Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 403

post #6031 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

+1

 

i wouldn't say exceeds though, on better setups, i find the T1 does reach a sort of limit. but i do find some details easier to hear on the T1. its a very detailed and clear sounding headphone.

+1

post #6032 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post


To my ears the T1 exceeds the HD800 in terms of detail, clarity, transparency and resolution. The HD800 definitely has a wider soundstage and sounds smoother. I grab the T1 for strings & vocal recordings, however when I listen to trumpets & sax I want the extra 'fat' and smoothness of the HD800.

More details for strings - not at all, completely disagree there im afraid . Also i think HD800 is better for vocals. The T1 is good at pin pointing where the sounds are but on vocal and cymbals they are slightly more hissy. 

post #6033 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclife View Post
 

 

Would you mind me asking what kind of shipping option you chose for your ebay delivery and how did you get taxed? I'm also Canadian.

Hi musiclife

 

Copy & paste of delivery method from ebay.ca record : 

 

USPS Priority Mail Express International : US $54.25

Estimated delivery: Mon. 9 Dec. - Wed. 11 Dec.
 
If memory serves me right, I did not pay any custom tax when I bought the AKG K702 from Razordog a couple of years ago.  Usually the retailer will indicate/mention Customs charges or include a surcharge for the same reason in their product add.  I didn't see any so I'm hoping I won't have to pay any. 
post #6034 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

It looks I am the only one who likes solid-state amps for the T1. 

Wrong-O, I have a Meier stack and love it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

+1

 

i wouldn't say exceeds though, on better setups, i find the T1 does reach a sort of limit. but i do find some details easier to hear on the T1. its a very detailed and clear sounding headphone.

I agree about acoustic and vocal driven music, HD800 just hits another level.  

 

With Rock, the T1 is so fast and with the added bass just hard to beat with that genre of music.

post #6035 of 7819

Honestly these are still my favorite.  The treble, mids, and bass are exactly as I want them.  Not that this stops me from blowing money on other phones to try.

 

Hadn't listened to my T1 in a long time.  Put them on with the WA2 tonight and its like.....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

post #6036 of 7819

besides the HE-6, the T1 has the best bass for my tastes. 3rd would be lcd-2

post #6037 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

besides the HE-6, the T1 has the best bass for my tastes. 3rd would be lcd-2

Has an amp been established as the end game for the HE-6?

post #6038 of 7819

nope.

 

the Forte 1A i have sounds fantastic, but i think the HE-6 has some things i don't completely like about it. it sounds better than out of the GSX MK2, but the HE-6 is still kinda bright at times, mostly its very neutral and also, the soundstage/imaging aren't as good as the T1. midrange and detail is great but sometimes could use some improvement.

 

the bass is the best thing about them and my favorite thing about the HE-6.

post #6039 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadell View Post
 

Has an amp been established as the end game for the HE-6?

Ray Samuels Darkstar and stop counting.

post #6040 of 7819
Could probably get a better speaker amp though for dark stars cost though
post #6041 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

Could probably get a better speaker amp though for dark stars cost though

I thought he was asking about head amps...for head amps is the Dark Star and stop counting.  If you are just going to have the HE-6s as your only pair of headphones, by all means, forget the Dark Star and get a vintage speaker amp; you'll definitely save some money.  By the way, the Darkstar is just sublime with the HD800s and T1s.

post #6042 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro69 View Post
 

I thought he was asking about head amps...for head amps is the Dark Star and stop counting.  If you are just going to have the HE-6s as your only pair of headphones, by all means, forget the Dark Star and get a vintage speaker amp; you'll definitely save some money.  By the way, the Darkstar is just sublime with the HD800s and T1s.

the EF-6 does a very nice job with the HE-6    also very nice with Hd-800 and T1....lot less expensive than the DarkStar(which I have not heard)

post #6043 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo50 View Post
 

the EF-6 does a very nice job with the HE-6    also very nice with Hd-800 and T1....lot less expensive than the DarkStar(which I have not heard)

I have the EF-6 and love it with the T1, HD800, and even the TH900s.  Now, with the HE-6, it's a different story.  Since I am definitely in the minority, I am thinking that it doesn't do a good job maybe because:

1. I listen almost exclusively to classical music and the EF-6/HE-6 combo can't handle the wild dynamics swings of Mahler, Bruckner, etc.; and/or...

2. My sources (i.e., I've used an Oppo universal player, a Marantz SACD, and a Rotel CD player (each costing about 1K, mind you) do not have enough power and, as such, do not do the EF-6 justice.

Whatever the reason, the EF-6/HE-6 combo is definitely underpowered and tends to distort with wide dynamic/volume swings.  So...buyer beware!

post #6044 of 7819
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro69 View Post
 

I have the EF-6 and love it with the T1, HD800, and even the TH900s.  Now, with the HE-6, it's a different story.  Since I am definitely in the minority, I am thinking that it doesn't do a good job maybe because:

1. I listen almost exclusively to classical music and the EF-6/HE-6 combo can't handle the wild dynamics swings of Mahler, Bruckner, etc.; and/or...

2. My sources (i.e., I've used an Oppo universal player, a Marantz SACD, and a Rotel CD player (each costing about 1K, mind you) do not have enough power and, as such, do not do the EF-6 justice.

Whatever the reason, the EF-6/HE-6 combo is definitely underpowered and tends to distort with wide dynamic/volume swings.  So...buyer beware!

not my experience at all.....with my rig(Perfect Wave Dac2 thru Audiophilleo2 + PP) I have power to spare....drives everything effortlessly....

post #6045 of 7819

Hi everyone! I just want to ask if anyone of you experience listening fatigue with T1 after long term of listening? I am planning to get them next year but I am a bit worried that I might experience listening fatigue in long term listening. I already auditioned them btw and I really like it more than Senn HD800 but since I have only listened to them for a short period of time, I can't really tell if I will have listening fatigue on them. Thanks in advance! :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread