

post #6227 of 10478

Matching the T1 with the BH Crack has made a lot of sense for me the ability to fine tune the sound to my own personal tastes just to suit the music I plan to listen to for the evening. Roll a input or driver tube and voila great resolution another beguiling lifelike vocals & instruments another holographic soundstage, fast detailed & dynamic. Its like seasoning your food you can have it just the way you like.

post #6228 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by perhapss View Post
 

 

I don't necessarily believe it is too harsh.

The problem is my ears are too damaged.

 

HD650+K702 are also a nicely complementary combination IMO.


By looking at its FR graphic, you will see the highs are bit distorted. So, it will sound "harsh" for normal or not well recorded materials. I never have issues with classics or jazz. But sometimes on vocals and pops, the sibilance kicks int and kill the joy very fast~~~

post #6229 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHell View Post
 


Well, I have T1 and I agree with your opinion with too harsh on some recordings.

But, you still in at a better place than me cause I also have an ED8.......

It is HOT, and the price on amazon just drop to $700 too...............

I am not sure why I brought that phone, but I did...........Now, I wish I saved the money which I can easily get a HD650+K702~~~~~~

The sad part, if I sell it, I lose everything.............


The set on amazon for $764 right now has defects. They usually sell for $850 in good condition and $1000 new from an authorized dealer. I'm surprised that you'd rather have the HD650 & K702.

post #6230 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHell View Post
 


By looking at its FR graphic, you will see the highs are bit distorted. So, it will sound "harsh" for normal or not well recorded materials. I never have issues with classics or jazz. But sometimes on vocals and pops, the sibilance kicks int and kill the joy very fast~~~

 

Perhaps it will sound "harsh" to some people but other folks enthusiastically describe their sound as revealing and even warm.Also what is in the sound and what people perceive it to be can be quite different things.

 

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything regarding the T1's qualities I'm just saying....

post #6231 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by perhapss View Post
 

 

Perhaps it will sound "harsh" to some people but other folks enthusiastically describe their sound as revealing and even warm.Also what is in the sound and what people perceive it to be can be quite different things.

 

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything regarding the T1's qualities I'm just saying....


I guess I can take HD800 more compare to T1. However I do have HDVD800 for the sennheiser, but not any good amp for T1. So, I will refresh my thought after my GS-X arrived.

post #6232 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

its supposed to be amazing with the GSX

It really is...I just happen to be listening to my HD800/GS-X Mk2 combo right now (Paul McCartney NEW) and simply amazing!

 

For the T1s, I'd recommend the WA2. Just a great combination.

post #6233 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

It really is...I just happen to be listening to my HD800/GS-X Mk2 combo right now (Paul McCartney NEW) and simply amazing!

 

For the T1s, I'd recommend the WA2. Just a great combination.

 

What about the WA22? 

post #6234 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

 

What about the WA22? 

Honestly for the $, the WA2 is the way I'd go for the T1s if I had to do it all over again. The WA22 was quite a bit better with the HD800s and LCD-3s though.

post #6235 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Honestly for the $, the WA2 is the way I'd go for the T1s if I had to do it all over again. The WA22 was quite a bit better with the HD800s and LCD-3s though.

yea i have T1 wa2 which is great, but so is hd800/wa2. i will get to hear the gsx mk2 in the summer from 3 different sources (dacs) - looking forward to that 

post #6236 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Honestly for the $, the WA2 is the way I'd go for the T1s if I had to do it all over again. The WA22 was quite a bit better with the HD800s and LCD-3s though.

 

I'm looking to upgrade my Lyr, I've both of the T1 and HD800. The Lyr is a very good amp for the Alpha Dog though.

post #6237 of 10478

It happens that all T1 owner has HD800 too here~~~~

 

I wonder why :P

post #6238 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHell View Post
 

It happens that all T1 owner has HD800 too here~~~~

 

I wonder why :P

 

Perhaps because they are both great. 

post #6239 of 10478
I was contemplating HD800s, but have turned to either HE500 or LCD 2 for their different presentations and signatures.
post #6240 of 10478
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHell View Post
 

It happens that all T1 owner has HD800 too here~~~~

 

I wonder why :P

 

Perhaps because they are both great. 

Just different, similar but different to the degree you might want both.

HD800 airy, delicate, uber-spacious with incredible amount of details, T1 bold, perhaps more aggressive, closed in and intimate, better choice for less than stellar rock recordings.
Microscope vs magnifying glass. Technically HD800 is clearly superior (I do no wrong), T1 could be more emotional. That's just my personal perception.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread