Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 414

post #6196 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

i would pick the LCD2 to complement the T1... ice cream vs wine. 

 

What about beer vs wine? 

post #6197 of 7819

Sounds like the sort of caving pregnant women get:atsmile:

 

whisky-ice-cream.jpg

 

Frozen Pintsmercers-wine-ice-cream

post #6198 of 7819

Hey guys, hope I can get some good opinions. I am currently running a Burson SL with my newly acquired T1. I like it but I'm wondering if there are other amps like the regular Soloist that would give me a bigger performance boost. I would like to stay away from tubes (WA2) but I'm open to suggestions. 

post #6199 of 7819

add a decware csp2+  b4 the burson =

:beerchug:

post #6200 of 7819

I imagine that would sound amazing but if I'm going tubes I would just sell the Soloist and get the WA2. I'm truthfully worried how bright the tubes glow in a dark room when I watch movies and how warm the WA2 would get. 

post #6201 of 7819

Home alone yesterday afternoon so I pulled out the big guns for my BHCrack a vintage 12au7 Mullard and Gec 6as7g brown base. Put on the T1's sat back and relaxed listening to some Diana Krall and Melody Gardot, just wonderful so much detail and body to vocals and instruments. I really wonder just how it could sound any better just so vivid and natural.


Edited by JamieMcC - 1/6/14 at 1:56am
post #6202 of 7819
How much is that GEC...slurpsssss
post #6203 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

How much is that GEC...slurpsssss

 

I picked up two straight brown bases tested strong one marked GEC one Osram  for $110 delivered.

 

 

Normally tested used they seem to fetch around $100 a tube. NOS available on ebay but very high prices.
 

post #6204 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMcC View Post
 

 

I picked up two straight brown bases tested strong one marked GEC one Osram  for $110 delivered.

 

 

Normally tested used they seem to fetch around $100 a tube. NOS available on ebay but very high prices.
 

where how?

post #6205 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

where how?

 

Just checking ebay there have been several over the last couple of months both round and straight brown base types they have ended up going for around £75 each.


Edited by JamieMcC - 1/6/14 at 5:50am
post #6206 of 7819

I'm considering re-cabling my T1's and was looking for feedback from anyone who may have done it.  I'm very happy with how mine sounds now...just looking to get the best sound signature possible.

I've investigated the Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 cable and the Aphrodite Cu29  Zeus cables.  If anyone has re-cabled with  either one of those (or any other cable) I'd very much appreciate your take on the differences before and after.

post #6207 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMcC View Post
 

 

Just checking ebay there have been several over the last couple of months both round and straight brown base types they have ended up going for around £75 each.

any pairs?

post #6208 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post
 

any pairs?

No I have not seen any used listed as pairs, but often I have noticed the same seller will have more than one listed so always an option to contact and offer a buy now price for both.

post #6209 of 7819

Has anyone heard the T1's mated with a Yulong D100 MKII amp/dac? 

 

Also, is it a somewhat fair assessment to label the T1 as a good middleground between the sound of the D7000 and the HD800???

 

Also, what is the going rate on the used market for the T1?


Edited by KBerube80 - 1/6/14 at 5:26pm
post #6210 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBerube80 View Post
 

Has anyone heard the T1's mated with a Yulong D100 MKII amp/dac? 

 

Also, is it a somewhat fair assessment to label the T1 as a good middleground between the sound of the D7000 and the HD800???

 

Also, what is the going rate on the used market for the T1?

 

I can only answer your 3rd question, but they seem to go second hand for around $900 in my experience.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread